Sign in to follow this  
Horse Renoir

Next manager?

Jaap stam for me, sets up his team well is calm will get respect from the players and has good contacts. Has far more chance of being a top manager than Alex. Could we tempt him from Reading, I think so so a realistic target in my book

If we are to look for another manager then perhaps we should not assume that going back for a manager will not succeed as it did not last time.

Nevertheless if Paul Lambert did return he would need strong characters to assist him. Alan Irvine was his assistant at Blackburn, did that work?

I would suggest that the success that he achieved here was not purely down to him and his backroom staff but also had a great deal to do with leadership on the pitch.

I can remember few, if any, as influential captains as Grant Holt and perhaps his qualities could be harnessed with the former manager to form a beneficial partnership.

I must admit that if Lambert''s return was a non-starter that I would be more than happy to get Jaap Stam away from Reading if that were possible.

I reckon McCarthy would be a good shout. He''s had naff all to work with & still got that lot into the play-offs last year.

Freed from the constraints he''s under I reckon he could get our team to play good football - but with a bit more gumption. I can''t see him putting up with any no-shows from players either.

No1 choice lambert

But the EPL more than half of clubs in the top div have foreign managers that tells you something

is it easier to get a find a better foreign manager than a british one ?

Amazed people are calling out for managers who are still cutting their teeth in the game. Why do you think we are in the position we are in now!!? Experience is a must this time around. We need a manager who has been around the block and knows how to get teams out of this league. We missed out on Warnock and Bruce so for me the next obvious candidate is McCarthy. Obviously I have zero faith in the board getting a manager of this ilk. I would imagine IF they actually muster the foresight to do the right thing and relieve Neil of his duties they would replace him with Irvine, or Darren Eadie.

If this thread is anything to go by then a clear majority wants Lambert back.

There''s really not a host of managerial talent available right now. And the kind of manager wed want is unlikely to leave a club of similar stature to come to us.

Moxey sacked Mad Mick , so don''t necessarily follow that one. My Wolves supporting mate reckons Moxey''s recruiting policy was bizarre and largely unsuccessful so I wouldn''t hold my breath . Forget Allardyce or anyone currently in a job in top two divisions, we won''t fancy paying compo . If we lose to Leeds and QPR , Irvine may get a go? I can''t see the current board wanting Lambert back even if McNally has gone. A lot more went on there than is public I think.

@Hoegsar

What makes you say that? For me we should be a pretty attractive proposition for any manager in the Championship not named Bruce or Benitez.

Laudrup and Jol are good shouts. It would take huge wages to lure them here though and even though I''d welcome either of them I just can''t see our board being interested in them because of the cost involved. Marcelo Bielsa would probably be even more expensive and I seriously doubt he''d consider going to a Championship team. I think Newcastle and Villa would have also have struggled to attract him.

After reading through these posts it''s become clear that Lambert is the standout of all the candidates that we could afford and are smart enough to consider.

Who cares if he''s disloyal. If he does a good enough job to get offers from bigger clubs then we''ll most likely be sitting pretty in the PL

CUSDP makes a good point as well. There are some examples of managers coming back and continuing their good work. Like he said, some managers just fit certain clubs. Even Mourinho won another title with Chelsea! Lambert has worked at two basket case clubs. One club who has since been relegated after he left and another thats now sitting in the relegation zone a good 10 places below where they were under Lambert!

Lambert knows he''s not going to get a Premiership gig, that''s why he went to Blackburn. He must know he has a better chance here than anywhere else of getting back to the Premiership and succeeding there.

I have more faith in him than AN or anyone else we could attract to get us promoted this year. The man is proven and even more significantly is proven here, at this club, under similar circumstances!

Young canary will be delighted that the momentum for the return of The Messiah is gathering more converts by the hour.

Monsieur Lambert??

Non!! Une mille fois non!!!

The stars aligned last time. It won''t happen again, not in this particular incarnation of the Universe anyway.

He knew it then. He knows it now. So do we, deep down inside.

Sometimes memories are best ...

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Young canary will be delighted that the momentum for the return of The Messiah is gathering more converts by the hour.[/quote]Presume this is a micky take. Looks to me like most people are saying no to Lambert.  Still, we all see what we want to see....... 

100% lambert for me.

We need someone who can come in and hit the ground running. He obviously knows the club, knows a lot of staff and many of the players.

Anyone doubting because you apparently never go back just look at Eddie howe at Bournemouth.

It''s a no brainer as far as I''m concerned

I would also be very happy to see Lambert back.

Rowett is a very good shout.

Laudrup would be great. You know he won''t stick around for long but enjoy quality football while he''s here.