Sign in to follow this  
moore17

Brighton Away Pubs

No pubs around the ground which is one of those out of town soulless places. Either drink in the centre of Brighton and get a train which is free with your match ticket or park near the ground and drink inside. Great Fanzone last time we went there with Northern soul and Motown being played after the game with a good buzz and rival fans mixing with no problems.

Last time I was there I had my two kids with me, 15 and 17 at the time, and they refused them entry to the pubs in the town centre.

Bit backwards frankly.

[quote user="morty"]Last time I was there I had my two kids with me, 15 and 17 at the time, and they refused them entry to the pubs in the town centre.

Bit backwards frankly.[/quote]To be fair the lifestyle in Brighton makes it an over-18''s kinda place so I''m not surprised they''re a bit iffy about letting kids into pubs. I''m sure at 15 and 17 yours are unlikely to faint at anything they see inside but parents with younger children might find their off-spring asking rather awkward questions. [:^)]

They were just normal pubs mate. I travel all over the country to matches with my kids and Brighton is the only place this has happened.

[quote user="The young canary"]I am planning this spend the weekend down there getting absolutely wan@@red[/quote]

Will make a change from you having to do it yourself, I suppose.

[quote user="morty"]They were just normal pubs mate. I travel all over the country to matches with my kids and Brighton is the only place this has happened.[/quote]I tend to avoid the '' Village People '' type of dungeons too but I have noticed that not many pubs in Brighton seem to have families inside. Brighton is a vibrant place but it does seem to be geared to adults ( of all persuasions.)I expect Harvester type of places on the outskirts will be different but it is a bit of a pain for people with kids looking for something central.

[quote user="morty"]Last time I was there I had my two kids with me, 15 and 17 at the time, and they refused them entry to the pubs in the town centre.

Bit backwards frankly.[/quote]

they refused them entry for being backwards ?

That is a disgrace Morty