Sign in to follow this  
iron_stan

deensive coach

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I like the way we play so I guess the question is do we hold our nerve or tear it up and start again? After all for the time being the questions seem to be about whether our current form can carry on more than about it not working...
[/quote]I guess you''d settle for being Arsenal then nutty? I mean, they play skilful, attractive, entertaining, attacking football but can regularly be thwarted by well-organised mediocrity (such as ''Boro) or beaten by any side capable of exploiting their over-commitment in attack by scoring via pacy counter thrusts (such as Swansea). As a result of which, the most they can realistically hope for season after season is to win the FA or League Cup. Now if you factor in the different resources and ability to attract good players etc. between ourselves and the Gunners, what you''re really saying is you are happy with the yo-yo existence of our last few seasons?

[quote user="westcoastcanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]I like the way we play so I guess the question is do we hold our nerve or tear it up and start again? After all for the time being the questions seem to be about whether our current form can carry on more than about it not working...
[/quote]I guess you''d settle for being Arsenal then nutty? I mean, they play skilful, attractive, entertaining, attacking football but can regularly be thwarted by well-organised mediocrity (such as ''Boro) or beaten by any side capable of exploiting their over-commitment in attack by scoring via pacy counter thrusts (such as Swansea). As a result of which, the most they can realistically hope for season after season is to win the FA or League Cup. Now if you factor in the different resources and ability to attract good players etc. between ourselves and the Gunners, what you''re really saying is you are happy with the yo-yo existence of our last few seasons?[/quote]
No, I don''t want to be anyone else. But if I was an Arsenal supporter I''d be happy. Wouldn''t you? 
I think folk would enjoy what we have a bit more if they could see themselves in the future looking back on these good old days[;)]

nutty nigel wrote: "I think folk would enjoy what we have a bit more if they could see themselves in the future looking back on these good old days".
Goodness nutty, where do you think we''re headed then? I mean, that''s like telling an inhabitant of death row to enjoy today because .......

[quote user="westcoastcanary"]nutty nigel wrote: "I think folk would enjoy what we have a bit more if they could see themselves in the future looking back on these good old days".
Goodness nutty, where do you think we''re headed then? I mean, that''s like telling an inhabitant of death row to enjoy today because .......
[/quote]

Ahhhh the

good old days….

I was talking to my grandson earlier “You know in the

good old days, you could go to a shops with a penny, and get a loaf of bread,a

dozen eggs, a bottle of corona,and a brand new bike. But  today, you can’t

do that, nope,…………………………………there’s just way to many CCTV cameras.