Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Errr, right......team for Fulham?

Hoola Han Solo wrote the following post at 16/10/2016 10:19 AM:

Apologies king canary it was out of order. Just fed up of egos trying to dominate the forum

So do you have any thoughts of your own Hans or do you just like to regurgitate those of others and throw in a little personal abuse for good measure?

I have noticed that when you try to start a thread of your own you creditably will often use the correct words but sadly often place them in the wrong order changing the meaning of what you are trying to say.👍

Can you not read? My first post on this thread,which was about the second or third overall stated my thoughts.

I''ve also noticed that you''re a stirring little sh1t trying to act all hard by calling posters by their real names and accusing posters of duplicate accounts all while sitting at your keyboard as an anonymous warrior.

So, what did your other account used to be called?

This was one of the first replies onthe thread, which lakey conveniently forgot all about.

Depending on Brady''s fitness it could be the same again. If not I wouldn''t be surprised to see maybe Howson out on the right and one of the Murphy''s on the left. Although personally I''d keep Pritchard in.

Wes said after the game that he can do two games in a week, and Newcastle aside he''s played every game including the midweeks, so I think he''ll feature.

Tettey will probably start away from home too, we need his energetic breaking up of the play.

Stay calm and try not abuse other posters Hans.

Just make your point and move on my boy, the abuse isn''t necessary.👍

"The largest wooden spoon measured 17.79 m (58 ft 4.39 in) in length and

1.50 m (4 ft 11 in) at its widest point, and was made by Centrul

Cultural Mioveni (Romania) in Mioveni, Romania, on 7 June 2013.

The spoon is an outsized replica of a traditional Romanian spoon." GWR.

Oh so now you know what''s in other posters heads when they are posting lakey?

You couldn''t be more full of shart, frankly.

I didn''t say ''don''t change a winning team'' LDC, just asked why oh why you would drop Wes and Tettey after their performances yesterday, particularly the way Wes linked up with Pritchard?

Same team for me. Maybe if AN feels we should tighten up against a free scoring side then you could tweak the midfield and ask the full backs to be cagier but maybe attack is the best form of defence.

Not sure the team from yesterday would be as physical as required in a proper scrap so do we consider recalling Naismith for a bit more bite?

[quote user="Fiery Zac"]I didn''t say ''don''t change a winning team'' LDC, just asked why oh why you would drop Wes and Tettey after their performances yesterday, particularly the way Wes linked up with Pritchard?[/quote]

Yeah, sorry, I wasn''t referring to you.  Wes was rested for Newcastle - and he can link up again with Pritchard on Saturday. Tettey? I obviously haven''t seen his complete perfromances, but from what I can gather, Howson and Dorrans have been doing well in his absence - and I still believe some of the defensive frailty comes from players being out of position and sometimes Tettey needs to stay back more and help cover the gaps.

The only change needed is, to take more chances, same team, Brady or Howson fit, then on the bench for Naismith & Bassong.

morty wrote: "No one is is implying there is no circumstance whatsoever that you wouldn''t change a winning team."
Well thank you for clarifying that morty. For the benefit of the rest of us, would you now perhaps be so good as to expand on the kind of reasons and circumstances that would, in your opinion, justify changing a winning team? (I mean footballing reasons of course; injuries, sickness, family bereavement and such like are not at issue).
And by the way, could you please first clarify exactly what you mean by a "winning team"? Do you just mean the team which played the last match (the match having been won)?

[quote user="morty"]Jesus Christ westcoast, are you actually LDC?[/quote]
Gratified you should think so morty [:D] 
I just wish people would actually think about issues, not simply keep repeating old fans''s tales and received fan wisdom from days long gone. Why do people think top clubs put such huge amounts of time, effort and money into analysing the competition if the secret of success in the next match is as simple as not changing a winning team? 

Point is though, read my post on the last page. That is my opinion, and the reasons behind it, I''m not just trotting out something I heard a pundit say 20 years ago.

It may seem old fashioned, but if it ain''t broke, it doesn''t need fixing.

So who do you think didn''t play well enough the other day, and should sit out on Tuesday?

Too much tinkering cost us more points than we gained from it last season, IMO.

We failed to get the best from many of our players, Mbokani, Redmond etc. because they were never allowed to settle into a decent run of form.

This season, as when he arrived, NA has had a more consistent approach to his team selection and results have followed accordingly. It is probably easier in this respect in the Championship but, nevertheless, it would be a foolish manager to start chopping and changing things around for reasons other than injury, suspension or loss of form.

THE REAL VALUE OF OUR STRENGTH IN DEPTH is when faced with these problems, not with the ability to change things around when they are going well.

There are not many fixtures where the opposition have to be accommodated to the extent that our starting eleven needs surgery.

For this reason my only change for Fulham would be to ''rest'' young Jacob Murphy who has done very well but looked a little less effective in his last two games and include, injuries permitting, either Howson or Brady. (Besides, Pritchard had an outstanding game on Saturday and this might well turn out to be one of the tougher away games.)

Alex Neil need not challenge himself with any other thoughts, surely? Slightly more defensive/workmanlike with Howson or the alternative with Brady I suspect.

There is always the subs bench if things are panning out badly and the Murphys have a habit of coming off that like corks out of a bottle..

There are some mantras which aren''t just sayings, but in my opinion almost true. e.g. If you''re good enough you''re old enough, fail to prepare then prepare to fail.

I also think that "don''t change a winning team" is close to that. On a separate thread I put my three exceptions (injury, prolonged loss of form, acquisition of better) but let''s face it we are not exactly playing Barcelona every week. None, not a single one, of any team in the Champs has, in my opinion, any particular threat, approach or tactic which justifies mucking around with a team which is gelling and finding good form and thus increasing in confidence.

Probably all you need to do is when you are away from home tell Olsson and Pinto not to be quite so quick to run up the field. That''s about it. Tettey and Dorrans look great in the centre and one of the Murphys adds attacking danger. Hoolahan speaks for himself and linked up really well with AP.

Teams like Chelsea and Man City are playing week in week out against peers who do have genuine threats which they may need to specifically counter. Some have the Champs League to worry about which requires more squad rotation. Our only distraction is the EFL Cup at the moment.

Rotherham were poor but this team is finally showing signs of nitting together very well as a unit. Please let us continue that and play the best team, not the best, on paper at least, players.

Interesting that if you read through this thread, it''s yet again LDC who starts the petty squabbling. Just throwing it out there.
As for not changing a winning team, Morty''s right in my opinion. It''d be different if it were a winning team that''s playing cr*p - but by all accounts link-up play etc looked good.
The easiest way of looking at it, what benefits are there to the team if we do change it?
What do we need to do to get a result at Fulham? We''ll probably be defending a bit more than usual so is there anyone we can bring in to help with that? Howson is potentially the only option for this - but it''d mean playing him on the right or similar for the more attacking Murphy. 
Other than that, I don''t see a single player that would come in and give us significantly more on either end of the spectrum so the need to change the team doesn''t really exist here.

Absolutely dreading this. Against my better judgement I''ve snapped up a ticket will be heading to CC for the 3rd time. Ironically making it my most visited away ground

I''ve had 0-6 and 0-5 before. Sticking a £10 on Fulham by more than 2 goals, just incase!

The only change I would consider is Jacob for Josh or Brady.

With Neil having stated post match that Pritchard has had to bide his time because others have been playing so well and also remarked how well he links with Wes it would be very strange indeed if he were dropped. we need to let that partnership develop and it will make us even harder to play against because we will keep the ball even better than we have done thus far this season.

Ditto Wes who is on fire at the moment. If anything Fulham may suit them better as the game may be a little more stretched and I think they will get plenty of space to operate.

Howson had a knock on his ankle so why risk starting him tomorrow night when others are playing so well. If Neil feels Wes can''t do the three games in a week then starting him on the bench for Preston would make more sense that resting him tomorrow night for what is on papers a trickier fixture.

Wrong Hogesar. I am normally responding to provocation.

I think it''s an interesting discussion, especially if people explain themselves rather than just put out bland mantras like ''don''t change a winning team'' which is too simplistic.

The main reason for changes are either tactical or to rest players or a combination of the two. The same team would of course be ok and good, but with the quality we have, we shouldn''t imo be scared of changing it. And players/teamwork would not be affected if changes are made - it''s a squad game these days and we have a great squad.

@Hoegsar

Don''t think that is fair. Hoola Han Solo started it with ''LDC talking shit again'' which he apologised for. The fact is though whoever starts it, the usual suspects pile in and it snowballs from there.

back on topic

A rest for a listless murphy with the fit again howson in his place for extra solidity against a decent fulham bogey side my only chane

McGovern

Pinto Martin Klose Olsson

Dorrans Tettey

Howson Wesmeister Pritchard

Subs

Ruddy Bennett Bassong Oliveira Naismith Brady Jacob

Strongest side for a tough away fixture, rest the physically struggling for Preston if needed bearing in mind most WONT play at leeds...

Josh & Thompson very unlucky to make way for the fit again players, the woes of being part of a strong squad

[quote user="westcoastcanary"][quote user="morty"]Jesus Christ westcoast, are you actually LDC?[/quote]
Gratified you should think so morty [:D] 
I just wish people would actually think about issues, not simply keep repeating old fans''s tales and received fan wisdom from days long gone. Why do people think top clubs put such huge amounts of time, effort and money into analysing the competition if the secret of success in the next match is as simple as not changing a winning team? 
[/quote]
Westcoast, Leicester City achieved the greatest level of success in the country last season by not changing a winning team ( unless it was necessary ). Not only that but, from game to game, the substitutes that were used were the same and appeared like clockwork. That seemed to be their secret for success last season.