Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Ruddy back ?

Both keepers have their faults,they must work on crosses and distribution, basic football skills need time to finetune. Perhaps extra work after training will Help?

Well, look at the goals against Brighton, First goal- would he have been so badly knocked off the ball ?  Third goal should have been taken by the keeper or at least punched away,  McGovern watched it fly over him. fair enough the bad clearance could just have easily been JR but the game was lost by then.

McGovern is 32 and Ruddy is 30. If they haven''t mastered the basics by now they''re never going to.

We do have 3 keepers. Jones has played well for the u23s this year especially the game against Valencia & in the FLT.

If Ruddy can''t get into the side after McGoverns display on sat then I think we can say his Norwich career is over. Shocking display.

He had a good Euros with a different team and manager

To be fair he has been playing lower standard than Ruddy all of his career

should never be our 1st choice

He''s not good enough for the championship. Ruddy ain''t the same keeper he was since he picked up that knee injury. Actually think Mark Bunn would be our number 1 if he was still here.

Dan Bentley who had a very good spell at Southend moved to Brentford in the summer on a free despite supposed interest from prem sides. Hes been getting good reviews this season.

Like what recruitment that goes on at Brentford. Only have to look at the likes of Odubajo, Andre Gray, Tarkowski who were signed from lower leagues and sold on for big fees, next 1s to be sold on for big profits will be Hogan and Henry.

I remember being in goal once and let in a terrible goal but on that occasion we won 5-1 so it depends on the game.

McGovern was clearly responsible for three of the goals. Ruddy will almost certainly return as he is a bit more positive coming off his line. But he is not as good as he was a couple of years ago.

McGovern had a nightmare yesterday but only a few days ago at Leeds Ruddy showed exactly why he is now number two, and I don''t see yesterday changing that.

I find it strange that so many people are focusing their criticism on AN for yesterday when it was so obviously the players responsibility that even the club captain came out and said it instead of spouting the usual cliches we expect from footballers.

But for me one of the more serious mistakes AN has made is around the keepers - Rudd showed pretty clearly last season that he was a better keeper than Ruddy and likely to improve further with experience. But one bad mistake and Ruddy was back (and that went really well). Now we''ve got Rudd out on loan and Ruddy or McGovern as choices, neither of whom are at level most of would us would hope for.

The discussion isn''t even about who is the better keeper but who is likely to cause the least damage, and even after yesterday that is probably McGovern.

I''d put Ruddy back in, but its not just about the goalkeeping position. We need to sort out the defence in front of whoever is in goal as well.

Fair point Creative Midfielder, Ruddy didn''t exactly set the world alight against Leeds, but then he didn''t have the first team defence in front of him either.

I think Ruddy would have remained no1 bar his injury but McGovern came in and did quite well Now we still haven''t kept a clean sheet, and after an abysmal performance against Brighton, surely McGovern has to be dropped to give Ruddy another chance. Basic schoolboy mistakes against Brighton.