Sign in to follow this  
Barking Mad Barclay Boy

Southampton

Isnt it mad to think we arrived in the premiership with southampton a few years ago!

Look at them now playing inter milan in the europa league whilst we await a home fixture against preston.

Its crazy to think that we could be in that situation too.

Nevermind onwards and upwards for us

Good club, well run and seem to have got their scouting nailed. However as Lakey says they have had the benefits of a very rich owner for quite a while.

Are Southampton the new Leicester? If so, who are Leicester now?

Ahhhh, remember the days when we wished we were Charlton or Bolton?

Apples

"Ahhhh, remember the days when we wished we were Charlton or Bolton?"

Indeed. One of the reasons Charlton did so well for so long is because they got a good young manager and kept faith in him over a number of years. Am really hoping AN can be something similar for us. Could AN be out AC? ;-)

[quote user="lake district canary"]"Ahhhh, remember the days when we wished we were Charlton or Bolton?"

Indeed. One of the reasons Charlton did so well for so long is because they got a good young manager and kept faith in him over a number of years. Am really hoping AN can be something similar for us. Could AN be out AC? ;-)[/quote]
He has the "potential" because he looks like him....he has two arms and two legs. Just a toupee required and he''s in business. How is Rudd doing?

Thread''s full of small time little old Norwichers. AN will be our AF!

Oh and our U18s won at Southampton a couple of weeks ago. So we can''t wish we were them anymore...

[quote user="lake district canary"]HHS - Alas, poor Yankee doesn''t do humour, at least not in my case. [:(]

[/quote]He needs some TLC Lakey. Come Nov 8th he has to choose between Clinton & Trump ........... [;)]

[quote user="lake district canary"]HHS - Alas, poor Yankee doesn''t do humour, at least not in my case. [:(]

[/quote]He needs some TLC Lakey. Come Nov 8th he has to choose between Clinton & Trump ........... [;)]

Yeah it is mad to think we arrived in the prem with Southampton because we didn''t they were a season behind us, as for a well run club I wouldn''t call going into administration to clear your debt before a billionaire comes and pumps a whole lot more money in is well run, the whole thing stinks and shouldn''t be allowed to happen, the club should have been wound up or the new owner cleared the multi million pound debt the club still had, we used getting to the prem to clear our debt the right way, fek Southampton

[quote user="DDD In The Fine City"]Yeah it is mad to think we arrived in the prem with Southampton because we didn''t they were a season behind us, as for a well run club I wouldn''t call going into administration to clear your debt before a billionaire comes and pumps a whole lot more money in is well run, the whole thing stinks and shouldn''t be allowed to happen, the club should have been wound up or the new owner cleared the multi million pound debt the club still had, we used getting to the prem to clear our debt the right way, fek Southampton[/quote]

I feel sure that was an important point you made in the last sentence.

[quote user="DDD In The Fine City"]Yeah it is mad to think we arrived in the prem with Southampton because we didn''t they were a season behind us, as for a well run club I wouldn''t call going into administration to clear your debt before a billionaire comes and pumps a whole lot more money in is well run, the whole thing stinks and shouldn''t be allowed to happen, the club should have been wound up or the new owner cleared the multi million pound debt the club still had, we used getting to the prem to clear our debt the right way, fek Southampton[/quote]

The new owner did pay off all that multi-million pound debt when he took over.

[quote user="DDD In The Fine City"]Yeah it is mad to think we arrived in the prem with Southampton because we didn''t they were a season behind us, as for a well run club I wouldn''t call going into administration to clear your debt before a billionaire comes and pumps a whole lot more money in is well run, the whole thing stinks and shouldn''t be allowed to happen, the club should have been wound up or the new owner cleared the multi million pound debt the club still had, we used getting to the prem to clear our debt the right way, fek Southampton[/quote]Southampton were the exception to the rule DDD......."Just

as it looked like the club would have to fold, the cavalry arrived in

the shape of Markus Liebherr, whose DMWSL 613 Limited acquired the share

capital of the football club (and other group companies) from the

administrators of Southampton Leisure Holdings Plc on 8 July 2009. Not

only did the new owner save the club, but he also paid the debts in

full, as opposed to many new owners who only pay a few pennies in the

pound for debts owed, leaving many small business and public authorities

out of pocket.""
Importantly,

Liebherr cleared the debts to the bank, tax authorities and trade

creditors as part of the acquisition, replacing them with a £20 million

shareholder loan that is not repayable for at least five years"
http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/2012/01/southampton-saints-alive.html

But as far as the advantage the club had the end result is the same. Debts written off of debts paid in full amount to the same thing for the club moving forwards. We had to pay our way yet still have spent 4 seasons in the PL and are challenging once again to return. Under the circumstances that''s probably a greater achievement than Southampton.

[/quote]
Stop playing the poster and answer the football question.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="lake district canary"]HHS - Alas, poor Yankee doesn''t do humour, at least not in my case. [:(]

[/quote]
Stop playing the poster and answer the football question.
[/quote]

Lol.  You do have a sense of humour after all.