Sign in to follow this  
Chesney Hawkes

Bouncebackability

It''s time we demonstrated some bouncebackability with a win down on the south coast. When AN took over we scored a 1-0 win against Bournemouth and a similar performance and result would be most welcome. Though maybe we keep 11 on the pitch this time.

McGovern

Pinto Martin Klose Olsson

Tettey Dorrans

Pritchard Wes Brady

CamJam

I see the Brighton game as being the most important season defining game that we have had so far.

It''s as easy ti say that as it is to say that the next game is ''must win,'' I suppose, but there are other factors:

Brighton are proving themselves to be our most serious challengers apart from Newcastle in the race for an automatic promotion place.

We have the hint of a bad run building.

We have recent history of hitting the top and then slipping.

Confidence in the manager is eroding at a pace.

The defence will be tested/exposed to the extreme.

Get a win Alex and all will be forgiven ..... until the next capitulation.

Very tricky game, probably best squad outside of the 3 teams that came down from the prem.

Dunk & Duffy a very good defensive pairing. Stockdale always plays well against us. Hughton very good at organising a side. Can''t see us breaking them down.

One of the toughest away days all season (following up from Newcastle) and arguably couldn''t have come at a worse time ...or maybe we should say, a better time.

I am still wanting Neil to turn things around. Yet he needs to drop the failing performers, Brady in particular. He has been very poor. And I would have Thompson in for Tettey and I''m a big fan of the latter but he had been in mediocre / poor form.

McGovern, Martin, Bennett, Klose, Olsson, Thompson, Murphy, Dorrans, Hoolahan, Pritchard, Jerome. Or Oliveira for Wes.

Will AN play Pritchard and Thompson on Saturday? I very much doubt it as he doesn''t want to take a chance on them playing well. I would definitely play Pritchard but AN may decide that the reception he will get from the home fans could well affect him and his performance.

Thompson is big enough and ugly enough to deserve a start. Apart from that he''s a very good footballer.😀

Thompson looked good yesterday and probably deserves a start.

I''m not as big a fan of Pritchard as others on here. For me he hasn''t learnt when to hold the ball or play it to someone else and when to try and beat his man. It resulted in us losing possession and being countered far too often. Hoolahan often accused of the same but I think Pritchard conceded possession more times yesterday than Wes'' has all season.

Move Klose wrote:

''''Lets face it the team will be:

McGovern

Pinto Klose Martin Olsson

Tettey Dorrans

Murphy Hoolahan Brady

Jerome ''''

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Maybe this but Pritchard in for Murphy/Brady?

Can''t see Thompson starting after playing the full whack on Tuesday.

Funny that, for all the strength-in-depth, there really doesn''t appear to be many options for this fixture..

Easily the biggest game of the season for me IMO. As Broadstairs touched upon, a loss would see us fall away from the top 2-3 and would give the Neil-outers some more ammunition. Worrying to think that a bad loss could literally be the derailment of our season..

Right now I''d be more than happy with a draw and a win would be immense!

I just have a terrible feeling we''ll lose this one by a single goal.

Is this game season defining whatever the result. Sort of like win = promotion, draw = playoffs, lose = mid table or worse?

Just to be a pedant we beat Bournemouth 1-2 in AN first game (sort of)!😆