Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

The Signs Are Unfortunately Ominous.

[quote user="The young canary"]I think the second coming will happen and the Messiah will lead us back to the promised land of the premier league[/quote]I''m selling some laminated, wipe-clean photos of Lambert on ebay. £10 for A4. £60 for life size.

[quote user="King Crimson"]What''s the going rate to hire St Andrews Hall?[/quote]
I wonder if there''s a virtual St Andrews Hall. Tilly''s long been out to pasture and his young proteges seem to prefer the internet.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="King Crimson"]What''s the going rate to hire St Andrews Hall?[/quote]

I wonder if there''s a virtual St Andrews Hall. Tilly''s long been out to pasture and his young proteges seem to prefer the internet.
[/quote]I am there on Wednesday evening at a black tie dinner so i can obtain some free dates and prices if anyone is interested. If that is too soon to get anything organised i will be there again on Sunday 20th at The Stylistics gig.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="King Crimson"]What''s the going rate to hire St Andrews Hall?[/quote]

[/quote]I am there on Wednesday evening at a black tie dinner so i can obtain some free dates and prices if anyone is interested. If that is too soon to get anything organised i will be there again on Sunday 20th at The Stylistics gig.[/quote]
The 20th look doable. Maybe if the youngsters are too busy behind their keyboards you could do a turn in the interval. This poster should cover the whole evening...
Image result for the stylistics cartoon

[quote user="Donkey dangler"][quote user="Cobain18"] as I actually think he''s a good manager [/quote]

Could you please explain why you think he is a good manager.[/quote]As you are around Donkey do you know if The Guild Of Fag Packet Accountants have any dates booked for their annual bash at St Andrews to avoid a date clash ?

Lakey 2 points

I certainly thought AN would be up to it, but he plainly wasn''t - but the difference between him and Lambert is that he didn''t walk away

AN stayed = Nobody wanted him offered him another job

so we will never know that i doubt there is much of a queue

Lambert did it - but most of us knew in our hearts that he would probably struggle the next season as we tried to upgrade the squad and defence

thats total guess work might of had a good season

Something is wrong at the club and it is more than the manager. So many managers have failed. People bang on about Delia as if she is some demi god. She isn''t she is an average business person and her continued relationship with the club is like a marriage that has gone wrong. She has done well but it time for her to move on and allow new money and ideas to come to the club.

[quote user="Leonard Rowntree"][quote user="Crabbycanary3"]Our Board are playing a cracking waiting game for PL then, Leonard. PL has been out of a job for nigh on 6 months now. I guess as each day passes, without him returning, then we save a few quid on wages for him. Genius[/quote]Even our board must realise that Alex Neil has turned into a disaster. Knocked out of the cup by Leeds and now humiliated by Hughton with the players downing tools.Fail to win against Leeds the clamour for Lambert to replace Neil will reach fever pitch.[/quote]

Just remind me again about the fantastic cup runs we had under Lambert.

Just remind me again about the fantastic cup runs we had under Lambert.

are you worried about the cup or the league ?

i would have lamberts record in the EPL ( WITH US ) over AN''S !

[quote user="TIL 1010"]For those who say it will never work a second time round with Lambert just remember Eddie Howe left Bournemouth for Burnley but since his return things have not gone too badly for them.[/quote]

A rare example at this level Tilly. The Russian cash helped a bit too.

Can''t think of many others.

Drazen you mustn''t mention the Russian Millions. I was listening to Radio 5 last week , and apparently the success of Bournemouth is similar to a cottage industry , and only down to sweat and hard graft. Apparently Jack Wheelchair is playing there for love , and helps cut the grass after the match.

Eddie Howl is just a flaxen haired guy with fire in his belly . Nothing at all to do with money (or trading outside of FFP rules )

To be fair, we''re hardly well placed to be grumbling about available funds.

How many Championship sides have an 8 million pound signing spending more time on the bench than the pitch? How many Championship sides have an 8 million pound striker who only gets a run out in cup games? How many Championship sides have spent millions of pounds on a winger from Liverpool who doesn''t get a run in? How many Championship sides spent 4 million pounds on their backup centre forward?

I know as much about Bournemouth as I do standard deviation but I would be willing to bet they spent less than us in the summer before their promotion than we have done this year.

We have one of the highest wage bills in the league and one of the most expensively-assembled squads in the league. That is translates to awful performances and a tumbling league position is a pretty sad indictment of Neil''s management.