Sign in to follow this  
The young canary

EDP - Paul Lambert

[quote user="The young canary"]Lovely report in the EDP the other day with Lambert backing us for promotion

Sounds like he has buried the hatchet with the club[/quote]

No, he is desperate to get in the news again as he is yesterday''s man, having failed in his last two jobs and not even in the running for any vacancies.

Trying to boost his profile so that when Strachan bails out of Scotland (probably after the England game) he can step right in.

Apples

He''s been far more noticeable over the last couple of months over a range of media platforms.

And he''s had a haircut.

Apples

Bizarre interpretation. Still the best manager we''ve had since I''ve been going and I wish him nothing but success. Glad to hear he speaks highly of us. I don''t think an interview with the EDP is suddenly going to make the SFA say ''there''s our man.''

Sounds to me like Dicky has a very appropriate name. Why the bitterness towards a man who gave me some of the best times watching Norwich City over the years and that is since 1963 ? Up there with Saunders,Bond,Walker and Brown. All were different in their own way but like Lambert gave us some great football to watch.

[quote user="Dicky"][quote user="The young canary"]Lovely report in the EDP the other day with Lambert backing us for promotion

Sounds like he has buried the hatchet with the club[/quote]

No, he is desperate to get in the news again as he is yesterday''s man, having failed in his last two jobs and not even in the running for any vacancies.[/quote]

Did he have enough resources to compete at Aston Villa and Blackburn? No.

Just be grateful for the excellent job he did for this club, without it, we would have been in deep financial ****

Will always love Lambert for what he did for us, I hope Neil can go on to emulate and then better his achievements with us. I know where you are trying to lead us, Waveney, and I''m not going there... [:)]

Spot on Tilly - we can''t be ungrateful in the slightest for what that man has done for Norwich City, I say that because much of his groundwork is still in place at the club to this very day (Lambert that is, not Corbyn 😂).

no coincidence that the person he may have want to have buried any hatchet in has left the club?

Paul twiddling his thumbs waiting for the Scotland call and his retirement upon subsequent failure. It''s a shame really

Legend, no doubt, but he''s got a questionable attitude that will stunt his career.

[quote user="Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB"]Lets not forget that Norwich City were also good for Paul Lambert, I was surprised he left us for Villa, biggest mistake of his career.....[/quote]Thankfully that had nothing to do with Mr Bowkettnot at allno sirree

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Sounds to me like Dicky has a very appropriate name. Why the bitterness towards a man who gave me some of the best times watching Norwich City over the years and that is since 1963 ? Up there with Saunders,Bond,Walker and Brown. All were different in their own way but like Lambert gave us some great football to watch.[/quote][Y]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Sounds to me like Dicky has a very appropriate name. Why the bitterness towards a man who gave me some of the best times watching Norwich City over the years and that is since 1963 ? Up there with Saunders,Bond,Walker and Brown. All were different in their own way but like Lambert gave us some great football to watch.[/quote]

How do you have a list like that without Dave Stringer? Best we ever were under his stewardship.

[quote user="Jools"][quote user="TIL 1010"]Sounds to me like Dicky has a very appropriate name. Why the bitterness towards a man who gave me some of the best times watching Norwich City over the years and that is since 1963 ? Up there with Saunders,Bond,Walker and Brown. All were different in their own way but like Lambert gave us some great football to watch.[/quote][Y][/quote]

Brown noser

[quote user=" Green and Yellow"]Paul Lambert is by a country mile the best Norwich manager I''ve seen at the club. No one can take away what he achieved at the club and for the club.[/quote]

Indeed we would be mathematically already promoted if he was in charge such is the power of the Messiah

[quote user="The young canary"][quote user=" Green and Yellow"]Paul Lambert is by a country mile the best Norwich manager I''ve seen at the club. No one can take away what he achieved at the club and for the club.[/quote]

Indeed we would be mathematically already promoted if he was in chargfe such is the power of the Messiah[/quote]

You are a grade A plonker.

there is no doubt that Young Waveney Canary is a plonker, but i''ve kinda grown fond of him, a bit like a daft old Nan that doesnt go out much but has a few little sayings that get her through the day. eg. '''' such is the power of the Messiah''

Obviously too many on here are too young to remember that great 18 months with Mike Walker in charge.The Lambert years were a close second but nothing will compare to coming so close to winning the Premier League.

Still remember being 8 points clear of the rest of the Premier League at Christmas. Not likely to ever see that again in my lifetime.