Sign in to follow this  
XXL16

I went to the Colney Training Center in today's morning

I should say I miss the 8:31am scheduled number 14 bus, so I was a bit on time to the training ground. When I got there, I met Gary Doherty just outside the male toilet! He was surely the man at the moment, since he was interviewed by BBC, ITV I think, also the Canaries World.

About Canaries World, after Doh''s interview, James Bigg the Canaries World presenter, asked about me for interview, had to say again! It''s not finish yet, because after that, BBC Radio Norfolk invite me to go to their studio in the Forum on this Friday, early morning for a chat! Sounds liked very busy for me within this week.

About the team''s training started at 10am, I should say I was liked watching the second string training, I cannot remember the exact number of players but we should only have less than 15 players on training, also they are training on the other side of the field, that the fans can only see them kicking a ball under the telescope! I have no idea what they are doing and I think Nigel may have something, do not want to fans to see. Hay, there are only 2 fans there you know?

Two familiar faces were missing, Craig Fleming was in flu and oh my God! Adam Drury is in treatment too! :-(

I only taken pictures with a few players and should do a bit more on this Friday. Everybody know I am brave to say anything and I will continue, I should say many of the Norwich City players were very very very nice, for example: Adam Drury, Simon Charlton, Darren Huckerby, Dean Ashton and Andy Hughes.

Chat to Charlie for a very short time and he signed on my shirt. I chat with Adam for about 5 minutes long about his current form, injury and a little bit of Gary Holt! Also Adam told me to ask Terry Postle the kit manager, to get Adam''s spare training shirt!!! I should have ask Terry very soon!!! ;-)

Hucks noticed me I am XXL16!!!! OH!!!! He''s the third Norwich player to do it! You know I want to ask him about the penalty decision on Saturday but NO I JUST CANNOT DO IT! Deano, well, I did not speak to him much, but definitely I feel he was a very good and nice lad liked Gary and Adam, should speak to Deano more on Friday and next Tuesday surely; Andy was quite amazed about where I came from and we have a good chat, I will take photo with him on Friday surely.

Now I said many of the Norwich City players were very very very nice, but some of them, of course I would not open the names here, did not look nice! But anyway, I would still like them as a Norwich player, not their personality, I always said that. (except those 5 players I mentioned)

Finally I got an totally UNEXPECTED present, it''s down to everyone to have a guess...;-)

Top post XXL - look forward to your next update, no idea what your gift was - give us a clue...

Hey XXL, wanna borrow a pair of binoculars for Colney?
Anyways, I wouldn''t worry about some players not seeming as forthcoming as others, everyone has a bad day at work once in a while.

If you see Hucks tell him to give me his EVO - its wasted on him, I only ever see him in that BMW nowadays

XXL16, glad you had a good time I always enjoy reading your little reports when you make it over from Hong Kong. Has it been a year or so? Anyway, nice to hear the players were welcoming I have to say I havent been up to Colney on a training day yet it is something I really want to do.

Not all the players though will be as open as some of the others we know that will have a chat, I guess as you say that''s their personalities and not everyone will have the time of inclination to stop and chat to everyone. Think that makes those that do such a good moment.

I cant guess the suprise you got, a shirt with your name on? Im sure youve got one already!

Have a good day Friday.

KC

Ok I guess you got a invite to the players lounge for the next home game?

Or a Hucks shirt?

XXL16 - I admire you the way you travel from Hong Kong and get a ticket, the last few times I have come back from Taipei it has been impossible to get tickets for Carrow Road matches - how do you do it?

Eldrich

PS If I pop over to Hong Kong on a trip and have time can I join in with one of you matches there?

Hi David

Glad to see you made it, and that the players welcomed you.  I am sure they must think it pretty special that someone will travel all that way to watch them.  Did you told them about the wonderful passing and hatful of goals in your five-a-side game on Sunday?

Hope they will speak to myself and Meeky on Friday as well (though maybe not if they read much of this board!)

Hopefully see you at Luton tonight, enjoy your day

XXL, got to be a signed training top, right??

And were you on the pitch on Saturday collecting and handing out match balls? Heard that you were, if so, how did that come about?

[quote]Top post XXL - look forward to your next update, no idea what your gift was - give us a clue...[/quote]

Some things about some players....;-)

[quote]XXL16, glad you had a good time I always enjoy reading your little reports when you make it over from Hong Kong. Has it been a year or so? Anyway, nice to hear the players were welcoming I have to say...[/quote]

Hi Kent Canary, maybe some players think THEY ARE TOO GOOD ENOUGH, or they have another reasons. Anyway, I still like him as a Norwich City player, but he was never be my favourite player anyway, but I also do not hate him! ;-)

[quote]Ok I guess you got a invite to the players lounge for the next home game? Or a Hucks shirt? XXL16 - I admire you the way you travel from Hong Kong and get a ticket, the last few times I have come ba...[/quote]

Hi eldrich canary, I did not go to the player''s lounge but I went to the Gunn Club on last Saturday, cannot attend the Sheffield Wednesday game since I am already leave Norwich.

[quote]Hi David Glad to see you made it, and that the players welcomed you. I am sure they must think it pretty special that someone will travel all that way to watch them. Did you told them about the won...[/quote]

Hi gazzathegreat, surely I will see you in Luton, after I leave the coach, I will go straight to their clubshop first...;-)

[quote]XXL, got to be a signed training top, right?? And were you on the pitch on Saturday collecting and handing out match balls? Heard that you were, if so, how did that come about?[/quote]

HAHA! Old Shuck, it''s even BETTER than the signed training top...;-)

Just a quick question, i went to colney last week about 9:45 and NO ONE was about, i had a quick look around then went. Please could somebody please tell me what time the team train and whereabouts i should be going to see this, also where exactly are we able to go?

Thanks
Kris

OTBC!

[quote]Just a quick question, i went to colney last week about 9:45 and NO ONE was about, i had a quick look around then went. Please could somebody please tell me what time the team train and whereabouts i ...[/quote]

Hi Kristian

Don''t quote me on this, but if you go along around 10ish, make it 10.30 to be safe, you will find someone (if we don''t get too many more injuries) around, as far as I know you can watch from anywhere - no one has ever stopped me and my family, mates etc, they usually train until about 12 or 12.30, last Tuesday they managed two hours!!!!!

I think they have Wednesdays or Thursdays off, not quite sure, but if you ring the club main number they will give the times for you or re-direct you to the Colney number.  If you are lucky you might get invited inside to chat to players or see the press up there.

[quote]Just a quick question, i went to colney last week about 9:45 and NO ONE was about, i had a quick look around then went. Please could somebody please tell me what time the team train and whereabouts i ...[/quote]

Hi Kristian Clarke, you should phone the club or ask the clubshop about when they training. I think they will train this Friday and next Tuesday as I know...