Sign in to follow this  
The Great Drinkell

PL in the frame for the Wolves job

I see Mr Lambert is being considered by Wolves, the question is who he be the PL that managed us or the PL that managed Blackburn and Villa?

I''m sure some on here will be come Wolves fans if it happens! (and most of them wouldn''t be missed)

Every manager has failed at Villa over the last 4 or 5 years - when that many managers fail its a bit harsh to use it against a manager

Our situation was a lot better than Villas when he took over, Villa were only going to go 1 way regardless of who was manager

As for Blackburn, again it wasn''t exactly Lamberts fault. What exactly was he expected to do there?

Allardyce also apparently linked. Either would represent a significant upgrade in terms of experience. Let''s hope we avoid the months of inaction and dithering which preceded Hughton''s departure.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Allardyce also apparently linked. Either would represent a significant upgrade in terms of experience. Let''s hope we avoid the months of inaction and dithering which preceded Hughton''s departure.[/quote]No. Let''s hope AN carries on with his excellent record in the championship.  Every team has ups and downs in a season - we had an "up" now we''ve had a slight "down"......time for another "up".  Stick wth it - win on Saturday and we will quite likely be back where we should be - in second place.  If you are going to hope anything, hope that we will improve under the present mamager!!

We are less than the sum of the parts and bar the first half at Blackburn and the second half at Forest have been less than convincing all season. Results are catching up with us; time for a change before they run away from us.

I agree Lakey. Unfortunately there are some pink un posters who are hoping Alex Neil fails so they can say "I told you so". Probably the same individuals who are nowhere to be seen when we are doing well, but whining like toddlers straight after every defeat.

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]Every manager has failed at Villa over the last 4 or 5 years - when that many managers fail its a bit harsh to use it against a manager

Our situation was a lot better than Villas when he took over, Villa were only going to go 1 way regardless of who was manager

As for Blackburn, again it wasn''t exactly Lamberts fault. What exactly was he expected to do there?[/quote]

He could always buy all the old favourites from when he had good times and hope it happens again?

HHS. Yes, of course, would hopefully increase our attractiveness, and we could even have an eye on a manager who might also stand a chance of keeping us up in the PL. Such a pity we missed out on Bruce. Can''t see up finishing near the top six under Neil.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Time for some realism before the league runs away from us with the squad following soon thereafter.[/quote]

I would say that we are a million miles from there at the moment. Things can change quickly due to unexpected events but I see no sign of any groundswell of opinion calling for his head while the booing is still very low key. We are in a broadly similar position to the Adams era and although I thought he jumped before being pushed, even he hung on into the new year. In any event we have to much invested in AN to make sacking him an easy decision.My reading is that he will still be here at Xmas but you''d need to be Nostrodamus to see further than that.

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]Every manager has failed at Villa over the last 4 or 5 years - when that many managers fail its a bit harsh to use it against a manager

As for Blackburn, again it wasn''t exactly Lamberts fault. What exactly was he expected to do there?[/quote]If repeated failure by several managers over a shortish period at Villa suggests the managers weren''t the problem, why is AN being blamed for our problems? After all, we''ve only had one fewer managers than Villa in that same period.

[quote user="westcoastcanary"][quote user="Rogue Baboon"]Every manager has failed at Villa over the last 4 or 5 years - when that many managers fail its a bit harsh to use it against a manager

As for Blackburn, again it wasn''t exactly Lamberts fault. What exactly was he expected to do there?[/quote]If repeated failure by several managers over a shortish period at Villa suggests the managers weren''t the problem, why is AN being blamed for our problems? After all, we''ve only had one fewer managers than Villa in that same period.[/quote]

That''s different. Obviously.