Sign in to follow this  
Horse Renoir

Next manager?

Turned to the dark side today, I think AN has run out of time. Most on here seem to agree so who do we want next?

Allardyce looks the strongest candidate but would want massive wages which i think would put our board off. We''d probably see the end of Wes as well. But I think he could be the man to establish us in the PL and we''ll never get him cheaper than now. Despite being a greedy b****** he''s a really good manager!

We probably wouldn''t have to pay much to poach Moyes from Sunderland either. We could do what Palace did with Pardew and offer him an escape route while allowing Sunderland to save face and money. Moyes gets out of a basket case club and gets a chance to rebuild his reputation at a quieter, less demanding club. Would be my second choice.

Lambert I could see having a similar effect to Neil when he first game in and would just raise everyone 10% and could get us up through the play offs. I think he''d relegate us should we get there though. He''s a great motivator but I''m not sure he''s that more tactically savvy than Neil. We''d carry on conceding goals and losing some games but he might improve us just enough to get us up. Forgetting his history with us I think he''s still one of the best out of work managers going right now.

I suppose we could also consider Pearson but his time at Derby would most likely put us off.

I can''t think of anyone else though and based on Moxeys previous record he''s not likely to have an unexpected ace up his sleeve, he''ll probably go for someone obvious hence why I chose those names.

But that''s just me. Who do we want if Neil goes then?

Who''s realistically out there ?

Paul Lambert with Alan Irvine ?

Malky Mackay ?

Who else would want it, could we attract ?

It would be nice if we could. But take a look at Jez Moxey''s previous appointments! Mick McCarthy is the standout by a mile in a long, long list. Our boards appointments pre McNally also make some grim reading, but we''re all aware of that.

Of all the managers I think we''ll consider Sam, Moyes and Lambert are the only stand outs for me

Lambert

Hodgson

Allardyce

The latter may hold out for a Orem job in Jan though.

Outsider could be Heckingbottom at Barnsley but I don''t think another young, up and coming manager is what this squad needs right now.

two months ago I''d have agreed with you. No PL club will touch Moyes now after how he''s performed at Sunderland (I don''t think most of that is his fault anyway) and while Allardyce would be a long shot, with his reputation as it is he might feel a spell in the football league at a good club would be a good way to get back into the game.

If we couldn''t get one of those two and the board don''t have another surprise appointment lined up then we''re really only left with one man. ..

Heckingbottom is an interesting shout but this time I''d prefer someone who has experience managing higher calibre of player. I don''t think we really need another AN type who''s full of ideas but can''t make it work on the pitch.

Like I have said before Mick McCarthy, would jump ship and be on Moxey''s list. Be well suited for Norwich.

I don''t want to agree with you. I couldn''t think of anything worse.

But you are right...

He is doing what he can at Ipswich,they don''t score a lot but they don''t concede a lot. He is making the best of a bad situation & getting the best out of his team

Those considering Alladyce ... forget it.

1. With our shallow pockets he wouldn''t be interested ... he''ll be off to Wolves with their Chinese billions.

2. With our wholesome image he wouldn''t be on the shortlist ... he''ll be off to Wolves with their ruthless desperation to get promoted.

It would more likely be Karl Robinson ... for many reasons.

Agree with this Cantiaci. He may need a new project and I could see a fit. Allardyce far too expensive. And would Lambert even want to come back? Doubt it v much. Now Holt as assistant manager would please me!

[quote user="Horse Renoir"]

We probably wouldn''t have to pay much to poach Moyes from Sunderland either. We could do what Palace did with Pardew and offer him an escape route while allowing Sunderland to save face and money. Moyes gets out of a basket case club and gets a chance to rebuild his reputation at a quieter, less demanding club. Would be my second choice.[/quote]

Less demanding club?? Have you heard our fans lately. ''Sing when you are winning'' comes to mind!

We have a perfectly good manager in AN. There is no one else out there available who I would switch him with and I''m am confident he can turn this minor blip around soon.

Once again- quit with the knee jerk pant wetting reactions and enjoy the ride!

I think we need someone with fresh ideas, youngish but not as young as Alex. Also someone with balls. I''d go with Nikolay Kostov, but obviously Jez has a myriad of contacts available to him - wouldn''t be surprised if he went back to basics with someone like Alan Curbishley, Joe Kinnear or Jerry Francis.

[quote user="Buh"]I just want someone who checks out[/quote]

Rest assured, Jez will get someone who checks out. The guy isn''t some two bit mug, he''s a perfectionist, he lives and breathes the game.

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]Those considering Alladyce ... forget it.

1. With our shallow pockets he wouldn''t be interested ... he''ll be off to Wolves with their Chinese billions.

2. With our wholesome image he wouldn''t be on the shortlist ... he''ll be off to Wolves with their ruthless desperation to get promoted.

It would more likely be Karl Robinson ... for many reasons.[/quote]Jesus, he''s worse than Neil. I''d rather have Ann Robinson.

I can''t see these players having any respect for Hodgson after the summer he had.

Lambert proved pretty sh*t at Villa and Blackburn...

Remember when everyone wanted Walker back and he didn''t have Deehan as his assistant? It''s never the same 2nd time round.

We should look abroad... and I don''t mean pretend to ''scour Europe'' and make it as far as Salhouse, like McNally did... i nean PROPERLY scour Europe.

Ralph Hasenhutl.... performing the miracle at RB Leipzig... act before a bigger club does.

We''re not going to take a manager from the team 2nd in the Bundesliga. Why would you think that would be an option?