Sign in to follow this  
rich

game thread luton away

[quote]those who think Drury is a weak link take note as soon as he''s not playing 4 go in....Charlton and Hughes not in the game at all...Henderson only player to come out with any credit so far[/quote]

Good point.  Sounds like we''ve had some bad luck in the first half but I''m not making any excuses for the players.  Adams says we''ve played well.  HOW can you be 4-0 down and have played well? 

Wsan''t putting the blame on anyone Stevenage - just going on what Adams has been saying.

He''s also saying we''re not playing that badly, which is bizarre.

Whilst it''s not good having so many players out, we do have some pretty experienced players on the pitch so it''s inexcusable really. Something tells me the mentality is wrong and there''s generally only one person to blame for that... (although I hate to say it)

Strange that neither the club website nor the pink un are keeping up with the score??

No excuses are good enough to explain this away.  No KTF spin can remove this humiliation.  God knows I never wanted it to come to this with a performance that makes Fulham sound good but in the immortal words of Edward VIII as Prince of Wales

"Something must be done"

I have argued for Mr Worthington but now I am afraid enough is enough.  He had the chance to strengthen the squad last season, compare his imports with those of Wigan!  This year the transfer policy has been even worse.  He clearly has lost the ability to motivate the players and must do the honourable thing and go whilst there is still time to do something to repair the situation.

[quote]who will he blame now I wonder...anyone but himself as per usual[/quote]

I want to know what he''ll say after this shambles.  However well we play in the second half shouldn''t disguise the shocking display in the first.

This is my first post on this message board, and what a time to write it.  We''re 4-0 down at Luton Town and i can''t quite believe what i''m hearing.  I''m always giving worthington 3 more games but this has to be the end.  Look around the leagues and you''ll only find a handful of managers that are still at their clubs after 5 or 6 years.  I just think he has come to the end of his shelf life.  We need a new, young, dymanic manager who has new ideas and can take us to the next level. The obvious question is, who and at the moment the usual suspects would be boothroyd, newell and possibly blackwell of leeds.  Even David Williams who I loved as a player may turn out to be a good replacement. I''ve admired worthington but even he must be thinking he''s taken our fantastic club as far as he can. 

[quote]I want to know what he''ll say after this shambles. However well we play in the second half shouldn''t disguise the shocking display in the first.[/quote]

he will say:

• injuries
  • poor passing
  • time for players to be counted

he will not say:

• i got it wrong
  • I didnt buy a replacement for Francis

I wish he would say:

• Cheerio

the reason the midfield hasn''t played well is because one is a defender and one has been out injured for weeks, meanwhile Jarrett looks on from the bench.   Oh he has taken McVeigh off because its his fault we have conceded 4 goals, is he injured?

i have been an unwaivering worthington supporter throughout all this...but i''m thinking that we need some new ideas...the only thing i''m worried about is that if we do sack worthy, how do we know that we''re not just gonna hire another rioch or hamilton and do even worse??

We have 7 players in our starting line-up who represent their country, including a striker valued at between £5-7m. Yet we''re being beaten by a team of players who hardly have a cap between them. The difference? They''re organised, motivated, confident and play to their strengths. I just wonder what a manager like Newell would achieve with OUR group of players.  

We have 7 players in our starting line-up who represent their country, including a striker valued at between £5-7m. Yet we''re being beaten by a team of players who hardly have a cap between them. The difference? They''re organised, motivated, confident and play to their strengths. I just wonder what a manager like Newell would achieve with OUR group of players.