Sign in to follow this  
Number 9

I was manager of the month

Ion a tweet from one of Bailey or paddy or Butler, AN was genuinely amazed that not all supporters were unquestioning in there support of him.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Where is this interview?[/quote]

On Pinkun front page about players fit for tomorrow.

Scroll down and there are tweets from the presser by Paddy Davitt

[quote user="Number 9"][quote user="nutty nigel"]Where is this interview?[/quote]

Scroll down and there are tweets from the presser by Paddy Davitt[/quote]

It wasn''t arrogance to be fair. More surprise to be informed that is the current view of a section of #ncfc fans. However big or small https://t.co/6wMN29w38M

[quote user="Number 9"][quote user="Number 9"][quote user="nutty nigel"]Where is this interview?[/quote]

Scroll down and there are tweets from the presser by Paddy Davitt[/quote]

It wasn''t arrogance to be fair. More surprise to be informed that is the current view of a section of #ncfc fans. However big or small https://t.co/6wMN29w38M[/quote]
So from that tweet you can determine the mood of the manager and the sentiments behind what he said and in what context he said it?

Have a look at the reports / tweets for yourself and make your own mind up, however my impression was as I said.

I have no idea what context. That''s why I don''t read them. And any context I did put on them would be no more acurate than yours. Or in other words a complete guess.

I don''t think anyone''s lying Kingo. But that''s just what Paddy Davitt''s take on it is. Was Alex neil smiling when he said he was manager of the month. Or was he dismissive and indignant? What was the context of that remark?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I have no idea what context. That''s why I don''t read them. And any context I did put on them would be no more acurate than yours. Or in other words a complete guess.[/quote]

Read Davitts of the presser and read the narrative in tweets

http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/norwich_city_midfielder_graham_dorrans_passed_fit_for_brighton_test_1_4753807
If you go there you will see clips of Alex throughout the press conference. He''s cool buddy. I''ve seen him twice in Q&As and he''s as good as any manager I''ve ever seen. He doesn''t get rattled because all the stats and facts are there in his head. Of course it''s possible that the very clip he got all bristlely they didn''t show the film. But I''ve never seen it from him even under the pressure of PL relegation.

I''m saying what I''ve said. It''s all there for you to read. Reading things into what''s written seems to be a bit of a thing with you. 
"AN bristling at suggestions he is not getting best out of squad or lost the players. I won the MotM last month. I won''t lose any sleep"
Now, was he smiling? Was he arrogant as you first said? Or was he surprised as you later said? You''re not even sure are you?

I''ve never seen AN as being conceited. The opposite in fact as he has always seemed ready to face up to his own mistakes.

Didn''t he anguish over his shortcomings that led to relegation last season?

Whether he will eventually succeed this season, I feel that the jury is still out. He has many good attributes though and also handles the media quite well, IMO.

As for the Manager of the Month award. Fully deserved.

Take this for real arrogance:

“I take huge pride in it because quite clearly I’ve done a good job over the four years, no doubting that,” McCarthy said. “I don’t want you to say it, I’m telling you I have".

However, I hope that they continue to hang on to ''agent'' McCarthy for another four years.

I just think he''s making a valid point. We had a brilliant few weeks and now just because we''ve lost a couple of games fans are calling for his head.

People will moan that we didn''t play well and deserve some of the victories but I''m happy for us to play rubbish and win as that''ll get us promoted.

In fact, it might not be a bad thing if he did get a bit of arrogance back..one of my concerns is that he has lost Some of the self confidence that got him the job in the first place and got us promoted

That quote reminded me a little bit of Roeders " missed your tenure as England Manager" and "I will be the last man standing"

[quote user="sonyc"]That quote reminded me a little bit of Roeders " missed your tenure as England Manager" and "I will be the last man standing"[/quote]

Yep Sonyc, that''s exactly what it sounded like, it was unusual to hear comments like that from Alex, something didn''t sound right.

Little did we know what was about to happen. Lets see if manager of the month can retrieve the situation in time for Leeds, wouldn''t think so.

[quote user="rock bus"]I just think he''s making a valid point. We had a brilliant few weeks and now just because we''ve lost a couple of games fans are calling for his head.

People will moan that we didn''t play well and deserve some of the victories but I''m happy for us to play rubbish and win as that''ll get us promoted.

In fact, it might not be a bad thing if he did get a bit of arrogance back..one of my concerns is that he has lost Some of the self confidence that got him the job in the first place and got us promoted[/quote]I couldn''t agree more with you. The problem is though, that you can''t play rubbish for long periods and continue to win. This has been proven in our last three games where we have played rubbish and lost. If we continue to play rubbish and lose, well my friend, that is no longer going to get us promoted, but rather, it is a recipe for relegation.