Sign in to follow this  
my_left_foot

Why all the surprise?

It is simple really and the writing has been on the wall.  Worthington has taken things as far as his abilities possibly can - it was time to take the next step forward some time ago.  Everyone has their limitations and the clever ones are those who realise them - the board are as much to blame for not recognising this.

Good work ethic, we passed the ball really well at times, we worked hard etc etc no longer washes I am afraid.  Even IF someone else came in now, it would be damage limitation.  Yes folks, face it we really are that poor and will be lucky to finish in the top half of the league.  Arguably the best supported team in The Championship but the laughing stock of the league!  Mighty Luton, the cream of East Anglia.  

I feel sorry for the 20,000 odd who have forked out substantial money for season tickets (including me) on the premise that we would at least be competitive this season and would have learned from the mistakes of last season.  I am afraid that both the manager and board are naive and the players rule the roost, doubtless dead chuffed about doubling their wages last season.  There simply isn''t the same commitment or will to "play for the shirt" - it has all gone rather too stale across the entire playing and management staff.  

Knock me down if you wish but sometimes the truth hurts.  Luton 4 Norwich 0 - sums the situation up quite nicely, doesn''t it?

I don''t think that the Board is naive, mlf - I just think that hoped that it would all go away, so that they didn''t have to push Worthington. Perhaps he will jump but, with his contract, he''d be daft to do that and lose out on a lot of money. I just get the feeling that the Board members will keep their heads down and we''ll limp along, winning a point here and there and escaping relegation by the skin of our teeth.