Sign in to follow this  
Thecanaryfan

Martin is embarrassed for the players, I am more embarrassed for this forum.

Top on the league not long ago. Playing superbly. Yet memories are short round here. Hit a bad patch and all of a sudden Neil is the devil.
Today was obviously poor (it happens to all clubs every now and then). But in reality, we gave away goals, rather than conceded them honestly, 
Ask yourselves - Do you think we can beat Leeds next week? If you don''t you have lost faith for the wrong reasons.
Again - TOP OF THE LEAGUE JUST TEN DAYS AGO - What do you want? Perfection?

Whilst I agree with you in principal, superbly, no.

There was a nervousness in a lot of the games, and I felt we needed to change up a gear, but never quite managed it.

But you''re right, beat Leeds and we''re back on track. It''s up to the players to prove the doubters wrong.

[quote user="morty"]Whilst I agree with you in principal, superbly, no.

There was a nervousness in a lot of the games, and I felt we needed to change up a gear, but never quite managed it.

But you''re right, beat Leeds and we''re back on track. It''s up to the players to prove the doubters wrong.[/quote]
It''s tough to change gear when you constantly gift goals. We just have to be realistic imho, we were bent over today for sure, but that is because the lads were trying to nullify the silly mistakes. We were God Awful second half, and like Neil said you cant defend a 5 nil loss. But that was the first real collapse we have seen on his watch. I don''t want the man gone for that.
Leeds is a big game now, not just for the league but for revenge. In fact it is huge. I personally think we might trounce them on Saturday - We need more to think the same.

Thecanaryfan wrote the following post at 2016-10-30 4:45 AM:

Top on the league not long ago. Playing superbly. Yet memories are short round here. Hit a bad patch and all of a sudden Neil is the devil.

Today was obviously poor (it happens to all clubs every now and then).

Do you actually attend matches? If you think these bad performances are every now and then, that''s a NO.

They were top of the league after playing the bottom teams in the league, like Blackburn, Cardiff, Rotherham! They couldn''t beat the teams they needed to beat like Preston, Sheffield Wednesday, Ipswich, in fact they have conceded 10+ against the top two, haven''t kept a clean sheet in eleven games and cannot defend a lead to save their lives. It happened last season, with relegation the final nail. They are a very poor side, with a very poor manager and coaching set up, not to mention their scouting network!

Methinks yours is the (very) poor short memory!

But heyho, they are 9.4 million in the black without debt. Prudence with ambition springs to mind! Can you remember that?

Anyone who thinks this mess will be sorted out quickly is deluded. We were fortunate to play lots of lower half table sides early on. We won most games but looked far from convincing the defence looks like a cullender and confidence is brittle. After nearly two years in charge this is neils team. I fear he is a roeder like impact manager gets early results with hard man tactics then pisses everyone off thereafter. Enough is enough last season was a disaster and we are falling away. Would you trust this guy with a January transfer kitty I wouldn''t

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Playing superbly ?

Stopped reading at that bit.[/quote]

Exactly. Even games we have won we have had horrendous moment''s and periods of play. It happens to often and we could concede at least one sloppy goal a game. It''d clear something is wrong. We have shown we have the ability in this league and would be cruising if we cut out the mistakes. Seems the players and AN can''t do that

All teams go on a bad run, and I think its better to get that out of the way whilst still relatively early in the season.

Other teams will falter and we''ll catch them. We can beat Leeds, but a fighting point will do to give everyone a bit of belief again too.

A fighting point? At home to Leeds?

Anything less than 3 will see a big turn on Neil at the end of the game.

Quite simply for his career at Norwich, he has to put out a team that wins and will fight for him - and you could argue that would require 7 or 8 changes

[quote user="Syteanric"]All teams go on a bad run, and I think its better to get that out of the way whilst still relatively early in the season.

Other teams will falter and we''ll catch them. We can beat Leeds, but a fighting point will do to give everyone a bit of belief again too.[/quote]

Clueless

Agree, anything less than 3 points and a much, much better performance will result in grumbling.

We haven''t played well for weeks so I''m surprised that people are surprised this has happened. It''s been coming. But it''s okay, a reality check is fine as long as we take a long hard look at ourselves and make it right next time out. There is still a long way to go, back the management, back the players and let''s get the result we all want against Leeds.

If we don''t win it will forever be referred to as "the mild grumble of discontent heard around the world"

carry on performing as they are and those wannaway players wont be attracting buyers.

it s a vicious circle.

Urgh, TOP of the league not long back. Beat Leeds and we will be right back in the mix.
What more do you people want? To never lose to teams like Brighton, Leeds, and Preston? They are all teams in relative form.
Or to never lose?
We are fourth in the league with a two point gap FFS. 

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]
[/quote]It''s not about where we are it''s about the direction we''re going in.

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="Thecanaryfan"]
[/quote]It''s not about where we are it''s about the direction we''re going in.[/quote]
Where we are is entirely relevant. And we all know where we are. Sitting comfortably in contention. 
We have had a bad run for sure, but a win against Leeds will get us back on track.
Stop predicting the end is near just because we have had a wobble. 
Get real, the Championship is a fight.

And we need to fight as well if we''re going to stay up there.

It''s the no show, lack of fight that our captain publicly mentioned after Brighton that is the problem, not where we are in the league.

For me a fighting determined performance against Leeds will say much more than the result.

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]

For me a fighting determined performance against Leeds will say much more than the result.[/quote]

Games like this are what it''s all about. Wish I could be there, promises to be a cracker.    Crowd will be expecatant of a reaction after last week, players will be extra anxious to do well, we''re against bitter rivals and a hostile away support.  Couldn''t be better!