Sign in to follow this  
Mr Jenkins

Maddison time again

Let''s hope he comes off the bench and fires in the winner, though I''m guessing Rangers must be favourites to win today, perhaps fuelled by the classy message engraved on the outside of their coach.

Their manager probably thought to himself this isn''t the kind of clash to ''play too much football in'' and bottled it.

Why would you leave out one of the best players in that league for a game v Rangers?

I suspect it''s to do with the physicality of this fixture, Ricky. But wouldn''t mind betting Maddison will come on at some point second half, Rangers are dominating midfield at the moment, and the Aberdeen manager may perhaps feel the inclusion of Maddison later on in the match will be far more beneficial against tiring legs, his kind of ability could also draw a red card against Rangers too in a contest of this nature if they dive in on our boy wonder. Also, Maddison was great in the cup against St Johnstone a couple of nights back, he''s probably a bit knackered himself!

[quote user="unique"]Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.

Bring him back in January for the promotion run in........[/quote]As the season progresses I''m certain we''ll witness Hoolahan as an impact sub rather than a first 11 stalwart with Pritchard, Naismith & Maddison vying for his position - attacking options are the least of our worries - it''s our central defensive options we should be concerned about for the long haul.

Scary thought.......we could come January field a team with Thompson, Pritchard, Maddison, Murphy & Murphy behind Oliviera and on current form no one would moan!

Great for our future!

I was always envious of teams like Southampton who constantly produced a lot of playera from their academy. For once we have a crop of players coming through to get excited about l!