Sign in to follow this  
St.John Cooper

I want us to lose

I hate to admit this but this will be the only way any action will be taken, if we keep winning the odd game by the odd goal and then reverting back to poor performances and dropped points as we have been doing, NOTHING will happen and we will finish in mid table security. The only way Worthy will go is if we keep losing. We have already dropped more points at home than we did in the entire promotion winning season!  I wish the board would react to the facts and get rid of him.  While we have shown small signs of improvement in some games we still have not been good enough!  I hate to say I want us to lose, as without this nothing will change and we will finish 10th or similar....if we are very lucky a play off place, but come on guys you think we would win a play off... I doubt it! Anyway remember 2 months ago we were talking about winning the league and automatic promotion...now play offs...maybe in 2 months we will be talking about avoiding relegation.....how quickly things change. Remember all our hopes, dreams and aspirations for our team this year, it is so sad to see them being flushed away with poor decisions and non existent tactics and a board to slow to react.

When is enough enough?

OTBC

St.John

Doh!

You are right - the management will not change until we go on a losing streak

But so so so so so so wrong; I simply cannot have that view and will never look for city to lose games - I just cant do it...

OTBC

The only thing I can think of worse than wanting City to lose   is that of favoring Ipswich to win. 

Should I ever sink to desiring either of these two happenings then I would stop supporting Norwich and start going to the Bingo with wifey. 

Whilst I recognise and appreciate your feelings Saint I would suggest that the words nose, spite and cuttingoff  come to mind.

What an absolutely brilliant idea! Let’s lose a game so we can all complain about Worthy again, nothing will happen, apart from we’ll lose 3 points just as things are starting to look a bit better. Then after we start to win a few games, people will want us to lose again.
Fantastic!
Can see you’ve clearly thought this one out!
I mean if only everybody else in the world was as intelligent as you.

Come on lads, this is the time when we should be getting behind the team AND the management the very most. With our help and support, we could actually make something out of this season.

I don’t have any time for ‘fans’ that don’t seem to care about the club.

[quote]I hate to admit this but this will be the only way any action will be taken, if we keep winning the odd game by the odd goal and then reverting back to poor performances and dropped points as we have ...[/quote]

Had I said this Saint, posters would have said words like ''Rabid'' and ''too extreme'', just ask Morph and ZLF!.

I have every sympathy for you mate, yes, someone no doubt will call you a binner on here, because thats what they do of late.

And I can see where you are coming from, but wanting City to lose?.

I would rather say, if City lose (Likely) that''s one more nail in the managers coffin.

Trust me, he''ll get caught out sooner rather than later!.

[quote]I hate to admit this but this will be the only way any action will be taken, if we keep winning the odd game by the odd goal and then reverting back to poor performances and dropped points as we have ...[/quote]

I think it is a sad, shameful state of affairs when club supporters want their club to lose, for whatever reason(s).

I, frankly, would much rather we went on a winning streak and didn''t sack the manager, but perhaps that''s too logical for the majority of blinkered Worthy-haters on this board, who can''t see past their only pathetic prejudices.

[quote]Had I said this Saint, posters would have said words like ''Rabid'' and ''too extreme'', just ask Morph and ZLF!. I have every sympathy for you mate, yes, someone no doubt will call you a binner on her...[/quote]

Have never said you were too extreme 1st Wiz - I dont always agree withy our views but at least you have a passion for the club and can see the clearly evident faults;  only the subborn and ignorant can''t change their minds.  

Please carry on posting - I''d rather read one of your posts than a one liner personally insulting another view because they dont disagree witht heir own - you at least justify yourself.

OTBC

We are 3 points off the play-offs, what a good time to lose!!  In fact, what a good time to sack a manager, get someone new in (who doesn''t know the players,club etc), he takes maybe 6 games to get a win under his belt, we find ourselves 10 points or more off the play-offs and 1st Wiz, YC etc start calling for Worthy to come back. (OK, the last bit is a bit far fetched).

A point tomorrow night would be a good result.

Worthy has my full support. And if he were sacked tomorrow, the new guy would have my full support.How anyone claiming to be a fan can wish for their team to lose I simply cannot comprehend.

look at it this way, it''s win win, if we win then that''s what we all want, if we lose then it''s rubbish, but it
might lead to some change which is the smallest crumb of comfort.
always cheer the team and the win though because that''s what we all want.

And maybe the fact that we haven''t yet gone on such a losing streak is simply testament to the fact that Worthy doesn''t need replacing.

I cant remember who I was debating with a few weeks back, but that poster was saying how the Worthy out brigade want Norwich to do well, and they would never want us to lose. I replied that Ive read several times "fans" saying they would happily see us lose, although I couldnt produce any threads as evidence. Well heres another!

You have to ask what the real issue is with fans like these? Are they more concerned about the fate of Norwich city, or Nigel Worthington? You can imagine people sitting in their seats during the Brighton game thinking "Damn we''re winning, guess we are stuck with bloody worthy for another week" And in a game where we are losing thinking "Yes, we''re losing! At least it gets rid of him finally!" I dont mind people criticizing worthy, We all have at one point or another, but to wish us to lose is incredible. All I can ask is that IF we start winning games that these people dont then change their minds and go back to the "Worthy is a legend!" thoughts that these fans undoubtedly had two seasons back.

Sorry if im being ridiculously sarcastic, nine O clock lectures and students just dont go work!

Hope all is well back in lovely norwich, im missing it lots.

Sad very Sad all that can be said.Dont need your likes supporting us.

Quite simply, you are not a support of Norwich City Football Club - don''t purport to be.

Come on you yellows.

I firmly beleive that Worthy is no longer the man to take us [the fans & club] to the next level by which I mean get us promotion and keep us in the prem.  

However I also know that the only way Worthy will be sacked is by a disastrous run of form that means no promotion this year.   I really do not have the stomach for that scenario as it means the clubs prem quality players will no longer be with us and any successor will have to rebuild all over again.

Ideally I would like the board to see worthys limitations now and appoint someone in who MAY be able to take us to where I want this club to be.  However I am realistic enough to know that this scenario will not happen.

At the end of the day I want my team to win every game no matter who is manager because I support the club, not the manager or personalities within it.

OTBC

Some good debate.......I want us to lose?, no I hate us losing. I dont actually want us to lose.  I was being Ironic...I want Worthy out, I want us to win.  I think the only way he will go is if we have a losing streak.  But I fear if he stays we will finish Mid table. You are all talking about playoffs we should be top of the league with our players, even with the injures.

If he can turn it around good, I will be the 1st to say I was wrong, and I hope I am wrong, but there is still no evidence this is the case, everyone said give it 10 games they are now long gone.

This is not just because of a draw on Saturday which we could have won with a scored penalty but its because of his tactics in the last 18 months and his lack of leadership...it is not a knee jerk reaction

So lose....definitely not, it depresses me......but my point is it will be the only way Worthy goes!

What worries me most is we finish mid table or even lose in the playoffs when we should have won the division and nothing will happen, we will be left with Worthy and have to sell our best players......

Surly something has to give sooner rather than later?

OTBC

St.John

[quote]Worthy has my full support. And if he were sacked tomorrow, the new guy would have my full support.How anyone claiming to be a fan can wish for their team to lose I simply cannot comprehend.[/quote]

While I dont want city to lose, I entirely understand why fans are so frustrated with a manager (who is wasting the resources at his disposal when the teams we have faced are so manifestly poor) that the only way they see for the club to go forward is to look for a series of defeats.

It does not take much to see where he is coming from, whether you agree with it or not.

OTBC

I can understand where you''re coming from, but I''m not sure it would be the way forward. Even less likely with this board. I think the only way we''ll see Worthington leave is if we do indeed go on such a run of games where even with the strongest side we lose and look in great danger of going down. I think if we don''t make the play-offs this season, the board might look to change things but it probably won''t happen.Another point... How dare some of you say that he''s not a fan. St.John is obviously a man who has taken enough of the poor performances that we''ve had to endure under this manager and has only suggested a drastic way of us parting with him. I can''t believe some of you. If you want to continue with the way we are, not really looking like we''re going to go forward despite having some very good players at this club, then fair enough. Thats you view, but don''t you dare put people down just because they have a different view. What will it achieve? You''re just distancing yourself from the majority of people who want to discuss things. Dicky, sorry but the majority of posts from you just consist of you saying people aren''t real supporters. Get over yourself. We''re all supporters of Norwich City, otherwise we wouldn''t go week in week out, post on here, buy the shirt, give a lot of out lives to following the club. People will just lose respect for you and won''t pay any attention to your comments. If you have a point, make it, but don''t have a go at people just because they have a different view!

Z.L.F:

How exactly do you back yourself up with claims that Worthy is not the man to take us up?

He''s done it before...why not again?

I don''t see any proof that he can''t?

I just think it''s a shame that some people have such tiny memories. it wasn''t that long ago when this man was The Man, couldn''t do anything wrong.

Never mind...if he does go...you''ll only be complaining when someone else comes in.

Wiz:

I can''t work it out.
It seems to me you can''t make your mind up about Worthington?

Your opinions seem to change rapidly?

I never want us to lose, but I am with Zipper in that I don''t think Worthy is now the right man to get us back up.

What is happening right now is actually the worst of all worlds, stuttering victories or draws which give us all hope (how many points would we have had by now if the posts, crossbars, missed penalties, dodgy haircuts, gusts of wind not got in the way or the other excuses presented by Worthy for not winning?)...but which fundamantally don''t result in us gaining much confidence or momentum but are just sufficient to keep the Board on side.

We are only three points of a play off spot despite our bad start, but that is not cause for celebration. It is a sad fact that hovering there or thereabouts will just guarantee that that is where we stay because the Board will not have enough tangible reason to say enough is enough. Just imagine where we would be had we got the most out of this team over the past 13 games.

I defend St John''s right to express the way he feels- we all have emotional capital, money, and time tied up in this club and we all have the right to expect some return on this investment. Our expectations are fed by the quality of the squad we have and the facilities made available. Nigel has had it handed to him on a plate and is busy wasting it.

We are not a fickle bunch but we see the evidence of underperformance with our own eyes and only the most myopic would fail to see how things don''t improve and how lessons do not get learned.

St John

I fully understand your frustrations with what is happening right now, I cannot actually willingly want us to lose, as I have to admit I did during the Chase Out years, when things were infinitely worse than now, but it is depressing to say the least.

We should be up there with the top 2 or 3, for God''s sake, we have an England class goalkeeper, a sought after centre forward, a fantastic centre midfielder who has created interest elsewhere to name but a few, and what have we done to set this league alight?

Absolutely nothing.

It is becoming painful and embarrassing to witness our slow one step forward, two steps back approach this season, given the personnel available, the resources we have it is not good enough and sadly for you of the "Worthington is God" persuasion, the buck stops with him ultimately.  If players are not fufilling their potential then it is up to him to find out why and remedy it.  If he is not working the magic, then it is up to the Board, but that is another story altogether.

We are all fans who care, otherwise, as some others have said, we would be doing something else with our time, not posting on here.  I disagree with many people on here, but accept that everyone has different points of view and equally, different ways of expressing their disappointments. 

I guess what we need is someone new.  Worthy, to my mind has run his course and we need an injection of new ideas and a new impetus and new passions.  I wonder just how many of those players are feeling equally frustrated about this.  If they don''t care, then fine, they can leave, but the ones who care must, like us hope for a solution to us slowly, but surely going down the pan. 

Well, well, we must have lost another game, the old whingers club is out in force again. Where were you for the last three weeks calling for Worthy''s head? *

* apart from Wiz, who does nothing but. According to my thesaurus, the antonym of supporter is detractor. You could put a space after the ''e'', but even that lot are more optimistic about our chances this season than some detractors on here.

[quote]Some good debate.......I want us to lose?, no I hate us losing. I dont actually want us to lose. I was being Ironic...I want Worthy out, I want us to win. I think the only way he will go is if we ha...[/quote]

I was being ironic - yeah right.  Your attempt to get more non-supporters on your side failed abysmally and now you are trying to wriggle out.  Pathetically poor.

However, I have a solution - on the binners'' website you will fit in very well as they all want us to lose as well. 

im with you on this.

We have to face it, the only way fowards is to get a new manager, and the only way that is ever going to happen is for us to do badly. We can only go backwards with worthy now, he has done so well, moved the club fowards and turned us from a division one relegation battling side into a side pushing for promotion.

Face it again, we got so much luck the season we got promoted it was quite unbelievable, but we got promoted because of it, im not saying worthington is a bad manager because he isnt that bad, but it was more luck than much else. We got promoted and it wasnt till the last 7 games worthy actually got us to play football.....

We need a fresh start, and hopefully the fresh start will come in january, if not its championship football again for a few seasons atleast.

[quote]Z.L.F: How exactly do you back yourself up with claims that Worthy is not the man to take us up? He''s done it before...why not again? I don''t see any proof that he can''t? I just think it''s a shame...[/quote]

I didnt say he couldnt get us back up - I said he was not the man to get us to where we want to be - which I clearly stated as staying in the prem after promotion. 

However none of the performances or results we have seen from NCFC this season suggest we are anything like a promotion side so it is hard to see worthy getting us back up despite the squad we have.  Not one game has given any hope that we have a promotion winning side so I think there is, so far, more proof he wont get us promoted this season than he will. 

Rasputin is right - St John has a point of view which he clearly explained why he holds that view - it does not make him any less of a fan just because you, I or the postman disagree with it.

As far as coming out of the woodwork I had hardly disappeared and suggested beating Hull and Brighton was nothing to get too excited about but did give us hope a corner had been turned - a false dawn perhaps?  My posts have dropped because I am bored with the best/true fan debate and refuse to be drawn into a name calling match across a play ground.  

Besides I am a fan of NCFC - and that mean I can be critical of anything or anyone that means the clubs performance is beng hampered - and that includes the manager when I think he should be and can be doing so much better. 

It is ironic that the ones who criticise me for highlighting NW shortcomings chose to defend their views by blaming the players? By your own definitions how is that supporting the club any better than me??

OTBC

[quote]I was being ironic - yeah right. Your attempt to get more non-supporters on your side failed abysmally and now you are trying to wriggle out. Pathetically poor. However, I have a solution - on the ...[/quote]

Now YOU are sounding just ridickylous!.

Same old binner insult and standard Dicky (I love Worthy) reply, get a grip!.

Carry On Saint, its your right mate.

[quote]I was being ironic - yeah right. Your attempt to get more non-supporters on your side failed abysmally and now you are trying to wriggle out. Pathetically poor. However, I have a solution - on the ...[/quote]

Another binner comment. Can you not come up with something more original?