Sign in to follow this  
mr footy

Not that bad!

Morty i will agree the manager can not help the players making mistakes

Every person makes mistakes

BUT Alex Neil picks the team and the tactics

now there must be a reason why the players who are mostly Experienced players all of a sudden are making these mistakes nearly every game !

confidence or down because they do not believe in the management ? do not believe in the coaching ??

i do not know why but for a professional footballer and not just one but many in our Team turning to jelly and making mistakes that a under 12 team does not make something is seriously wrong somewhere

People need to take their pick. We have either been lucky up until a few games ago, or we have suddenly, inexplicably gone into a nosedive.

Do not underestimate the psychological effect that relegation has on players, perhaps the answer was to clear out more than we did? But we didn''t, we have what we have till at least January.

Sacking the manager is rarely the answer. The best outcome here is that they all pull together and work it out.

Had Howson been fit, would the last few games have turned out differently? Had Jarvis been fit would we have a Murphy that''s fresher and less jaded?

Had we had both players, would the manager have played the likes of Canos and Pritchard more? Had we sold Brady would we have bought another CB?

All questions worth pondering before you light your torches and call for the managers head.

[quote user="morty"]People need to take their pick. We have either been lucky up until a few games ago, or we have suddenly, inexplicably gone into a nosedive.

Do not underestimate the psychological effect that relegation has on players, perhaps the answer was to clear out more than we did? But we didn''t, we have what we have till at least January.

Sacking the manager is rarely the answer. The best outcome here is that they all pull together and work it out.

Had Howson been fit, would the last few games have turned out differently? Had Jarvis been fit would we have a Murphy that''s fresher and less jaded?

Had we had both players, would the manager have played the likes of Canos and Pritchard more? Had we sold Brady would we have bought another CB?

All questions worth pondering before you light your torches and call for the managers head.[/quote]

Its a bit of both Morty. The same significant flaws in our game/tactics have been evident all through the season 9we even conceded a sloppy goal at Blackburn) but we have been fortunate that either opponents have missed chances or our greater attacking quality has seen us through. It wasn''t all luck (we have good players) but as others remarked it was never particularly convincing and we were hanging on too often in games we should have won more comfortably.

Earlier in the season the mistakes and the poor defending were not costing us points. We were getting away with it. Since Newcastle (aside from at Wolves where we played quite well but they still missed a couple of sitters) they have started costing us points/results and that seems to have had a more disastrous impact on the confidence of the team then perhaps one might expect. Why that is I don''t know but what I do know is that I have zero faith that Alex Neil can get this lot playing to the level they should be. He may get them playing well enough again for us to stay in the top six but that is not the same as the team playing to its capabilities.

[quote user="morty"]Sacking the manager isn''t the answer.[/quote]

I believe it is. We will just have to disagree on that one. I don''t expect them to do it but I think a decent, experienced manager would make an enormous difference to the level of performance we are seeing from these players.

[quote user="morty"]Who do you have in mind?[/quote]

I would be happy with Lambert back or Hodgson or Allardyce. I suspect the latter is unrealistic as he will be holding out for a prem rescue job in January.

I am sure there are other options I''ve not considered. We have the second best squad in the division and are only 4 points off the top 2. It would be a hugely attractive job I think.

To be fair Morty, don''t think you can say "sacking the manager isn''t the answer".

If we lose 4-0 at home to Leeds what other option is there? I don''t think for any second this is all AN''s fault but often it''s the only outlet a club has when things get to such a (theoretical) stage.

I agree that sacking the manager today, certainly isn''t the answer.

There are always those who don''t ever want to sack any manager. Quite a few of them posting today.

Well I can''t tell the future Hogesar.

Even if it all goes to shart on Saturday I doubt sacking him will bring the instant fix some think it will.

Wouldn''t necessarily be a long term fix but it''s more times than not created a short-term boost which with the quality in our squad might be enough to keep us up in the right direction this season.

As always, a gamble. But should we lose badly to Leeds the reality is the crowd will turn and it''ll be the obvious change that''s made.

[quote user="morty"]Sacking the manager isn''t the answer.[/quote]Doesn''t seen to do Watford any harm. Perhaps they have the answer - new manager in every season no matter how well the previous one did.