Sign in to follow this  
Diane

Norwich v Preston - Match Thread/Chat

Eadie did sit on the fence a bit. He had little digs at the manager but also backed him in this league.

We don''t have to wait ''til January to bring in a defence coach though Crafty. That said, we had a well-qualified defence coach as manager not long ago. 

It is OK having a great defence coach if we could find one but if the material he has to work with is sh!te he isn''t going to achieve much. We need better defenders who don''t think leaving players to have free headers is the epitome of good defending.

Not happy with today''s defence that''s for sure. It looked like Bassong was being put through his paces at half time and I half expected to see him second half.

I''ve just said this on the goal thread, but to me it looks as if the defenders were all marking their players and the three non defenders - Jerome, tettey and Brady who were nearest the goalscorer - somehow didn''t see him......so it''s not as simple as getting better defenders. 

[quote user="lake district canary"]I''ve just said this on the goal thread, but to me it looks as if the defenders were all marking their players and the three non defenders - Jerome, tettey and Brady who were nearest the goalscorer - somehow didn''t see him......so it''s not as simple as getting better defenders. 

[/quote]I agree it''s not just about getting better defenders. Preston have scored more goals from set pieces than anyone else in the Championship this season. Baptiste is their second top goal scorer, behind Hugill. How come he wasn''t being man marked by one of our defenders?