Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

Take stock

We have nine games ''til the New year and the new window.

Five home games.

Nothing should be done until we see where we are then, imo.

We need to be sniffing the automatics.

Anybody who has total faith in Alex Neil is a bit self-deluded, imo.

He has done enough for us to deserve a chance at the run up until the New Year.

Personally, I''m not over-optimistic, but we''ll now need to see a positive reaction to today''s absolute disaster.

Why give him 9 games? What if those 9 games are a disaster & we find ourselves midtable?

If it gets to a point where we give him x amount of games to put it right it''s already gone too far in my opinion & you are gambling with the season

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]We have nine games ''til the New year and the new window.

Five home games.

Nothing should be done until we see where we are then, imo.

We need to be sniffing the automatics.

Anybody who has total faith in Alex Neil is a bit self-deluded, imo.

He has done enough for us to deserve a chance at the run up until the New Year.

Personally, I''m not over-optimistic, but we''ll now need to see a positive reaction to today''s absolute disaster.[/quote]Sorry, RB, I think he''s had his time, what''s with the wait, wait?  The team have been under-performing under his tutelage pretty well all season.  There is absolutely no reason to wait any longer, week in, week out he is proving that he is out of his depth.  If he has any integrity he should resign, as to depend on our Board for any action will probably prove to be hopeless.

I say one more game. If we do not see an immediate reaction from the players and the management, then we start preparing for the second half of the season now.

I am neither a clapper or a crapper; however, I can see that AN is not having the effect on the side he should. He has had a couple of transfer windows now and yet we have not progressed at either end of the pitch. Old players not improving, new players coming in for positions we don''t need. He isn''t even playing half of the new blood he brought in!

One more game for everyone whose wages we pay to show they care.

There''s a lot in what you say, OR.

I suppose the pertinent question is can we afford to keep Alex Neil given that he seems capable of wasting the wonderful opportunity/advantages we have for a quick return.

If AN fails, then this Club fails .... big time!

Give him the next nine games though. We should tick along and it won''t be too late in the right hands.

Going to be Mr. Controversial here: I predict we''ll end up above Brighton & probably get 2nd spot.

They were extremely limited & without the gifted 1st goal & our 2nd half capitulation they wouldn''t have scored, let alone won. We''ve played other teams this season who are far better.

I admit there''s a certain amount of blind faith going on, but something will happen over thnext couple of weeks; either AN will turn it round or he will leave. We do have the squad for promotion (but not to stay up) & a way will be found to galvanise them.

This is not a rational prediction & I know it seems unlikely at the moment, but a season is a long time & my gut feeling is our quality will win through.

I don''t expect many here to be in agreement. And, to be honest, I don''t blame you. It''s just how I feel.

"They were extremely limited & without the gifted 1st goal & our 2nd half capitulation they wouldn''t have scored, let alone won. We''ve played other teams this season who are far better."

They were extremely limited Ron because we are a strong team and made them that way. They have been rather more than ''limited'' thus far this season though.

W are a very good side, but have a very soft under-belly that our manager seems to have created.

5-0 Says it all.

We need a Colchester reaction. Whether we need a Paul Lambert will be open to debate on this forum until the next three points.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]"They were extremely limited & without the gifted 1st goal & our 2nd half capitulation they wouldn''t have scored, let alone won. We''ve played other teams this season who are far better."

They were extremely limited Ron because we are a strong team and made them that way. They have been rather more than ''limited'' thus far this season though.

W are a very good side, but have a very soft under-belly that our manager seems to have created.

5-0 Says it all.

We need a Colchester reaction. Whether we need a Paul Lambert will be open to debate on this forum until the next three points.[/quote]If we are indeed a very strong side, but with a very soft underbelly that our manager seems to have created, then I would argue that our manager needs changing....................fast.

Sorry but this "give them x games" that always arises causes more problems than it solves in my view. We will no doubt win a few of these games and still be in and around the top four but that doesn''t prove anything.

He''s either good enough or he''s not and he''s proven that ultimately he''s not good enough.

[quote user="ron obvious"]Going to be Mr. Controversial here: I predict we''ll end up above Brighton & probably get 2nd spot.

They were extremely limited & without the gifted 1st goal & our 2nd half capitulation they wouldn''t have scored, let alone won. We''ve played other teams this season who are far better.

I admit there''s a certain amount of blind faith going on, but something will happen over thnext couple of weeks; either AN will turn it round or he will leave. We do have the squad for promotion (but not to stay up) & a way will be found to galvanise them.

This is not a rational prediction & I know it seems unlikely at the moment, but a season is a long time & my gut feeling is our quality will win through.

I don''t expect many here to be in agreement. And, to be honest, I don''t blame you. It''s just how I feel.[/quote]

I absolutely agree we can finish top two. We''ve been garbage for most of the season and are still only 4 points off auto. Under a decent manager we could go on a great run.

Back to the Chris Hughton days

A few more games

Oh he did quite well

A few more oh just outside play offs

Few more then to late season over and we are mid table

AN can not gel this team he can not get that extra 10 % out of players

He seems for some reason to have this big hardman scottish image and people think and act like the players are scared of him and fat frankie

He is not a Fergie and the players Know it