Sign in to follow this  
sonyc

Alex Neil's record in last 12 months?

There are one or two stattos on this forum so I am wondering if anyone knows what the win percentages'' might be for the last year? Is there one of those websites that can calculate for you before I start to enquire myself match by match?

I think 12 months is a decent period for analysis and whilst people will say the Prem is different to the Champs you also have to consider Howe, Karanka, Dyche etc are good comparisons.

Just crunched and the numbers and taking in October to October inclusive, which is a crude 12 month take of the league games, Alex Neil has won 33% of his matches, surprisingly only drawn 15% and lost 52%.

Taking in his previous half championship it improves greatly but then also drops down for the first part of the last Prem.

I think we ought to take into account his Prem record as well when considering his impact and where we are now, and with the resources he has been given, which were not afforded to previous regimes. We should be punching above our weight.

This season we have also won almost half of our games and only lost about one quarter (4 out of 15). This means we could lose about 12 or 13 by the time the season ends if we stay at the going rate. Possibly we should get in the play offs with that percentage. Is he able to continue this form or should someone else take on a decent squad. The board surely are looking at the longer / broader picture rather than the current rut we are in, bad though it is. That is the main point of this post.....look at the longer record.

Taking premier league into consideration is a bit unfair imo.  Look at Hughton - excellent in the championship, gets tied up in knots in the prem.  Same can apply to a lot of managers. AN too.  AN has the T shirt in the championship, guided us to promotion last time and only ten days ago was manager of the month.  Stick with him imo.