Sign in to follow this  
Mr Jenkins

Maddison time again

Great young player getting good experience, I want him playing in our first team. But like mentioned in the thread, the football in Scotland really is rubbish! And this is their Premiership....

"With the game in its dying minutes, Aberdeen won a free-kick 25 yards from goal. Madison, the 19-year-old on loan from Norwich, stood over it and proceeded to launch the most sumptuous strike over the defensive wall and into the visitors'' net via the inside of Wes Foderingham''s left-hand post. Stunning."

BBC Sport

I don''t know about that. If you watch the clip, he spits before taking the free kick. Not a great example to young players IMO, and smacks of prima donna style behaviour which could impact on the squad. It only takes one bad apple to spoil a barrel and, as we have seen with Snodgrass, if players aren''t showing the right body language and effort then it doesn''t matter how good they are.

[quote user="Katie Borkins"]I don''t know about that. If you watch the clip, he spits before taking the free kick. Not a great example to young players IMO, and smacks of prima donna style behaviour which could impact on the squad. It only takes one bad apple to spoil a barrel and, as we have seen with Snodgrass, if players aren''t showing the right body language and effort then it doesn''t matter how good they are.[/quote]

What are you talking about? No evidence that he has an attitude problem!

I''ve seen Steven Gerrard score free kicks like that 😉

P.s Hackedoff, I think Coventry fans would take slight umbrage with us trying to claim he came through the NCFC youth academy 😉. But Josh and Jacob we can certainly claim as our own, good times! 👍

Katie Borkins wrote the following post at 25/09/2016 3:26 PM:

"With the game in its dying minutes, Aberdeen won a free-kick 25 yards from goal. Madison, the 19-year-old on loan from Norwich, stood over it and proceeded to launch the most sumptuous strike over the defensive wall and into the visitors'' net via the inside of Wes Foderingham''s left-hand post. Stunning."

Wow!!!!!!

[quote user="Katie Borkins"]I don''t know about that. If you watch the clip, he spits before taking the free kick. Not a great example to young players IMO, and smacks of prima donna style behaviour which could impact on the squad. It only takes one bad apple to spoil a barrel and, as we have seen with Snodgrass, if players aren''t showing the right body language and effort then it doesn''t matter how good they are.[/quote][:D]

RVW just had his confidence raped by that bast@rd Snodgrass. That penalty ball-snatching incident broke RvW and he was never able to recover. You could see the weight and the muscle falling away from him with every passing week until he looked to the world like an ineffective lightweight and pedestrian forward with no attacking ability.

It doesn''t matter what your opinion is of Scottish football, it had no influence over the taking (and execution) of that free kick . (unless they use weighted balls up their, akin to Bowls)

That free-kick is the epitome of the phrase "Inch-Perfect", haven''t seen a ball placed so perfectly in the top corner for a long, long time.Think it''s blindingly obvious that:A) He will be returning in Jan and will be fighting for a starting placeB) He''s way too good for the SPL, but the more physical nature of the league will do wonders for his development.

Tony Andreu, barring Celtic could probably get in every Scottish premiership sides starting lineup so he probably looks like Messi in the Scottish 2nd division.

Great free kick. The lad will need time though - which is why I think loaning him out was sensible.

Don''t forget, the manager of Aberdeen didn''t think he merited a starting place today. Not trying to put a dampener on it, just saying he''ll need development like our other young players so expectation should be re,Peres to ensure we''re patient with the lad when he gets back to norwich.

[quote user="Cobain18"]Great free kick. The lad will need time though - which is why I think loaning him out was sensible.

Don''t forget, the manager of Aberdeen didn''t think he merited a starting place today. Not trying to put a dampener on it, just saying he''ll need development like our other young players so expectation should be re,Peres to ensure we''re patient with the lad when he gets back to norwich.[/quote]

the manager left him out and the fans were furious - because so far, early it may be, they rate him as the best in the league right now.

There are stories that he''s a bit of a picky one. Cov fans got a bit annoyed with him last season because he seemed to lack interest and refused to get physical when he signed for us. but he continued to perform so I don''t see why they were too upset. but anyway - perhaps he didn''t want to start against a physical rangers team when he''s due to come back in a few months?

Personally I think he needs to stay there all season. Such an extremely exciting young talent, but he isn''t fully required right now. Naismith and Pritchard are chomping at the bit to replace Hoolahan, it would be a waste of 1/2 a season in his development to keep him here after jan, when he could stay in scotland and start most of the games there. He will get far much more game time there