Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Team for Preston

All out attack and try and get well ahead in the game. If up at 3-0, close out the game with subs, keeping on the pitch the ball retaining players.             McGovern   Pinto Marti Klose Olsson                 TetteyMurphy Pritchard Wes Brady                 Jerome

Once up in the game bring on Dorrans and Thompson for Brady and Murphy, solidify that midfield and make sure we don''t concede.Easy. [:S]

So just one central midfielder against at least two Preston ones? We''d lose the game in midfield.

Do we know if Howson is fit yet? I think AN will try and win the game in midfield, with Tettey and Dorrans holding. I''d have a narrow midfield with Olsson and Pinto getting up the pitch. I also think Jacob should get a rest with Wes, Howson and Brady/Pritchard the three behind Jerome. The defence picks itself.

I think this is going to be a lot harder than some fans think, but here''s my team for what it''s worth:-

McGovern

Pinto

Martin

Klose

Olsson

Tettey

Dorrans

Howson

Hoolahan

Pritchard

Jerome

With subs of Ruddy, Bennett, Thompson, Brady, Ja Murphy, Oliveria, Naismith

I like the look of your team Lakey, but it''s something i''d get away with on FIFA but it''d be massively overrun in reality unless Tettey was to turn into a cross between Usain Bolt and Patrick Vieira tonight.

I don''t know how effective Pritchard would be in a deeper lying role, i mean the likes of Modric and Xavi are short but manage to cope lying deep next to a more physically imposing option but I don''t think it''s time to experiment. I do feel like we need to get Pritchard in the team somewhere though.

Howson will probs be missing still and Dorrans has been playing well so deserves to stay in the side for now. I do wonder if he''s up to it from a defensive point of view though. No doubting his composure or influence going forward but he''s not the type to impose himself on the midfield. Tettey will likely need a bit of a break soon as well after so many tough games recently.

I''d go with HHS''s pick, providing Howson is fit...One of the Murphs to provide impact from the bench.

Apples

--------------McGovern-------------

Pinto---Bennett---Klose---Olsson

---------Dorrans---Howson--------

-----Pritchard--Wes--Brady-------

---------------Oliviera------------

Subs:

Ruddy, Martin, Thompson, Tettey, Murphy, Murphy, Jerome

Time to get Bennett back in for Martin at the back. Sorry Russ, as much as I like you our only 3 clean sheets this season have been with RyBen.

I would also rest Jacob M and Jerome who both looked very tired midweek. They''ve played a lot of football already this season and it''s time to use our big squad.

McGovern

Pinto - Martin - Klose - Olsson

Dorrans - Tettey

Jo Murphy - Wes - Pritchard

Jerome***

Cant see how we could contemplate dropping Dorrans, been brilliant recently & is it any coincidence that Hoolahan is playing a lot better with Dorrans in the middle? Plus who would take the pens!

Josh in for Jacob, he needs a rest & to be taken out of the firing line

Pritchard in for Brady, who was poor midweek although I see why he started

Jerome is the main man, but could see why Oliviera could be brought in (although with the cup game I expect Oliviera to start that & Jerome to start tomorrow)

[quote user="Donkey dangler"]Dare we risk Martin in our defence?[/quote]

Not masses in it between Martin and Bennett in terms of quality. Martin probably a bit better with the ball at his feet. Bennett better defensively.

I would go for Bennett as we need to improve defensively. With Dorrans in the team playing the "QB" role, I think we can afford to give up Martin''s slightly better distribution.

A tougher game than many think - Preston are unbeaten in their last 6. After Fulham AN said Howson was unlikely to be ready for tomorrow & I don''t see him changing our shape, unless he''s seen something in their set up that makes him think we can''t go all out with the front 4 that started against Rotherham. At times during that game, we looked excellent, so I''d go with the same team.

McG

Pinto - Martin - Klose - Olsson

Tettey - Dorrans

Jacob - Wes - Pritchard

Jerome

I''d like to see an example of a line-up fielded by Norwich or even any team that is as top heavy as the OP''s suggestion - one recognised central midfielder? Eh?

Would like to see the same team that started against Rotherham tbh, Brady remaining in the team over Pritchard would be shocking!

Where''s Canos??? Wouldn''t mind him coming in for Jacob or at least coming on after 65 for a run out!

There main threat comes from set pieces, so for me we need to defend these well from the start so I''d put in some height and ariel ability - I''m a great fan of Pinto(the thinking man Otsemerbor, but his ariel ability worries me.

Ruddy

Martin, Bennett, Klose, Olsson

Tettey, Dorrans

Ja Murphy, Wes, Pritchard

Jerome

I image the actual team will be very close to the last match?

McGovernPinto, Martin, Klose, Olsson          Tettey, Dorrans     Canos, Wes, Pritchard               JeromeI think Jacob needs a brief rest and in reality our strongest right winger along with him is Canos IMHO, who surely deserves a chance against relatively weak opponents.Pritchard in for Brady who needs to up his game to keep his place.Other than that, working as intended and no changes needed unless fitness issues dictate otherwise.

Normally I always sometimes say you should maybe consider changing a drawing side.

Always most of the time taking into account if it was positive draw or a negative draw.

If you want to outsmart the average armchair fan, or even the most very cleverest of pinkun poster you should always possibly apply post match radio Norfolk analysis to establish if it was a positive draw with negative undertones or negative draw with mainly negative undertones that could have been much worse.

If a change is decided upon for any other reason than family death, injury, sometimes WAG''s childbirth (not necessarily a given), tiredness, manager fallout, loss of memory, transfer out (permanent or loan) or something else not predefined then you should either go for wholesale changes or only a few or pretty much the same team with even the same players.

It can take a while to calculate but so long as you come to a decision and post the team just after 2pm tomorrow you should almost definitely nearly get it right and look as if you know what you''re talking about.

@Lakey

Your team selections baffle me. One week you think we should have Howson and Dorrans out wide as we need more defensive solidity, the next you want to throw caution to the wind with Tettey protecting a hugely attacking midfield four.

I''d line up....

McGovern

Pinto Martin Klose Olsson

Tettey Dorrans

Pritchard, Wes, Murphy (Josh)

Jerome

After watching highlights of Fulham, for me four changes.....

Martin out for Bennett, Brady out for Murphy, Ruddy back between the sticks and last Jerome for Oliviera.

Ruddy,

Pinto, Bennett, Klose, Olsson

Tettey, Dorrans,

Murphy, Wes, Murphy

Oliviera.

I like Pritchard and he was indeed superb last home game, bit strange how he was overlooked at Fulham.

Brady hasn''t been at his best and warrants to be dropped.

Murphy just has pace and goals, both Murphy brothers play well when in the same game, ( well in the youth team) so I''d start with them, but Pritchard is a good shout too!

Either ahead of Brady in my book.

Lakey

Agree with playing Wes and Pritchard but you cant drop Dorrrans, hes been playing really well. Brady didnt have a good game so I''d drop him to make way for Pritchard but not sure that Alex will. Not sure if Jacob might get a rest and he might play Josh instead.

McGovern

Pinto, Martin, Klose, Olsson

Tettey, Dorrans

Josh/Jacob, Wes, Pritchard

Jerome

The sooner Howson is fit the better, I think he would have made the difference at Fulham.

McGovern

Pinto, Bennett, Klose, Ollson

Tettey, Dorrans

Pritchard, Wes, Brady

Jerome

Like to see this team start

AN has said he needs to sort out the problem of conceding goals. I expect that to start today. Ruddy in and Bennett back alongside Klose. 2 changes that I feel won''t disrupt team but will strengthen as well.

Ruddy

Pinto Bennett Klose Olssen

Tettey Dorrans

Murphy Hoolahan Pritchard

Jerome

Joking aside Fuzzar I think the timing of our subs are usually a bit later than expected - AN is oddly quite cautious in this respect, would like to see him freshening things up on around 65 mins rather than 75-80.

Hope we are adventurous today but I have a horrible feeling about this match...which I have not been able to shake even to the point of predicting a defeat .....I really hope not because this forum will be more poisonous tonight. Preston will be no turnover yet it''s a game possibly 90%+ of fans think we will win. One of those days hen I just want 4.50pm to arrive! What''s happening to me!