Sign in to follow this  
The Great Drinkell

We need a Bradley Johnson type character

I''ve got to admit I was never Bradley biggest fan -but we desperately need a man of his stature at this moment, a player who will get the crowd going by winning a 40/60 tackle in midfield and show a little bite & fight. I watched last night when we needed a foot in to put Leeds off their stride there as nobody. we have plenty of players but they all seem a little bit the same type, where''s our man of steel?

We had a Bradley Johnson when we were relegated in 14/15.

We had a Bradley Johnson when we were languishing below the play-offs in Neil Adams'' tenure.

He had a brilliant 14/15 season, but I think that was the exception rather than the rule.

We are in desperate need of a few leaders on the pitch, but don''t think Bradley Johnson was particularly one, but I see where you''re coming from.

Bradders would be better than nothing and, as I put before, can''t we swap him for Mulumbu?

We need a character.

A Duncan Forbes, a Malky, a Grantzilla.

Actually, I cannot single one out of our best ever performances under Mike Walker, but we still need one now.

Our captains, Ryan Bennett, last night, and Jonny Howson, this season, are hardly in that category.

Neither is Russ.

I suggest Joey Barton he is certainly a fiery character and may be available soon. Would we welcome JB somehow I doubt it. Also doubt JB would put with some of our no hopers e.g. Naismith etc.

Therin lays the problem. Alex Neil told bassong he would crush his balls he is a very strong single minded character who would probably clash with strong minded players like Johnson holt and malky of the past. We need those leaders on the pitch and a manager who can manage those personalities