Sign in to follow this  
iron_stan

players no faith in neil?

recent performances have seen heads drop, players looking at each other and not taking responsibility, but was today an outright ''downing of tools'' and show of no faith in the gaffer ?

The players and fans have no faith, BUT no doubt delia does and would still have faith if he took us all the way to the conference. You know what she''s like with her "friends".

It''s a worry to have Jez, delia and hubby drawing straws for our next manager

They visibly downed tools. Unacceptable behaviour from footballers earning so much dosh. we will find out if AN gets the Leeds match whether the crowd deem there to be a sufficient reaction. It will be clear enough if the crowd turn. I hope Lambo is waiting in the wings.

if the players arent buying into his "philosophy" and wont play for him he has to go

yes he took us up, but hes taken us down and we are severely under performing given that we have one of the best 3 squads in the league

i said in another thread our recent capitulations look psychological more than anything else, it suggests to me the players dont want to play for him anymore 

"What did Martin say?"

Russell Martin said that the performance was unacceptable, humiliating and embarassing, that NCFC ought not to be losing 5-0 to Brighton, that there were players who gave up, players who seemingly don’t care and that if they don’t care they shouldn’t be here. Words were said in the dressing room.

I have supported Alex Neil up to this point. I don’t think knee jerk reactions help, and tend to think that we should give managers longer. Brighton’s boss seems ok now! But when the club captain goes on the radio after a 5-0 defeat to state publicly that at least some of the team don’t care and are giving up, well, I don’t think the Board even has a decision to make.

dibbler wrote the following post at 2016-10-29 9:24 PM:

Listening to Martin, something is very wrong.

It is! But I bet the club don''t comment! It stems from events after the Preston defeat, and the big lights of London! But who was the informer!!!

Herman wrote the following post at 2016-10-29 10:44 PM:

Spill the beans.

Sorry H that''s for the club, AN or Martin to divulge. It''s not in the public domain........yet. But after listening to today''s interviews there is no doubt that AN has made a pigs ear of managing certain players and events which has rebounded on the captain! If it wS in industry it would be termed ''whistle blowing''.

I have even less faith in some of those players. Not sure how much the manager can be to blame.

AN operates with an autocratic, transactional management style - which is a bit old-school. A transformational management style is more suited to getting the best out of most modern-day footballers.

Seems the players have very little personal goodwill with AN - for example I notice they rarely, if ever praise or give him warm support via the media. That suggests they don''t like him very much, which may be OK when the team is winning. However..... when the players need to dig deep for a point-scoring performance that low-level of goodwill between players & manager is evident for all to see.

On other threads Ray has been citing issues that relate to this principle for several weeks...

[quote user="City 2nd"]dibbler wrote the following post at 2016-10-29 9:24 PM:

Listening to Martin, something is very wrong.

It is! But I bet the club don''t comment! It stems from events after the Preston defeat, and the big lights of London! But who was the informer!!![/quote]

Fed up with this kind of sh*t.   Rumours and tittle tattle.  If players can''t buckle down and concentrate for 90 minutes without good reason, get them shipped out.   The manager should lay down the law and if anyone doesn''t like it they are expendable.  I don''t care if such and such is unhappy, or another has his nose out of joint, they are there to do a job. 

LDC how simple is it to get rid of bad apples certainly more than City have. It is cheaper and easier to replace the manager always has been and will always be the case. The players clearly have no faith in AN and are doing their best to see he will be gone soon. How long this goes on is up to the Board which I''m sure the players have just as much respect.

Sack the lot and start again Board, team, managers, physios etc etc. and of course the fans.

Quite a few of these players have been in the same situation under at least two or three different managers which suggests to me that the common factor is .......the players and not the managers.

I''ve always found it amusing that they are referred to as ''professional'' footballers - of course they all get paid very handsomely but very few of them are actually professionals.

The manager can never win in these situations. If the players don''t want him here then he''s toast.As for the players, because of contracts you just can''t "ship them out" willy nilly.If there''s any substance in some of the comments made earlier in this thread then he''ll soon be gone.Clearly something is not right and it''s obvious, from what''s been happening on the pitch, that it''s been brewing for a few weeks.The truth is that we were never going to win anything with one striker and a defence that can''t defend and once players start "giving up" the writing is on the wall and the manager won''t survive.

[quote user="Creative Midfielder"]Quite a few of these players have been in the same situation under at least two or three different managers which suggests to me that the common factor is .......the players and not the managers.

I''ve always found it amusing that they are referred to as ''professional'' footballers - of course they all get paid very handsomely but very few of them are actually professionals.[/quote]Name the "quite a few" of our current squad who you think have been unprofessional with 2 or 3 different managers.

Well can you pick out any that you think have performed professionally this season?

Howson is unquestionably a professional, and although very disappointing today so is Wes. We also have some youngsters with the potential to develop into good professionals.

No footballer can play well every week but if they haven''t got the motivation, intelligence, concentration or fitness to do the basics for 90 minutes then in my opinion they are not professional.

This evening it seems like that covers most of the squad.

A mate of mine from Brighton saw Delia near the tunnel at final whistle.

Delia as manager i dont think, but as majority sharholder, maybe she felt she had to say her bit?

The managers job is to get the best out of the players. If he isn''t doing that, for whatever reason, then he isn''t doing his job very well.

It''s a tough job keeping a group of people motivated and pulling together but that''s why they are paid very well and why the best managers make all the difference. It''s about earning respect, man management, making tough decisions fairly. There''s a lot more to it that simply picking the team and tactics.

All of that is true but what is the players job?

They are also paid very well, frequently better than the manager, but people seem to think that unless they have a super motivator who also organises them as if they were 12yr olds then they have no responsibility for their performance.

Of course the best managers get better results, that''s true everywhere in life but I would suggest most people who regard themselves as professional are capable of executing the basics of their profession irrespective of who they work for.

Footballers it would seem are the exception to this rule, because however poorly they do their job it turns out to be the manager''s fault.

Trying to look at things objectively, I don''t think giving AN the elbow after today''s abject performance is the correct decision. A replacement management team needs serious thought & preparation. AN from the word go has been trying to build for the future. He was Manager of the Month very recently. While there are no outstanding teams in this division, it is still a very difficult & challenging proposition to achieve promotion. We were never going to stroll back to the Premier League and on the face of it we are still well positioned. One atrocious result does not a season make; it happens to all clubs every now and then.

However, we have been unconvincing this season and rarely won comfortably. Questions are being asked about the desire of the likes of Naismith, Brady, Olsson and Bennett to give their all. The form of the above coupled with the form of Tettey and Klose is very worrying. Shackling Wes seems to be crippling us and Jacob Murphy looks to have been found out too. Defensive fragility is proving costly and in my opinion this is not necessarily the fault of the back four. Howson''s injury has been a big blow. Have we underestimated other teams and managers or have we overestimated ourselves? Have AN''s signings been effective? Are his substitutions effective? Is he too stubbornly committed to his style of formation? Did the players send out a message today? Was it a mistake to hold onto Brady? So many questions after a shocking result.

The next game is a big one for the fans, the squad and for AN. The attitude & personnel of the team that starts will most likely reveal where things stand.

neil lost faith in his defence at SJP and now the feeling looks reciprocated.

calamitous performance from what was pretty much most fans team pre match.

For an hour there was nothing between the two sides; had McGovern not gifted the opener it would have been a tense draw; but we gifted a second and then the players decided to clock off.

At least it looks like we are guaranteed some heads rolling a team changes v leeds. perhaps thats what the comfortable players wanted - another day off.

martins comments about players desire simply looks hypocritical when viewing their 4th and his watching the scorer and a midfielder go past him.

Not one of the back 5 came out with any credit