Sign in to follow this  
mr footy

Too easy!

The championship this season has six teams who can give us a game the rest are poor.Sometimes it has become something of training game about it.This is good news for us as top six shouldn''t be a problem, top two is looking good.We belong in the top league not at times a league which is poor on quality

That''s a fair post Mr. Yesterday definitely had the feel of a training match about it. I loved the win but to be honest it didn''t feel that satisfying as a result.

Will be a bit different on Tuesday though mate😄

Don''t get this at all.  No easy games.  Rotherham could have had that first goal allowed (it wasn''t offside) and pegged us back yesterday.  Every club has a threat and if anyone starts to think it''s easy, that is when we will get disappointed.  It''s going to be tough going to stay at the top - everyone will be out to get us and we will have to be at our very best all season to stay there.  Easy it definitely won''t be.

I know what you''re saying Lakey but seriously yesterday just felt like a training run out.

Lots of dangers associate with that though I agree.

[quote user="VanWink"]I know what you''re saying Lakey but seriously yesterday just felt like a training run out.

Lots of dangers associate with that though I agree.[/quote]Maybe that''s why we let in two goals, or could easily have been two goals.  Too casual?

Was Wigan at home too easy?

What about Birmingham away?

No such thing as easy games and it''s a long ol'' season

Interesting points. But how are they squared with the amount of clubs with those ambitious investors and parachute money? Again in the pub after yesterdays game I was told we have no ambition. Of course it''s well known I believe the opposite is true. So are people saying we now are the ambitious club of the champs?

Well I wouldn''t say the division is too easy but I would say the league Is full of alot of bang average sides and players. But if you are not on your game you could get punished.

Been games so far we haven''t been particularly good in but the quality of the players we have, have taken us over the line. Where alot of other sides if they ain''t playing well don''t have that quality to get them through games.

But Villa have shown ya that if ya do have that quality in the side that you need all the other elements to be successful in this division, like hard work, good organisation etc.

"Rotherham could have had that first goal allowed (it wasn''t offside) and pegged us back yesterday"It was offside.

If that goal that was offside went in we''d have been in trouble

Lol!!!

It did actually ''go in'' that''s why you refered to it as a goal.

(do keep up, laddie)

[quote user="mr footy"]The championship this season has six teams who can give us a game the rest are poor.Sometimes it has become something of training game about it.This is good news for us as top six shouldn''t be a problem, top two is looking good.We belong in the top league not at times a league which is poor on quality[/quote]

Absolute nonsense. This is a tough league and every team in it can give you a hard game. Were you at the game yesterday?

[quote user="lake district canary"]....... everyone will be out to get us .......[/quote]poor old lakeylink

We have only played just over a quarter of the league so far this season and there is still a very long way to go. Barnsley got off to a good start but have since picked up just 1pt from their last 5 games. Any team could go on a winning run as there''s still ages of time left - each one has 34 games still to play

Anyone who thinks it will be an easy season for us should place a big bet on us to gain promotion or win the league. Yes we''re doing fantastic at the moment but you have to bear in mind this could all change. The table can change around fast at the moment as there are a lot of teams level on points - the gap between the playoffs and the drop is still only 10 points

[quote user="morty"]Didn''t you predict 6 nil or something for yesterday''s game though Lakey?[/quote]After my attention again, I see.  As I explained yesterday and as you will well remember, unless your brain is as stupified as you make out,  a 6-0 does not mean it is easy, merely that a good start to a game can lead to a rout, but it is never easy.   I''ll quote it for you  - "Predicting a high score doesn''t mean it will be easy, but score early

and get ahead and we know we can score goals, so we are capable of big

wins.  It''s gonna happen sooner or later this season. But it''s never easy."Look it up if your memory is that bad. [^o)]

[quote user="mr footy"]The championship this season has six teams who can give us a game the rest are poor.Sometimes it has become something of training game about it.This is good news for us as top six shouldn''t be a problem, top two is looking good.We belong in the top league not at times a league which is poor on quality[/quote]

Everyone is getting just a little complacent on here all of a sudden. Other teams are starting to think we''re an arrogant bunch - even Newcastle fans don''t evidence this kind of divine right to win promotion.

Everyone should just calm down. We''re not going to get 100 points. We''re not going to walk this league - we have kept two clean sheets in 12 games and we haven''t yet played a series of hard games.

It''s a good start, but that''s all it is. We are 4 points ahead of where we were under Adams after 12 games, that''s all. Still plenty of time for us to screw up.

Saturday was as good as we have played - like at Wolves and Newcastle, we were good for 70 minutes out of 90.

It''s promising, but please don''t let us get like all those other fans who think they are entitled to be in the PL.

[quote user="HazzaJet"]We have only played just over a quarter of the league so far this season and there is still a very long way to go. Barnsley got off to a good start but have since picked up just 1pt from their last 5 games. 1. Any team could go on a winning run as there''s still ages of time left - each one has 34 games still to play

Anyone who thinks it will be an easy season for us 2.should place a big bet on us to gain promotion or win the league. Yes we''re doing fantastic at the moment but you have to bear in mind this could all change. The table can change around fast at the moment as there are a lot of teams level on points - 3. the gap between the playoffs and the drop is still only 10 points[/quote]

1. A wining run does not equate to promotion, often it is just the sequence of clubs they face. It proves nothing.2. I have, as have so many others. Check the current odds they''ll give you an idea of how much has been placed on us.3.That''s because "We have only played just over a quarter of the league so far this season " as you say, so you cannot expect it to be any more at this stage. Check against other seasons.

We''ve not played to the best of our ability in most of the games and we''re top. Easy tbh.Us and Newcastle are miles above the rest. Just have to hope Klose and Cam stay fit.

''We have only played just over a quarter of the league so far this season''

Could easily be....we''ve already played just over a quarter of the league so far this season and without playing particularly well are top of the league. We will go on a run of playing well and think we will smash a few teams during this time. Picking up points when playing poorly is a good sign of finishing high in the league and it took a bizarre end of a match against arguably the strongest side in the league to stop us being 4 points clear at this stage.

On the flip side there will be poor run of form somewhere however we have arguably played through a poor run of form and are still top. With the depth in the squad we have we''re in a much stronger position to ride out a poor run than the majority of other teams in the league.

Signs are good, confidence is good, as long as the players don''t get complacent we should be top 6 easily come end of the season.

we should be top 6 easily come end of the seasonI think you meanwe should be top easily come end of the season.

It''s a catch 22 situation

The top 8 teams in TC would give a gamer any day to the bottom8 teams in TP

Must say wish I was in Norwich to see the next few weeks games