Sign in to follow this  
sgncfc

When did Norwich fans become so arrogant?

This nonsensical sense of entitlement seems to pervade every part of Carrow Road now. When we don''t win, people boo. When we do win, but not by 3 or 4, people moan. Even when we win comfortably, we haven''t played very well.

I don''t think anyone understands the word "support" anymore. Apparently we just turn up to watch the team in yellow shirts win a game of football and are happy to call them all names when they misplace a pass. Because obviously they meant to do that.

When I played football (long time ago, mind) if I had a team mate who was having a tough game, I would encourage him and keep saying how unlucky he was. I didn''t call him names or question his ability. Do you think that Tettey doesn''t realise he was pants yesterday? Is it more likely that he will improve his game with a bit of positive support or should we just keep calling him names when his 4 yard pass goes to the opposition or he fails to run with his designated man at a corner?

What we need on the pitch is leadership. And what we need off the pitch is support, like we had in the Champs season under Lambert - the last time the Norwich crowd were actually supporting the team. The seasons since then have been dreadful.

The Norwich crowd are no longer Delia''s best supporters in the land. They are appalling. No noise, no support and a stupidly unrealistic expectation every time that somehow we have assembled a squad of world class footballers who will just turn up and thrash the opposition.

Get real, and start supporting the team.

What a load of balls.

We expect to do well in this division because we have one of the best squads in the division. Of the XI players out there on Saturday I''d wager outside of Newcastle most of them would walk into any team in the division.

Is the support a bit flat at times? Yeah probably.

Do I think highly made professionals like Tettey are all upset that someone has said he was shit on a message board? Not a chance.

Oh and the team got loads of support in the Prem under Lambert, the first season under Hughton and the promotion season in the Championship.

You''re talking shite.

I think he makes a reasonable point. Not bothered about this board because it was always thus and is funny. But fans in the stadium and after games are really quick to moan. Not just after defeats but also after wins if they''re not deemed convincing enough. The two games we didn''t win saw the players booed off. I wouldn''t be surprised to hear booing after a win this season. 

Funny how many fans on this board moan about those in the ground, tell you what, next time anyone starts to moan there put them right, when the atmosphere is flat, stand up and start singing, but coming on here like you do to moan about the moaners and atmosphere is as bad as anything on here.

If you go to the games then make a difference if you''re not happy with your fellow yellows instead of bitching bout them on here.

@Nutty

I''ll be amazed if anyone boos after a win this season.

The reason fans booed yesterday and booed against Wednesday was because the performances were really poor. I don''t think I''m alone in thinking we''ve yet to really look convincing this season so it''s not like we can see performances like yesterday as exceptions or an ''off day.'' It''s been coming.

I totally agree. Contrast it to the visit to Newcastle: We were 2-0 up at half time, but was the Toon Army booing them at half time? No, they were booing the referee. This was at a point when they were quite a few points behind the automatic promotion places.

Yesterday was a narrow defeat against a team that is playing well: Preston took Huddersfield''s scalp this week as well. Yes, the goal was the result of a piece of very poor marking.

That said, even after this loss, we''re one point off of the auto slots and, as all of the critics were saying until we hit a bump in the road, it''s still too early in the season to judge.

The attitude of some fans is contemptible in my opinion.

Some of our fans have become so self entitled and expectant that they expect us to win every game and cry like little babies when we don''t. The atmosphere at Carrow Road is appalling because large parts of our support expect nothing but an easy win each week. Even when we were top of the league there were still people desperately trying to find something to moan about. There are some brilliant Norwich fans don''t get me wrong, but the rise of social media etc has heightened the moany ones.

[quote user="Indy"]Funny how many fans on this board moan about those in the ground, tell you what, next time anyone starts to moan there put them right, when the atmosphere is flat, stand up and start singing, but coming on here like you do to moan about the moaners and atmosphere is as bad as anything on here.

If you go to the games then make a difference if you''re not happy with your fellow yellows instead of bitching bout them on here.[/quote]
Indy, You come and sit behind me and boo and we''ll have that conversation. I do talk to other fans in the ground. Not to pick a fight and I make sure it ends in a handshake. Even to the point I asked some guys in Lower Barclay Block E why they were cheering QPR goals. The answer I got was that they didn''t like Worthy. Go figure....

@littleyellow

Can''t tell if your post is serious but if you''re holding up Newcastle as a fan base who get behind their team in times of adversity then I''m not sure you''ve ever watched a Newcastle game...

[quote user="king canary"]@Nutty

I''ll be amazed if anyone boos after a win this season.

The reason fans booed yesterday and booed against Wednesday was because the performances were really poor. I don''t think I''m alone in thinking we''ve yet to really look convincing this season so it''s not like we can see performances like yesterday as exceptions or an ''off day.'' It''s been coming.[/quote]
Yesterday was poor. I didn''t think Wednesday was poor. If this is the standard then Carrow Road is going to be a cauldron of negativity this season.

It''s not just Norwich fans, it''s an general attitude that''s spread right across football.

Long gone are the days when football was "just a game". It has become a multi-million pound business which has left fans being treated as customers rather than supporters.

You pay mega money to watch your team play, you get ripped off to park your car, and you get completely fleeced to have a beer. All this to watch a bunch players earning money that most of us could only dream of.

IMO as "customers" people now expect, rather than hope to see a good performance.

But are we in the wrong for expecting a performance/commitment from players earning thousands of pounds? After all we''re having to pay thousands of pounds to watch them perform....

I''m not a customer Stan. I really don''t feel that. I guess if you want to feel like a customer you can. Each to their own.

@STAN

Think that is a good point. Football has changed and fans are now seen as ''customers'' by the club. Til made a point a couple of weeks ago about the prices to watch us play Leeds and was met with quite a few ''well if people will pay it the club is right to charge it.'' However does the high prices lead to less atmosphere?

You might not feel it Nigel but I can guarantee the club view you as a customer.

Who? By every single person that Norwich employs to run NCFC as a business Nigel.

When they decided to increase county halls car parking to £8 this season, were they thinking of us fans? or were they trying to take advantage of their customers?

Well yopu can''t speak for me and I''m not treated that way. I guess all these examples, ticket prices, car parks, cold pies, price of beer, defensive football, attacking football, etc, etc, etc,.....
If those are the only things you contact people at the club about then you are behaving like a customer....

Nothing''s changed.

Under Lambert in the championship didn''t we lose to Preston at home (with Wes chipping a pen straight into the goalkeeper''s arms)?

There was booing then.

And that was a team which at the start of the season we were not expecting promotion.

I was just offering my views on the OP, the sense of entitlement football fans seem to have these days and how money is ruining the game.

I can''t remember saying I contact the club regarding cold sausage rolls?

Money has ruined the game.

We are customers and have the right to express our opinion about the entertainment. I cant say the football in the first half was entertaining and am I expected to sit there and clap like a seal regardless of whats presented to me?

Sorry Stan, I type the way I talk. I didn''t mean you did. Is there such a thing as the royal you?

Donkey seems to have a tangible grip on this. He understands he''s a customer so would probably expect to be treated so.

I''m intrigued why you feel you''re treated like a customer Stan?

One of the things I notice now is that people like to be supporters when we win and customers when we lose. ..

I never boo my team, and have been following NCFC since the days of Ron Saunders as manager so I am old enough to know we are basically a second tier team that has flirtations with the top tier, that said I have slowly come to the opinion that Alex Neil is not the man to lead us to the Premiership, I do not buy the "learning" tag anymore, he has had plenty of time to learn, my personal opinion is that he has a good squad at his disposal but he appears unable to get the best out f that squad. Take that how you will......