Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Howson

Everybody looked tired, physically and mentally!!

After they scored I was so dissapointed the way we hoofed every ball when their back four were so comfortable dealing with it. It''s in those sort of situations that Jonny would have at least tried to play some football.

When the game was made tight and scrappy in midfield by the opposition that''s where he would have made a big difference compared to Dorrans in those situations. We lost most of the second balls

Jonny''s a big miss.

Exactly the type of player we needed yesterday.

Really disappointed in the the clubs communication with the fans, Surely they could have the decency to let the fans know what is going on.

Let''s hope the recovery goes well!

Closest thing we have to a complete, box to box, midfielder. Always going to be missed.

[quote user="STAN"]Don''t panic, i''m sure Mulumbu will be fighting fit in a few months.[/quote][:D]

Dorrans.

Started having too many touches and holding onto the ball too long.

But Dorrans along with Wes is the guy who keeps our midfield passing ticking over, it''s no surprise that he''s pretty much top of the tree in this respect (only AP is probably better and he needs match time to show it consistently).He''s also scored more than Howson in less game time and isn''t afraid to have a shot (takes nearly twice as many as Howson) which we often need instead of incessant passing to nowhere.Ideally you''d have Howson and Dorrans infront of Tettey with 2 wingers, but then you''re leaving Wes out and that''s a whole new can of worms...

Hmm. When he first got into the team he was getting the ball and moving it quickly. It was a good thing.

Lately you can see that now he''s a little more sure of his place he''s indulging in extra touches - and slowing the tempo down.

Or just drop Brady, the lazy f*ck.

I think Dorrans'' extra touches come from the lack of movement from others. If Wes wasn''t on the pitch yesterday I dont think we would have moved up the pitch at all as neither Tettey, Brady and to an extent Murphy, Martin actually moved well and showed for the ball.

Dorrans seems like a bit of a moody bugger- at least once a game he picks up the ball and throws his hands out to signal his annoyance at the lack of movement in front of him.

He does like to put his foot on it and slow it down, sometimes I wish he''d carry it 10-15 yards forward a bit quicker but I do think he gives us more balance than the Howson/Tettey combo.

I think a lack of movement infront was a contributing factor yesterday. But there are also times where he is not taking the easy and quick pass in favour of trying to turn and do something else.

Agree, also my biggest frustration with Wes. Obviously a great player but sometimes I wish he''d play the simple pass rather than trying something fancy.

Which all suggests there''s a real point to AN constantly shouting pass, pass, pass. Can anyone remember our first half performance away at West Ham last season? Slick passing, high tempo, and the Hammers mesmerised. Never reproduced it since. We showed we can do it; why only once, or at best in patches?