Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

CUT OUT THE MISTAKES!

Ok, we know we are second and look like remaining there tonight, but if anyone on here has any influence - if anyone has any connection to the club - please pass the message on - cut out the mistakes!   It''s no one player that causes the soft goals against - it''s a different player every match, but enough already! Cut the faulty simple passes out, play the percentages and keep posession of the ball, then some of these soft goals against wouldn''t happen.  Yes, I know they know it already, but sometimes seeing it in black and white can help. Someone pass it on...... CUT OUT THE MISTAKES!  Please [:)] 

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]Can''t believe you''ve been THAT angry for 24 hours now. You need to get out[/quote]

LDC in need to ''come out'' shocker!

At the time of reading the first 20 threads on the first page are posted by 16 different posters....except for Lakey....who has posted 4 on his own to continue his "look at me...look at me" normal form. Here''s looking at you Lakey so now.....CUT IT OUT!!

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]
At the time of reading the first 20 threads on the first page are posted by 16 different posters....except for Lakey....who has posted 4 on his own to continue his "look at me...look at me" normal form. Here''s looking at you Lakey so now.....CUT IT OUT!!
[/quote]They would drift right down the page Yankee if nobody passed comment on them but then again some posters find that an impossible ask where Lakey is concerned.

LDC is right. They need to work on the basics of possession at the training ground, as opposed to the usual fixes eg subs, tactics, formations etc.Get the players trained so that they can retain possession in their sleep, instead of going to sleep during the match.

Interesting comparison with Man City.

They carved Barca open a few times, they have very good players but they''re only TOP player is Aguero. Tbf I rate De Bruyne and Silva highly but they''re not Barca class.

Both teams made mistakes, really poor ones, Barcelona have world class players and make them count. Man City were desperately short of that "extra" bit.

Sterling was decent though, maybe he can make a huge difference for England moving forward. But as far as "best league in the world" is concerned, we got dicked again.

The Prem has some great players, La Liga has the greatest.

If only City could emulate the obvious real-world perfection of many of their supporters...what a world we would live in.

Apples

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]
[/quote]

Ok. Looked at all my threads on the first page.One a match thread.One giving a link for a match highlightsOne asking for team suggestions for Fulham.One asking about penalty takers.One asking for a link to commentary of a match. .All on football, all quite normal. This one? OTT maybe, but still about football.

And quite right too, if it wasn''t for LDC there are times when this board would look like norwichtalk😂

Why do posters object to him starting threads about footy?

Maybe some people consider its better to say nothing, rather than spout bullocks, just for the sake of saying something?

Eh le juge?

Morty, When you stick to football you''re fine, if not a little out of date, anyway it''s footy I''m interested in so cheerio and have a nice day👍

I''ve just printed out the OP and posted it through Colney''s letterbox, FAO Alex Neil and his squad. I also suggested he should play Dorrans on the left.

Hopefully he''ll read it and all our problems will be solved.

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]I''ve just printed out the OP and posted it through Colney''s letterbox, FAO Alex Neil and his squad.[/quote]

[Y] That''s the spirit, but maybe you could have gone round the ground on Saturday and got everyone to sign it first, before you delivered it.  It would have more impact.  After all, we are all fed up with the mistakes being made, aren''t we?

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]I''ve just printed out the OP and posted it through Colney''s letterbox, FAO Alex Neil and his squad. I also suggested he should play Dorrans on the left.

Hopefully he''ll read it and all our problems will be solved.[/quote]I hope you also told him to drop useless lumps like Tettey and Howson in order to accomodate our own Paul Pogba instead?After all, Thompson must be quite some player that with just 10 mins of football at this level, he can not only make the DM/CM role his own, but can force established players onto the wing in the process - all just so he can get a game.I expect Man City will be along shortly (well, considering the Barca debacle) with a view to signing him as a long term replacement for Yaya, with Fernandinho moved left wing replacing Nolito to accomodate his enormous talent...I imagine he''ll be player of the month for Jan/Feb following his transfer as well...

[quote user="Mr Apples"]VanWink, have you ever made any mistakes?

Apples[/quote]

I thought this post was a mistake, or did you really mean it ?

""I mean, really, it''s just not good enough is it...drawing away to Fulham...second in the league...

I MEAN, WHY THE F*K AREN''T WE SMASHING EVERYBODY 15 - 0, WITH A PERFECT RECORD (although I''m sure there would be some doom tourists still complaining even if we were).

Get a grip...or go and watch tennis instead.

Apples ""

It is the mistakes when doing simple stuff that gets on my nerves. I can live with midfielders giving the ball away if trying defence splitting passes and the like, but too often it is the basics such as the ten yard pass or the marking at a corner that let''s us down. I do wonder if some of our players are mentally coasting a little bit.