Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Errr, right......team for Fulham?

Wes said on Saturday he can do two in a week. Alex Neil has said the same. In fact, he''s played all our midweek league games, apart from Newcastle where he was benched for tactical reasons.

He''s (probably) the best player in the Championship, and successful teams don''t go resting key players for important games.

Excuse me? That''s MY opinion on tonight''s lineup.

I think Hoolahan will start and I''ve given my reasons why I think he should.

Who made you the forum police?

Tettey''s Jig wrote: "minor squabbles aside, isn''t it great we can have these discussions where we have so many viable options and competition for places!"
Yes indeed. But don''t forget discussion is only appropriate when we haven''t won the last match, however many viable options there are and however strong the competition for places, or whoever we play next etc.. That''s because no-one should ever change a winning side .......... [:D] 

(PS Thanks to Jacko for his earlier excellent post).

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]-------------McGovern-------------

Pinto-----Martin---Klose----Olsson

--------Tettey------Dorrans-------

Ja Murphy-------Wes----------Brady

----------------Cam---------------

[/quote]

I''d go with this, unless Jacob''s dip in form means you bench him for this game with Josh or Pritchard as potential replacements.

[quote user="King Crimson"]Has Jacob Murphy dipped in form or was he just up against a very strong and physical left back?[/quote]And is Fulham''s left back also very strong and physical? Maybe we should take the upcoming opposition into account?

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]In answer to westcoastcanary''s question/scenario I would stick with Pritchard. Brady was unlucky to get injured but now has to fight to get his place back. He is not so much better than AP that he should go straight back in and arguably based on the more instinctive play between Him and Hoolahan on Sat, AP is the better option anyway.

Other than the defence generally, the biggest thing [in my view] we lack is that fluidity which come from familiarity and I genuinely believe that if we fix that aspect we will be an even stronger bet for an automatic spot. Now my recollection may not be right, but back in 92/93 I seem to recall that we had pretty much the same team out every week and it did pretty well and played some great football with what were considered at the time to be largely journeyman pros...............the emphasis was on "team", not "a collection of individuals".[/quote][Y] Brownie points for being the only person to offer me an answer Tumbleweed. I agree with you. Despite Brady''s last appearance being in a winning side, given his current form overall there''s a good case for not starting him, and as we saw on Saturday, Pritchard''s inclusion certainly didn''t weaken the side.
Re. 92/93, that''s 23 years ago and the game has changed enormously since those days.

For me, Brady''s benefit over Pritchard is being a natural left sided player.

Against Wolves, the crucial early goal was scored from an instinctive early cross from the left wing. This left Jerome 1v1 against the defender.

Against Rotherham, Pritchard would cut inside leaving Olsson to provide the width on the left.

At home, against Rotherham we could afford that, but away is a whole different ball game & i''m guessing Neil doesnt want both full backs to fully commit going forward & leave us short at the back, hence Brady giving us that width on the left

[quote user="lake district canary"]So. One change. Brady back in for Pritchard.  Otherwise the same team. Good subs bench.

[/quote]

as mentioned in an earlier post...on this thread that would be the only change.