Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Leeds v Norwich predictions

Have no idea what sort of team Alex will put out but at a guess - Ruddy, Whittaker, Martin, Bassong, Brady, Thompson, Dorrans, Josh Murphy, Naismith, Pritchard, Oliveira.

Fingers crossed a win for us, 1-2 (Naismith, Oliveira)

[quote user="morty"]Also a very good chance for fringe players to stake a claim for a first team spot.[/quote]

This is what I''m hoping mate, I think some of those around the first 11 are showing signs of needing shaking up 👍

They way Leeds have picked up can''t see anything other than a 3-1 loss.

Pretty sure we will see the likes of Whitts, Turner etc as the others have all come off three games in 7 days.

2-0 down Bassong gives penalty away by ripping shorts off striker then scores own goal.

AN Includes Bassong for Brighton game

I think a win for Leeds and that its important more of the previous cup team play. Bassong, Whittaker etc. We should be up for it, however I just have this feeling from recent results that Leeds will get it. Really Hope Im wrong,

Is there ever such a thing as a bad cup run for us supporters?

Manager''s, with a wary eye of the next league game and the possibility of injuries might think differently though.

Mixed feelings about this. Would love a win as long as it could be assured that prolonging the involvement in this tournament would not infringe upon our aspirations in the league.

Same ''cup team'' for me. We have the squad use it, especially as we are now getting into the more financially lucrative waters of this competition and all those fat wage packets need justifying.

Lol, that will ever happen Lakey. Not even if he scores 4.

I predict a high scoring game and a red card of two. Going to penalties.

Tough one to predict, partly because it''s not easy to second guess how strong a team Leeds will put out.

I''ve got a feeling we will win it. The team that played at Everton were really up for it so I''m hoping for more of the same. Like others I''d like to see Canos play well.

AN''s comments today have left us probably none the wiser regarding team selection, sounds like he''s taking it quite seriously so god knows what the line up will look like?! Could be interesting...

Who are the Leeds dangermen then folks?, I know nothing about their squad in all honesty!

Don''t think Whittaker will play, he''s in training following recovery from stomach surgery so might not be ready for a match.

Hopefully AN has a change in formation and approach in mind if we get sussed out or our current gameplan continues to churn out poor performances. This would be a good game to test it with a mostly full strength team while leaving out Klose, Tettey, Hoolahan and Jerome for a much needed breather

If we don''t lose by at least 3-0 we''re disrespecting big clubs and should forfeit by default.

Also, how the hell are we supposed to sack AN if we go and do something as bloody stupid as win?!

With one point from the "relatively" easy last six points available, with being pushed out of the automatics because other results have gone against us, with continued defensive frailties unresolved a with bits of bad news on the injury front, a result tonight becomes more important as a need to steady the ship and restore confidence.

Nothing like the hint of a good cup run to raise the spirits of the Club.

If that ''eleven'' were capable of getting that result at Everton then they should be more than equal to the task at Leeds.

Sideline some of the regulars for safety''s sake and hope that the irregulars again rise to the occasion.

A win tonight and a point on Saturday would set the whole bandwagon up for a decent little run in to the festive season and beyond when stock can be taken and necessary improvements made.

This might just be the time to try three at the back, as I''d rather see the full-backs get a rest. Just putting it out there, but as our chances of reaching Wembley are pretty slim, I''d rather ensure we''re fighting fit for Saturday (especially seeing as Brighton don''t have a game midweek).----------------Jones---------------------Bennett Turner Bassong-----Josh Thompson Godfrey Canos--------------Pritchard------------------------Lafferty Oliveira---------

[quote user="Feedthewolf"]This might just be the time to try three at the back, as I''d rather see the full-backs get a rest. Just putting it out there, but as our chances of reaching Wembley are pretty slim, I''d rather ensure we''re fighting fit for Saturday (especially seeing as Brighton don''t have a game midweek).----------------Jones---------------------Bennett Turner Bassong-----Josh Thompson Godfrey Canos--------------Pritchard------------------------Lafferty Oliveira---------[/quote]

Will be interesting to see how AN plays this.  Naismith may play rather than Lafferty and this is where Maddison would have been so useful as Pritchard will probably be needed for Saturday.   If we play a back four, it means two of Olsson, Brady, Whittaker or Martin will need to play which would not be ideal, so a back three is a good solution.  But then that puts more onus on Josh and Canos (who I''d swap round btw) to defend. Good match in prospect - and leeds will be strong.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]With one point from the "relatively" easy last six points available, with being pushed out of the automatics because other results have gone against us, with continued defensive frailties unresolved a with bits of bad news on the injury front, a result tonight becomes more important as a need to steady the ship and restore confidence.

Nothing like the hint of a good cup run to raise the spirits of the Club.

If that ''eleven'' were capable of getting that result at Everton then they should be more than equal to the task at Leeds.

Sideline some of the regulars for safety''s sake and hope that the irregulars again rise to the occasion.

A win tonight and a point on Saturday would set the whole bandwagon up for a decent little run in to the festive season and beyond when stock can be taken and necessary improvements made.[/quote]

Not to mention the little matter of playing Brighton away this Saturday, a team now one point above us in the table with a third of the season gone and managed by Chrissie Houghton ( a very very nice man) , a previously sacked Norwich manager. I hope we win tonight and of course away at Brighton but if we lose both ..... I fear that Alex Neil will be on the edge of a very slippery slope.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Feedthewolf"]This might just be the time to try three at the back, as I''d rather see the full-backs get a rest. Just putting it out there, but as our chances of reaching Wembley are pretty slim, I''d rather ensure we''re fighting fit for Saturday (especially seeing as Brighton don''t have a game midweek).----------------Jones---------------------Bennett Turner Bassong-----Josh Thompson Godfrey Canos--------------Pritchard------------------------Lafferty Oliveira---------[/quote]

Will be interesting to see how AN plays this.  Naismith may play rather than Lafferty and this is where Maddison would have been so useful as Pritchard will probably be needed for Saturday.   If we play a back four, it means two of Olsson, Brady, Whittaker or Martin will need to play which would not be ideal, so a back three is a good solution.  But then that puts more onus on Josh and Canos (who I''d swap round btw) to defend. Good match in prospect - and leeds will be strong.

[/quote]Oops, totally overlooked Naismith - I''d definitely have him in there ahead of Lafferty. I think Josh and Canos are both right-footed, aren''t they? Not sure if either has more experience than the other of playing on the left, but they could probably interchange depending on how the match is going and who they''re up against. From the little I''ve seen of Canos he looks more physical and defensively astute than Josh, so we might be more vulnerable down Josh''s side.

[quote user="Alex "]AN''s comments today have left us probably none the wiser regarding team selection, sounds like he''s taking it quite seriously so god knows what the line up will look like?! Could be interesting... Who are the Leeds dangermen then folks?, I know nothing about their squad in all honesty![/quote]

Sounds like no one else has any idea who the Leeds dangermen are Alex !  But quite a few still think they''ll beat us.

Just setting off for the game now.  It reminds me of that saying "it depends which Norwich team turn up".  Except in this case it''s literally true...

I''m really hoping to see some of the quality players who are trying to break into our first team.  Obviously there are players we need to rest like Wes (hopefully on the bench) and Klose.  If Whittaker is out, I''d be happy with Martin at RB. 

We should still have a good enough team to win this - fingers crossed.