Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Steady on!

lake district canary wrote the following post at 2016-10-30 6:47 PM:

ricardo wrote:

lake district canary wrote:

............The fans are important, of course - but they do not run the club or necessarily know what is best. The board may make themselves unpopular, but theythe best interests of the club - and letting fans dictate what happens, is not what should happen imo.

The trouble is LDC, without supporters there is no club. So they do dictate what happens...........no supporters, no income. In today''s game, where income matters at a club like ours with no fat cat owner, the supporters are the lifeblood. Yes the board run the club and they have, hopefully the best interests of the club at heart, but the heart of the club, any club, IS its supporters. The owners and board are mere custodians. And no one person is bigger than the club, AN, JM, DS, MWJ, whomever, if something is going wrong, badly wrong, affecting that lifeblood, they will react. They have too and they know it. If supporters start to walk away you have a problem, a big problem.

Interesting comment from Graham Souness before the Saints game today regarding Redmond. He said he doesn''t remember Redmond having the same desire at Norwich as he is showing there. Why is that? You can gaurentee that if Brady, Naismith or even Klose get a move back to the PL in January they will look far superior players than they have been showing here. Is it that they have had enough of Neil''s tough Scottish manager act and have simply given up on him.

Ricardo/City 2nd - I understand your points, but if the board resisted even the worst demonstration from the fans and the manager managed to turn it round, then the fans would surely be fine with that afterwards? 

[quote user="lake district canary"]Ricardo/City 2nd - I understand your points, but if the board resisted even the worst demonstration from the fans and the manager managed to turn it round, then the fans would surely be fine with that afterwards?  [/quote]I don''t think you have a clue what ''the worst demonstration from the fans'' COULD possibly entail.  Please note could and possibly.

[quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="lake district canary"]Ricardo/City 2nd - I understand your points, but if the board resisted even the worst demonstration from the fans and the manager managed to turn it round, then the fans would surely be fine with that afterwards?  [/quote]I don''t think you have a clue what ''the worst demonstration from the fans'' COULD possibly entail.  Please note could and possibly.[/quote]

I think a noisy demonstration outside CR by a large number of fans would be the worst, or Worthington style cards.  That''s the worst I can imagine.  If you are implying that things could be much worse than that, I think you would be fantasising.  Things could get ugly, but not that ugly - this is still football, its sport, not war.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Ricardo/City 2nd - I understand your points, but if the board resisted even the worst demonstration from the fans and the manager managed to turn it round, then the fans would surely be fine with that afterwards? 

[/quote]LDC, I can imagine all sorts of of scenario''s, some more likely than others but infinite patience from the Board is not one of them. I give my opinion based on what has happened in the past because its usually the best pointer to the future.  If you had regularly been at CR this season I am certain you would have detected as I have a steadily increasing number of fans realising that all is not as we hoped and expected. We began the season with great confidence and there were fleeting glimpses where we looked the part but the concession of untimely goals against very average  opposition has caused doubts to creep in. In recent games the crowd has become deathly quiet at times and boo''s are beginning to be heard at half and full time. This is always a bad sign. I expect he will be given a limited amount of time to get it right but if the slide continues and AN fails to arrest it then he''s a gonner.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="lake district canary"]Ricardo/City 2nd - I understand your points, but if the board resisted even the worst demonstration from the fans and the manager managed to turn it round, then the fans would surely be fine with that afterwards?  [/quote]I don''t think you have a clue what ''the worst demonstration from the fans'' COULD possibly entail.  Please note could and possibly.[/quote]

I think a noisy demonstration outside CR by a large number of fans would be the worst, or Worthington style cards.  That''s the worst I can imagine.  If you are implying that things could be much worse than that, I think you would be fantasising.  Things could get ugly, but not that ugly - this is still football, its sport, not war. [/quote]I don''t remember suggesting war you silly man, but people can get extremely upset about even trivial things like sport, which might just go further than a bunch of people parading up and down, shouting, outside Carrow Road, or waving anti Alex Neil cards inside the Stadium.  It would depend on how angry they have got themselves, and how fed up they are with the Board and/or the management of the club, I would suggest.  Neither fantasising or even fantasy.  Just because you choose to sit behind a keyboard pontificating most of the time, please don''t tar all of us with the same brush. 

What worries me is whether we get to the point where some supporters get angry when we lose and sulk when we win. That''s the first sign of losing the fans. 

Completely agree with the OP.

Only a couple of weeks ago we were sitting at the top of the tree. In two weeks time we could be there once again. Next week will show a great deal about whether Neil has ''lost the dressing room'' but I think it''s imperative we give him a chance from our end of the bargain.

Reactions are taken too quickly these days. We need to support the team and manager rather be than just sitting there waiting for them to fail. Football is a results based business and until the Fulham second half, results were good.

The level of expectancy which has crept into the ground over recent seasons has meant that there is no atmosphere and despite our winning run and getting the right results there were many who were blarring their eyes out because we weren''t hitting 5 or 6 goals to nought each week and despite the 3 points the ground atmosphere was awful.

lets turn Carrow Road into the fortress it once was once again as with that the results will soon follow. The players and the boss will grow from it and we will certainly do what everyone outside the club expects of us this year and return to the top flight.

OTBC