Sign in to follow this  
The Great Drinkell

Not an excuse or reason but

I have just seen watched the highlights from Saturday, and the free kick at the end of the game ( when Cameron got bought down) at the time the wall didn''t look anywhere near the 10 yards and looking again the ball is about 2 yards outside the box (18 yards from goal) yet the wall is in front of the penalty spot (12 yards from the goal) I saw Wes pace it out and speak to the ref at the time ... so why we didn''t we insist on the wall going back before taking it?

It''s at about 4.20 on this linkhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLpaMAIakk8

This was something duly noted by those of us in the blankets who could see it very clearly. 
They did complain but the ref had his spray so complaining is futile. It would just eat up more time and probably result in yellow cards.
I had a similar experience with a butcher who''d invested in one of those UV pens to detect forged notes. My fiver had obviously been through the washing machine but the butchers pen said it was fake. Arguing was futile. His pen had to be right and the longer I stayed the more people in the shop thought I was a crook. In the end I took the note to a bank across the road and they changed it for me. Went back to pay for the meat saying what I had done. Butcher: "a likely story! My pen can''t be wrong".

It was funny because it wasn''t even like it was close to 10 yards, obvious by the fact it''s an 18 yard box and they''re in front of the f*cking penalty spot!

The wall was too close, but being that close, the goalkeeper would have been totally unsighted about the free kick, so if Pritchard could have bent it around the wall and got it on target, it would have been odds on a goal.  As it was he hit it straight into the wall - and the wall wasn''t so close that he couldn''t have bent it around them.