Sign in to follow this  
Diane

Norwich v Preston - Match Thread/Chat

[quote user="OldRobert"]Preston player totally unmarked according to Sky.........................[/quote]
An unmarked header, not like that''s ever happened before! People say we''ve a lot of quality in the squad but it doesn''t look like it to me, too inconsistent for the top 2.

I have had a bad feeling about this game all week. Five wins and a draw in six games was excellent and a defeat has to come sometime. Preston are in a good run of form currently so my feeling that today could be the day. However ten minutes left so who knows, maybe we can do a Newcastle on them. Even if we lose it isn''t the end of the world so certainly no need to panic.

Norwich have now averaged 1 point per game in the last 5 games.

They averaged 2.4 points per game the 5 games before that.

A defensive frailty again, a defence who knew how to defend against us, poor performance all round. Is this a wake up call for us, I would have thought Fulham and Newcastle games would have been enough?

Said during the week after Preston beat Huddersfield that we need to watch their free kicks but we give Baptiste a free header!

A major setback again but hope springs eternal! Can we yet again learn from our mistakes!

Like Groundhog Day. We lack serious quality in defense, and seem devoid of effort and desire. Lethargy was the work Rob Butler used, and Eadie seemed very annoyed it takes a sub or for us to goal down to start putting effort in. This squad still needs a bit of a clear out.

I don''t think that this result should really surprise many posters here. So much has been written about the unconvincing nature of results and the defence. It was bound to happen. I''m sorry too for being negative before the match on the team for Preston thread but the sense of foreboding was very strong.

On a positive note perhaps Neil will play his second string team on Tuesday and we can turn in a strong winning performance at Leeds?

"Iwan''s Big Toe"]Today''s game may have been poor but I''ll bank my last dime that Canary Call is going to be immense.

😂😂 has started already! It does make you laff!!!!

Can we learn from our mistakes. Surely the evidence is piling up game after game that the answer is "NO!"? What''s crucial is to identify exactly who is making the mistakes and the answer to that IMO is our midfield cover. Did the goal come from a set piece or a cross? If the latter, from where exactly? 

[quote user="Ron Manager"] has started already! It does make you laff!!!![/quote]Don''t complain, phone in and discuss the positives then, if there were any

Now is not the time to panic. We all know our defence is very poor and the fact that only five teams have a poorer defensive record than us just confirms that. I cannot believe that AN & co are oblivious to this and I fully expect them to address this in January. If they don''t then that would be the time to throw the toys out of the pram. Until then let''s keep the burning effigies for Bonfire Night. 🙏

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]Now is not the time to panic. We all know our defence is very poor and the fact that only five teams have a poorer defensive record than us just confirms that. I cannot believe that AN & co are oblivious to this and I fully expect them to address this in January. If they don''t then that would be the time to throw the toys out of the pram. Until then let''s keep the burning effigies for Bonfire Night. 🙏[/quote]If the problem can''t be sorted out until January then that will be too late.

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="Ron Manager"] has started already! It does make you laff!!!![/quote]Don''t complain, phone in and discuss the positives then, if there were any[/quote]

MP, I am not complaining I''m merely laughing at the first caller and Bob Rutler butting heads! It was quite funny! Positives, ermm, can''t think of one at the moment but I''m sure they''ll be plenty on here shortly to tell us why we''re destined to go up and AN can do no wrong!

Well it was inevitable that we''d have a game where we struggled to score and our defensive issues mean when we do we will lose.

Today was poor all round though. Tettey had a genuinely awful game, particularly with his passing, we missed the attacking dynamism of Pinto and Brady was anonymous yet again.

My biggest concern coming out of the game though is that Nelson looks crap. Poor touch, slow, not very physical and couldn''t pass. I''m assuming this is because he has barely played this season but the early signs aren''t promising.

Rob slamming Oliveira''s performance and Eadie saying it how it is

Bad news Howson out for 2 months

[quote user="Diane"]Rob slamming Oliveira''s performance and Eadie saying it how it is [/quote]But of course there will be people saying that they''ve got it wrong. No doubt they''ll be along in due course.

Making Plans wrote the following post at 22/10/2016 5:14 PM:

Crafty Canary wrote:

Now is not the time to panic. We all know our defence is very poor and the fact that only five teams have a poorer defensive record than us just confirms that. I cannot believe that AN & co are oblivious to this and I fully expect them to address this in January. If they don''t then that would be the time to throw the toys out of the pram. Until then let''s keep the burning effigies for

Bonfire Night. 🙏

If the problem can''t be sorted out until January then that will be too late.

As we cannot bring in new players until then there is no value in panicking now. All we can do is rotate current players who are not good enough.