Sign in to follow this  
The young canary

Spineless performance from Neil

It wasn''t exactly a superb performance midweek, to name an unchanged side and exclude Pritchard again...

And where the hell has Canos gone? Is he down the back of the sofa or something?!

AN seems to habitually make consistent laymen-baffling mistakes ... and then so often proves us right.

He has many good qualities but I get the impression that he might a manager who is at his best working on a tight budget with a smallish squad battling against the odds.

Last season he reminded me of a youngster in a sweet shop frantically grabbing at anything that caught his eye, chopping, changing, tinkering and never able to settle upon his favourites.

I think his debut managerial season in the Premier league was poor and exposed inconsistencies that were not evident in his first half season at the helm.

The excuses about inexperience and it being a learning curve no longer hold weight, but the same mistakes seem to be occurring.

The comparison with Adams''s season is frightening and real, but with a better squad, and indeed a better manager, this should not happen.

Interesting that if it does there is no Mad McNally to act decisively whilst Moxey has, against all reputational reports, come over as a bit of a shrinking violet thus far.

Jez Moxey? Who?

One would hope, though, that with all his years of experience in the game he has something up his sleeve should it be absolutely necessary.

I remain happy to give AN the season now, but should we fail to go up, even if it''s by the last kick of the season, I would want different for what might well be our last throw of the dice.

So because I am questioning what you posted I must be drunk?

I am at work and have been for 3 weeks, and frankly gagging for a beer.

So why is today money''s fault, and what do you want him to have up his sleeve?

One of Norwich''s biggest strengths this season over their rivals should theoretically be the depth of the squad Alex Neil has available to him.

What is therefore very confusing is his reluctance to use a lot of these squad members when it is obvious certain players need to be rested and rotated.

It has been said since Rotherham that Jacob Murphy has looked jaded and needs to be taken out of team for a while. However, he played on Tuesday and today despite Josh Murphy, Canos and Pritchard all being viable alternatives to him on the right side.

Likewise, Hoolahan, despite his protestations to the contrary, has shown that playing 3 games in a week is going to be very difficult for him at 34 years old. Yet Neil decided to persist with him anyway despite having Naismith, Pritchard or even Oliviera (if we wanted to play with 2 strikers instead) available for selection today.

If you aren''t prepared to utilise these players despite having spent a combined total of around £23 million on them then it does raise serious questions about Neil''s tactical awareness, his transfer acumen or indeed both.

I like Neil and still think he is the man to take the club forward, but he''s got to start learning and very quickly indeed - particularly where utilising the squad is concerned.

If he loses to Brighton next week then Norwich will be 5 points off the pace for automatic promotion and a lot of serious questions will begin to be asked by a lot of people.

Who''s this Money you keep on about?

As for Moxey.

If Alex Neil''s season comes off the rails, as happened with Neil Adam, then perhaps a replacement will be needed.

"Money" will need to sort that out as McNally once did.

Get it?

Obvious really.

"So you want moxey to sack Alex Neil, is what you are saying?"

You remember when you were at school?

How did you used to do at comprehension?

Just interested. You don''t need to answer.

Right. So you''re being a dick now, and you''ll get all butt hurt if I return in kind?

You contradict yourself in your post, saying you want Neil to stay for the season, but also hoping moxey, who has been a shrinking violet so far, based on what I don''t know, should sack him.

My query about your comprehension skills has just been resolved in full.

Not that I was really interested, just being polite, but ESN springs to mind.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]My query about your comprehension skills has just been resolved in full.

Not that I was really interested, just being polite, but ESN springs to mind.[/quote]

👍

BroadstairsR wrote the following post at 22/10/2016 11:12 PM:

My query about your comprehension skills has just been resolved in full.

Not that I was really interested, just being polite, but ESN springs to mind.

😀

That''s real classy broady, branding someone " special needs" because they question your opinion.

Well played indeed.

And Vanwank/ le juge, same old, same old, like the snide, weasly kid who no one likes, circling around shouting " fight".

The impression I got from Broadstairs'' post is that he is happy for us to stick with AN whilst we are competing for the autos, but if the season were to go sour he would want Moxey to not be hesitant in making a decision.

Adams rafted out once we fell out of top 6 same should be AN''s fate. I expect after Leeds just to clarify clearly hope this doesn''t confuse anyone.

Lanbert to return in case you''re interested.

Lambert did exceptionally well, but I can''t see any future in a game based on crosses.The board needs to instruct Neil & Irvine to raise the standard of football. If the quality doesn''t go up then we''ll never recover.

"The impression I got from Broadstairs'' post is that he is happy for us to stick with AN whilst we are competing for the autos, but if the season were to go sour he would want Moxey to not be hesitant in making a decision."

More or less in as much as slipping out of the play-off places would constitute a coming off of the rails and be reminiscent of the demise under Adams.

I also stated that I did not think it would happen under Neil as I see him as being a better manager that Adams and also see the squad as being better equipped now than then.

As I see it we have two chances to get up there before Championship mediocrity becomes a threat and a promotion gets harder without the aid of the parachute money. Debt would threaten.

The right man is quite obviously crucial in the immediate sense. We cannot, at this particular time, engage with the five year plan stuff of old.

The mention of Moxey is clearly valid in this context. We could all probably guess McNally''s reaction to a serious slump. Not JM''s and he has been quite quiet up ''til now.

P.S. Morty. Perhaps using ESN was a bit strong, although it doesn''t mean ''special needs'' either.

Morty Boradstairs'' original post made perfect sense and didn''t contradict. You''ve just had a mare tonight

In fact, Broadstairs is one of the few logical, well-written posters on here

With a lot of fans it seems that almost everything wrong is the manager''s fault, as if he''s running the show all by himself.I wrote on another thread this morning about a couple of problems which are more the fault of the board which need tackling, fitness and playing style. Other examples the board ought to be examining are scouting and recruitment, particularly at the non-UK level.There''s a similar problem when it comes to blaming players, but I feel we ought to be looking to the board to fix some of the longstanding general management/strategy issues before we talk about sacking Alex Neil.If things aren''t functioning properly at board-level, then we''re not going to be firing on all cylinders regardless of who''s manager.