Sign in to follow this  
Blurboy1980

Russell Martin

So I didnt see the game but I saw the after game interview and he hmm peeved...How did he play? He mentioned others gave up.

He said he laid into them after the game and I know he has had his bad moments. So just curious who saw the game was he as much as any others to blame or what?

Sounds like Klose had a terrible game himself.

There is a problem which until NCFC come clean, will remain within the ranks. When the manager states that some of his players ''gave up'' there is a reason for that! It''s not in the public domain, but after the radio I/v of both I have no doubts it will come out soon. If AN stays, expect wholesale changes, but it won''t include Martin!!

Epitomises our problems. Martin hasnt been good enough for two seasons now. Mcgovern on the back of a decent euros but nothing previous becomes our no 1. Bennett hasn''t improved since he has been here. Creative players won''t create if they have no faith in defence. We need leaders not one but three or four. At this rate we are going nowhere. Neil should go end of !!!!!!!

[quote user="City 2nd"]There is a problem which until NCFC come clean, will remain within the ranks. When the manager states that some of his players ''gave up'' there is a reason for that! It''s not in the public domain, but after the radio I/v of both I have no doubts it will come out soon. If AN stays, expect wholesale changes, but it won''t include Martin!![/quote]Don''t be coy mate tell us what you''ve heard

Him and Jerome were the only two who were even average today imo. Murphy tried but seems to have run out of tricks and defenders have started to suss him out, important that he works hard to step up to the next level now and should definitely be rested imo.

Team for the next game

--------------Ruddy-----------

Bennett Klose Bassong Martin

-------Thompson Dorrans

Jo.Murphey-------------Brady

-------------Naismith

-------------Jerome

Should make us more solid, better in the air and try to nick it. We need to work on defending and let the attacking play take care of itself. Bassong plays because we need some pace next to Klose. Martin has been good at LB before and is the only defensive minded player we have who can play there

Don''t know how he played today but I have a lot of respect for the way Russell spoke in that interview.

Clearly really hurt and he honestly cares.

He may be limited as a player, but if the rest of the team, especially those with the most natural talent, gave the same level of commitment we would absolutely smash this league.

Martin always comes out with these statements when we have played really bad.

But the problem is Martin being captain, would a captain of the 2nd best squad in the league let the team lose 5-0, he struggles to get in the team on quality.

If manager stays captain and system needs changing.

I haven''t posted on here or twitter since halftime yesterday, prefer to let things calm down & think about what went wrong and read away fan''s opinions before I comment.
Yesterday wasn''t acceptable by anyone''s standards but worries me more is the interview by Russ, who''s probably one of the nicest, caring & honest players at the club.
For him to say some players gave up and for him to suggest that some players may not hurt enough when we lose is quite worrying.
Just hope that Alex sorts it out this week and plays  eleven players next Sat who actually want to play for this club.
Russ''s interview for those who haven''t seen it, never seen him this upset
http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/brighton-norwich-city-russell-martin-3389517.aspx

Can''t disagree with that Diane.In some ways it''s reassuring to see a player like Martin who has always been a great servant of the club show such emotion on the back of a shocking result, it''s clear this cuts deeper than just 30 minutes of poor play yesterday, and I think his embarrasment is as real as it gets which is a far cry from the disinterested players we saw too many of yesterday.There needs to be some drastic changes in attitude and approach before the next match otherwise this could end up having a far bigger impact on our season than anyone realises...

Agree with you Indy that it''s reassuring to see one of our players step up and tell it how it is, don''t suppose it''s gone down well with some of his team mates but hopefully it''ll make them look at themselves in the mirror
Just hope that the players get together this week and get it sorted for next Sat, at the end of the day they get paid well to do their jobs which gives them a luxurious  lifestyle compared with most, something Im sure some footballers nowadays don''t appreciate

We haven''t really recovered from Newcastle yet - just as it took us some weeks to recover from the Liverpool defeat last season, if we ever actually did.

Games like that are absolutely devastating to team spirit; the disappointment and the "what if''s" last for ages.

I think some players are hiding because they are terrified. Too much nervousness, too much fear. Every mistake is being punished by the better teams after we scraped past the less good ones.

This is where the manager earns his money.