Sign in to follow this  
iron_stan

players no faith in neil?

When you play players that want out - and there a several of them - you get what happened yesterday,

If Neill has ANY chance of surviving this mess, he cannot play them anymore. They should of all ben sold as you are better having lesser players with desire than ''better'' players with none.

I said that trying to get back up with basically the same squad would be a mistake and it currently is.

Alex Neil has said a couple of times about the importance of being in touch at the turn of the year. Once the window shuts in January the squad is ours with no more distractions. That''s regardless of any new signings. The key point is that once that happens the only way they can replace the cut in wages is by earning that promotion bonus. We certainly saw a change of attitude after Jan 2016. 

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Alex Neil has said a couple of times about the importance of being in touch at the turn of the year. Once the window shuts in January the squad is ours with no more distractions. That''s regardless of any new signings. The key point is that once that happens the only way they can replace the cut in wages is by earning that promotion bonus. We certainly saw a change of attitude after Jan 2016. [/quote]

Neil won''t be here in January unless he can sort out the bad apples very quickly. Even the hopelessly unreactive board that we have won''t put up with this for another two months.

[quote user="komakino"]

Neil won''t be here in January unless he can sort out the bad apples very quickly. Even the hopelessly unreactive board that we have won''t put up with this for another two months.[/quote]I wish I had your optimism.

Whether Neil is here or not won''t change this issue with the players. They have a 40% wage cut. Agents will be punting them to other clubs. If they are still here after January the only way they can get the money back is by getting that bonus.
I''m not calling them dishonest. Many of us would be distracted if there was a possibility of moving jobs in January to get back what we were earning last May.

Well we definitely need to be in touch in January. What you are seeing now is testament to the fact Neil Adams did ok last time. A fact Alex Neil referred to at the time and still does now. The game is all about money to an even bigger extent now than it was then. In fact the world is. Money is king. To pretend differently and visualise a quaint little world where players play for the love of it does nobody any favours.