Sign in to follow this  
Bradwell canary

Prichard, high praise, then dropped

Hard to understand. Prichard could have not done better, must have thought he had taken his chance very well.

Wonder how he feels. Then even worse he brings on Naismith, after Wes taken off.

This is the huge difference with PL. PL greatest gift was 99% getting his subs right, that won us so many games. Whereas AN subs tend to mystify most of us.

I do wonder whether it might be an attitude thing with Pritchard. Firstly AN called him out a few weeks ago about needing to improve the physical/defensive side of his game (IIRC?), and then to drop him after one start in which he played an instrumental part in a good performance does seem strange.My guess would be that Pritchard may have said something out of turn or not performed at 100% in training, as otherwise his treatment thus far this season does seem a little strange.Another question – can he play from the right at all? Jacob has looked a little tired in the last couple of games, so if he could fill in on the right that may be another option to get him more game time.

Nothing to back this up, pure speculation...

Lack of match fitness? His first league start on Saturday - maybe Neil didn''t want to throw him straight in to a Sat-Tues-Sat-Tues-Sat run of games?

Plus, poor as he was, Brady is more defensively disciplined. However I thought Pritchard would start & Murphy would be rested

Mention was made about the physicality of fulhams style not suiting pritchard so chose brady on left flank, i suspect for better defensive work. Which I can live with. its the same with naismith on for wes - a more physical approach rather than a like for like.

its the price to pay for having a strong squad - someone will miss out. Having got into a winning position I am not sure many would brought pritchard on to shore things up.

Was purely a swuad balance thing

Brady more defensive minded and disciplined when he needs to be

He had a poor game

Hindsight is 20/20

Away from home against a decent Fulham side it did make sense to pack the midfield, and for the first 45 mins you can''t really say it didn''t work.

Brady hasn''t got back on form yet, but he''ll only rediscover it with game time - it was harsh on Pritchard to not start - why change a winning side?

Anyway, onwards and upwards...

Neil needs to be careful.

The last thing we want is Canos and Pritchard becoming disillusioned with life at Carrow road.

Both players are ready to perform at this level week in week out. As proven by there time spent at Brentford. And forget this lightweight tag, both players can mix it.

Two fantastic talents we need for the next few years. IMO, time to rest Muprhy and use him more as an impact player.

Seemed ludicrous to me, but some have managed to encroach the decision in strategies etc. so there must have been some merit thereby.

Pritchard, a player costing in excess of £8m, widely regarded as one of the Championship ''s best performers last season, highly sought after, just up to the mark at last and who, by all accounts, shone out like a beacon on making his starting debut is instantly relegated to the substitute''s bench.

Then, to rub it in, Naismith gets the nod over him during the game, perhaps a decision less justifiable.

I have become used to a slight feeling of apprehension each Saturday at 2pm as there always seems to be some worrying selection to be revealed. I have become use to not expecting much change from substitutes as Alex doesn''t seem to do them very well but remain satisfied in the thought that he''s the man for the job.

A working life in the professional game, a few years in management, seeing the players train all week, evolving his tactical master plans and knowing the players on a personal level, all these factors mean that he is eminently qualified to make the crucial decisions that count on the day, with my own thoughts paling into insignificance by comparison.

The trouble is these changes so very often never seem to work out too well and all I know is the end result.

As a ''ten gamer'' I readily accept now that AN deserves the season due to our more or less exceptional start. Why does he insist upon continuing to give

me these little reasons to harbour those little doubts?

Good post Broadstairs.

I would''ve liked to have seen Pritchard move over to the right at the expense of Jacob, allowing Brady back in too. Believe Pritchard came on over on the right earlier in the season so is adequate in this position. The thought of those 3 as an attacking midfield trio at this level...

Although, what''s happened to Brady? One nice goal aside he''s been pretty much anonymous since the turn of the year. Hopefully see Pritchard return on Saturday.

Agree with this...Pritchard is our biggest ever signing (fact) and it is very odd indeed that he is not playing...though AN has stated that it has been hard for him because of form of the team (which has been v good even if not wholly convincing). He does deserve more starts.

I was annoyed in reading AN''s view that you could not start Wes and Pritchard very often - it is as if one or the other can play except in occasional circumstances. Surely footballers are skilled enough to manage playing positions and tactics? Why not have them both? Don''t understand this logic. Wes has even stated that they click on the pitch and on the training ground. Sounds ideal to me. I agree Broadstairs he deserves the plaudits for a great start but still needs to improve on his decisions.

Pritchard should have started instead of Murphy, on Saturday he was excellent including working really hard and closing down. Importantly, he and Wes clearly were on the same wavelength, it''s about time we let the opposition worry about us rather than worrying too much about them.

Brady has been pants since the summer, nowhere near the class of last year.

I''m hoping it was just a fitness thing and Pritchard will be back in for Saturday.

KC, think I read Pritchard''s fee is nearing £9m and that makes him more expensive than Klose/Ricky. Just odd that he has been played less, yet guess he had that injury which influenced those first 7/8 games? Hopefully we see more if him. I do like ti see the Murphy''s do well but equally this lad looks another class to me.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Neil needs to be careful.

The last thing we want is Canos and Pritchard becoming disillusioned with life at Carrow road.

Both players are ready to perform at this level week in week out. As proven by there time spent at Brentford. And forget this lightweight tag, both players can mix it.

Two fantastic talents we need for the next few years. IMO, time to rest Muprhy and use him more as an impact player.[/quote]Tricky balancing act to be had with the Murphys as well though: They''re definitely talents we want to hold onto and new contracts haven''t been agreed yet.

But Murphys are up and coming talents and need balance by the number of games they play. They''ll tire and possibly have form dip, so need to nurture them.

On other hand we bought Pritchard and Canos as, imo, players who would and could step in and perform straight away.

The teams been performing really well, but its still a great disappointment we haven''t seen more of either. Thing is in Champs its a very long season.

Would like to give Pritch and Canos a run now and give Murphys a rest, just so they can come back on fire again.

I would not blame Pritchard if he is a little miffed.

He has been told by his manager that he had to bide his time getting into the team because those already in the team were playing well. He then gets a chance, plays really well himself and is left out for the next game.

We need to be bold and play Wes and Pritchard together more often.

If your telling players they have to bide their time for a chance, you also have to back your words up by not dropping them when they perform once they get that chance. Otherwise it must come across as telling them aload of bull to shut them up. In general I like AN, but this is one thing that does annoys me.

Unfortunately all managers like fans have their players who will be in their minds, you have to remember they interact with them on a daily bases.

For me Naismith & Brady have been poor this year and we have ready made players who should be in front of them. There will be those who argue about their defensive abilities, but we can''t stop bleeding goals so why not play ourform players like Pritchard & the Murphy twins more?

[quote user="Indy"]Unfortunately all managers like fans have their players who will be in their minds, you have to remember they interact with them on a daily bases.

For me Naismith & Brady have been poor this year and we have ready made players who should be in front of them. There will be those who argue about their defensive abilities, but we can''t stop bleeding goals so why not play ourform players like Pritchard & the Murphy twins more?[/quote]Jacob has spent a lot more time on the pitch than Naismith, hasn''t he?

Yep and look at the result! His brother should be on the other wing and Pritchard should be first to replace a tiring Wes at present, if you go by form. Just my thoughts.

Agree regarding Pritchard/Wes. However, I think both Murphys would leave us too vulnerable on the flanks. I know Brady looked poor the other night, but he''s definitely a Premier League quality player in essence,with more defensive nous and strength. The Murphys still have a lot to learn, and should be used in moderation to continue their learning curve. If anything, I think that Jacob could use a bit of a rest.

I can''t agree, it''s not like the Murphy boys are 19, they are both 21 soon to be 22, not young really.

For me they pose more threat and cause opposing teams to defend deeper as they both have pace and skill.

Brady has been really poor, shame as he''s one of my favourite players,

I would have both Murphy boys starting this Saturday along with Pritchard, drop Brady & rest Wes, he''s been superb, bring Wes on if needed.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"]I do wonder whether it might be an attitude thing with Pritchard. Firstly AN called him out a few weeks ago about needing to improve the physical/defensive side of his game (IIRC?), and then to drop him after one start in which he played an instrumental part in a good performance does seem strange.My guess would be that Pritchard may have said something out of turn or not performed at 100% in training, as otherwise his treatment thus far this season does seem a little strange.Another question – can he play from the right at all? Jacob has looked a little tired in the last couple of games, so if he could fill in on the right that may be another option to get him more game time.[/quote]Call him out of where ?was in hiding, or the dressing room pwerhapsmaybe under the stairs

I''m still not hugely convinced by the recent hype surrounding the Murphys, if I''m honest. Prior to this season, very few people were touting them as stars in the making; they clearly both impressed on their loan spells last year, but this season was very much a ''last-chance saloon'' for them as far as becoming first-team regulars at NCFC was concerned.They''ve both shown plenty of flashes of brilliance in their time on the pitch this season, enough for me to believe they could cut it at Premier League level, as impact players at least. But the jury is still out, and even though ''they''re two of our own'', we have a huge array of attacking talent and shouldn''t favour them simply because they came through our academy. Getting them to sign long-term contracts is extremely important, though - whatever happens, they should remain part of the squad.I''ve put my tin hat on... [:)]

Yep indeed, they have both shown that they have developed into quality players, if they were consistent in form in most games then they wouldn''t be wearing the yellow shirts very long.....

Totally agree we have a wealth of talent on paper and that should push performances upwards as competition is what should drive results.

So for me you play those on form, if it dips or they get knackered as will happen then the next player should get the shirt. But that''s not happened with Brady, he''s been at best OK to poor, not having a dig but just an observation.

Good place to be......

I don''t disagree with your assessment of Brady, but by the same token I''d say that Jacob''s form has also dipped. I''d be toying with the idea of playing Josh, Pritchard and Wes on Saturday.Oh, here''s a thought... Matt Jarvis! Remember him? [:)]

Now stop that! I have a very close friend and West Sham season ticket holder who gave a fair assessment of Jarvis, will play 10 games a season, out of that will have 20 minutes a game where he''s quality but will drift out the game.

Also said his best days were long behind him......turns out a pretty good assessment, I got jumped on when I said it was a poor signing for us!