How many duff strikers have we had

Seems we have a talent for signing duff strikers,

The wolf

Hooper

Becchio

Grabben

Lafferty

Morrison

There must be lots more ,but how many good strikers are there out there seems to be less than a few years ago

Where to start with this one?Most of these players had seen success with previous teams, or even were actually not "duff" at all when they played for us...If you really do want to pursue this, the question would be better phrased as "why don''t strikers tend to score many goals when playing for us?" And then I''d take Morison (one "r") and Grabban (again, note spelling) off the list.

We tried to sign Damien Duff. He wasn''t a duff striker, he was a winger called Duff.One of the funniest comments at a match, we were playing Chelsea and Damien thought he was fouled, he was livid and let the Ref know, for his sins he was booked. My brother turned to me and said "He duff protest too much".

Sorry about poor spelling,they have not done well at their new clubs,morison is doing ok ,Hooper scored on Sat but he has been struggling.guess you are right they don''t get the right service from the team .

The wolf - Game wasn''t suited to the PL. He isn''t the first & certainly won''t be the last big name striker to fail in this country

Hooper - Seems that his style wasn''t suited to any of the manager we had

Becchio - Strange signing, had a good history in the Champs but barely kicked a ball for us

Grabben - Harsh, was great in the Champs but clearly not a PL striker. His tantrum didn''t help, but cant argue with the 8mil we got for him

Lafferty - complete enigma, needs babysitting. Should have shipped out in the summer

Morrison - Harsh again, didn''t he have a pretty good season under Lambert in the Prem? Especially considering that he had never played at that level?

Here are a few that spring to mind.Zema Abbey, Ian Henderson, Robert Rosario, Goran Maric, Carl Cort, Ade Akinbiyi, Alan Gow, Chris Brown, Mike Sheron, Ryan Jarvis, Elvis Hammond, Cody McDonald, Adrian Coote, Oli Johnson, Maceo Rigters, Drewe Broughton, Darren Beckford, Chris Killen, Peter Thorne and Wayne Biggings.I''m sure the list goes on, but my memory only goes back to the 1980''s. However, I''m pretty sure that almost every club, in every league, in every country can find you a list of strikers as long as this that didn''t score enough goals for them though.

Bit harsh on some in that list and as has already been said, every club will have heaps of strikers that for whatever reason didn''t work out.

On the flipside how many great strikers have we had too...Iwan, Flecky, Sutton, Ashton, Earnshaw etc etc......

I find it crazy you''ve included Hooper and Grabben - they successfully got us promoted and the latter made a tidy profit too in a short period. I certainly wouldn''t call them duff!

RVW needs nothing said, Becchio and Lafferty are certainly strange acquisitions at the time but were probably never more than decent back-up anyway.

As for Morrison, I can only assume you mean Steve Morison, who scored 10 goals in 37 games for us in his first season. Whilst yes, that wasn''t a great return, he wasn''t "duff" in my eyes

[quote user="Shannock Bob"]Bit harsh on some in that list and as has already been said, every club will have heaps of strikers that for whatever reason didn''t work out.

On the flipside how many great strikers have we had too...Iwan, Flecky, Sutton, Ashton, Earnshaw etc etc......[/quote]I can sympathise to a point with what you''re saying about being a bit harsh. Rosario for example played 100+ games for us, most in the top flight, but he only scored 25 odd goals. 1 in 4 is hardly prolific especially when you factor in how much time he spent falling over for such a big lad. The same goes for all on that list, none were prolific or scored those really important goals, and that''s what strikers are paid to do.As for the flip side.Since the 1980''s we''ve had Mick Channon, Joe Royle, John Deehan, Kevin Drinkle, Mark Robins, Robert Fleck, Efan Ekoku, Chris Sutton, Mattias Svensson, Grant Holt, Leon McKenzie, Robert Earnshaw, Dean Ashton, Iwan Roberts, Craig Bellamy, Ashley Ward, Simeon Jackson and I''d even throw in Cameron Jerome, Chris Martin and possibly Jamie Cureton (just for the green hair). Then of course you''ve got g.o.a.t. club legends like Ted MacDougal, Ken Foggo, Ron Ashman, Ron Davies, Jimmy Hill, Jack Vinall, Ralph Hunt, Terry Allcock and Johnny Gavin.So plenty of good mixed in with the bad, which is pretty much the story of a Norwich City fan''s existence.

I remember standing in the Barclay with my cousin who was down here on holiday Glasgow rangers fan through and through home and away season ticket holder etc

i remember saying before the match how terrible

Robert Rosario was and he never scored etc

yep that was the game he scored goal of the season my cousin went back talking like he saw Messi playing for Norwich i am surprised Rangers didn''t sign him he spoke about him so much !!!

But we do score under AN, norfolkngood...

So do our strikers...

i was talking top league hog sorry i didn''t point that out

our striker scored 6 ? last season

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]

Hooper - Seems that his style wasn''t suited to any of the manager we had

[/quote]

Nope. His game isn''t suited to anything but 8th division or lower English football. Has ABSOLUTELY 0 to do with the managers or style of play.

[quote user="AJ"]I find it crazy you''ve included Hooper and Grabben - they successfully got us promoted and the latter made a tidy profit too in a short period. I certainly wouldn''t call them duff!

RVW needs nothing said, Becchio and Lafferty are certainly strange acquisitions at the time but were probably never more than decent back-up anyway.

As for Morrison, I can only assume you mean Steve Morison, who scored 10 goals in 37 games for us in his first season. Whilst yes, that wasn''t a great return, he wasn''t "duff" in my eyes[/quote]

I certainly wouldn''t call you intelligent.

the fact that people don''t realize he''s an incredibly mediocre to just plain poor striker at this level. The fact that he provides nothing on the field. The excuses people make for him not being good at futbol. Simply that.

The idea that he''ll score "bags of goals" at this level, the idea that he doesn''t start 80% of the time he plays. The fact we paid 5+mill pounds and a humongously inflated salary. However sure, yeah it''s solely personal. JFC.

Hahahaha, nothing for weeks, then someone mentions Hooper and jaemae leaps out of the shadows... the second-most niche poster on the board behind Paul and his inexplicable love of a minute''s silence.