Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Fulham match thread

Clearly there is a significant problem. We have conceded more goals than any other team in the top half and more than a lot in the bottom half. If we hit a dry patch in front of goal, which generally happens to all teams at some point, we are going to start losing these matches more often than not.

Nigel, throwing away four points when having a two goal lead is an indication of poor game management and an inability to see out games. Two of those points being against Newcastle which was effectively a six pointer. Now two points per game is a great stat and long may it continue however if you want to extrapolated the points dropped over a season it would equate to 24.5 points which would definitely have an effect. I am merely pointing out a deficiency in the teams make up that needs addressing, we have seen far to often this season how we flap around if we concede and it needs fixing. Teams now see us a team that panics if we concede and thus throw everything at us and we suffer!

[quote user="morty"]I wouldn''t have changed a winning team.....[/quote]Pritchard should''ve started before Brady [Y]

The point about the commentary was being made in the first half too. But unfortunately you lost signal until the second half MP.....

We all would have been happy with a point, but to lose a two goal cushion again is a little dissapointing, this time against a very average team.

Still only lost 1 in 10 games, great run, win Saturday and we''ll be back on track.

Ron. The reason we concede goals is because of the way we play. You saw that last season. The manager could change but then would we have 27 points from 13 games?

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]Used to like Paul McVeigh but he was really irritating tonight. Hope he doesn''t get too much more airtime if that''s the way he''s going. It''s local radio FFS.....he has to be a bit biased and he should know that.[/quote]Didn''t find him irritating - he was being superstitious imo.  Didn''t want to jinx it. Near the end he said "I didn''t really think Fulham would win it"Thought he called it ok.

My point is Nigel, we are losing points from winning positions far to easily and it needs addressing. If it was addressed we could well have 34 points from 13 games and have a substantial lead at the top and not have a reputation as a team that panics when we concede when in front. Simple really!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]The point about the commentary was being made in the first half too. But unfortunately you lost signal until the second half MP.....[/quote]No I didn''t. I was hearing loud & clear right from the start.And no doubt you will have noticed, as you seem the check every post that I make, that I did not make any negative comments when we let them have their 2 goals or at the end of the match either.Oh and my comment "pity our defence didn''t" was not negative, just a statement of the blatantly obvious.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Ron. The reason we concede goals is because of the way we play. You saw that last season. The manager could change but then would we have 27 points from 13 games?[/quote]No, if we could defend two goal leads we would have 32 points.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]It''s local radio FFS.....he has to be a bit biased and he should know that.[/quote]See, that''s the trouble. The majority on here don''t like a bit of honesty.

We''d love 34 points but if that''s the standard you''re demanding then you will be disappointed every single season. If we had 34 points that''s Sep points for the season . Good luck with that...

Well goodnight all.....at least it''s an exciting season, one we could be more relaxed about but as someone who thought we would end up mid table as the season started I''m very pleased with 2nd after 13. Let''s hope we can beat Preston now. Back on the horse.

[quote user="Jools"][quote user="Crafty Canary"]Before the game I''d have taken the draw given our record against Fulham. Whilst it is disappointing to lose a two goal lead, a point away is still a good point. I would imagine that AN is looking to tighten up the defence in the January window. Onwards and upwards.[/quote][Y][/quote]And despite what some suddenly-reappearing imbecile says in starting another thread, to hold on to a point against a resurgent team after being pegged back to 2-2 away from home does indicate some mental strength. In the end this will be recognised as a good result.Yes, the defence could be better. But this is the Championship. How many of the goals we score are down to defensive howlers from the opposition? Really quite a few.Overall we have lost just two games this season. Both away from home. One when we were hit hard by injuries (both first-choice fullbacks out and Oliveira not match-fit enough to replace the injured Jerome) and the freakish loss late on at Newcastle. I would say that was promotion form.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="......and Smith must score."]Used to like Paul McVeigh but he was really irritating tonight. Hope he doesn''t get too much more airtime if that''s the way he''s going. It''s local radio FFS.....he has to be a bit biased and he should know that.[/quote]Didn''t find him irritating - he was being superstitious imo.  Didn''t want to jinx it. Near the end he said "I didn''t really think Fulham would win it"Thought he called it ok.

[/quote]Which must be why he said words to the effect that Norwich would see the game out comfortably just as the first Fulham goal sailed in ....[;)]

The way we set up with full backs often our most forward players we are going to concede goals. AN obviously thinks we can score more than we concede. What did people used to say about the way we set up under Hughton?

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="......and Smith must score."]It''s local radio FFS.....he has to be a bit biased and he should know that.[/quote]See, that''s the trouble. The majority on here don''t like a bit of honesty.[/quote]If you want honesty then tune into the national stations.Local stations must always show at least some bias otherwise what''s the point of having them ?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]120.[/quote]Playing darts with yourself again, Eddie?

Lol buddy. My phone auto corrected 120 to Sep in the original message.

120 is the seasons points total based on 34 from 13 games.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]The way we set up with full backs often our most forward players we are going to concede goals. AN obviously thinks we can score more than we concede. What did people used to say about the way we set up under Hughton?[/quote]

Pretty sure we said it was boring, and we didn''t attack enough. We would rather not try to outscore the opposition. That is totally irrelevant in this situation though, as no one said anything about sitting back and losing concentration and conceding soft goals.

[quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]The way we set up with full backs often our most forward players we are going to concede goals. AN obviously thinks we can score more than we concede. What did people used to say about the way we set up under Hughton?[/quote]

Pretty sure we said it was boring, and we didn''t attack enough. We would rather not try to outscore the opposition. That is totally irrelevant in this situation though, as no one said anything about sitting back and losing concentration and conceding soft goals.[/quote]
You say a lot of hot air Seattle. And then you put on your parts with the insults. But you never talk about football and why things are what they are. There''s some good threads following from tonights game that have moved on from the hot air. 

I only throw insults at you, because you are a tool that picks fights and normally warrants the insult. You seem to know very little about football, and why most fans vent frustration at the poor parts of our teams play. I said the defense was bad, which was born out of frustration because it was, and then you singled me out. You must be the King of hot air when it comes to unrelated football topics if this is the standard on which a poster is judged.

A point at Fulham is good just a pity we threw the other 2 away

On and Upwards

Time for dinner

[quote user="nutty nigel"]They aren''t very good insults though are they? A little too stroppy and girly for my tastes....
[/quote]

So why do you care then? Surely it''s a non-issue. You''re a strange one king happy clapper.