Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Green Army

TEAM FOR LEEDS

Is Ruddy any more likely to make less mistakes?                  McGovern     Pinto Martin Klose  Brady           Thompson Dorrans      Canos  Hoolahan Pritchard                  Jerome

[quote user="lake district canary"]Is Ruddy any more likely to make less mistakes?                  McGovern     Pinto Martin Klose  Brady           Thompson Dorrans      Canos  Hoolahan Pritchard                  Jerome

[/quote]Do we know if Pinto is definitely going to be fit? If he is, I''d probably go with this team, but with Olsson in for Brady - better defender. Sure he had a shocker last week, but they all did. Generally Olsson is one of our more consistent performers, whereas Brady has been way below par this season.If Pinto isn''t available, I''d seriously consider Godfrey at RB. No harm

in putting one youth team player in if he''s surrounded by experienced

heads, and Godfrey looks the most confident and complete of our fringe

youngsters IMO.Would also be inclined to give McGovern a chance to redeem himself. He had a ''Theoklitos'' last week, but generally I feel he has been a slight improvement on Ruddy, particularly in terms of mobility and distribution.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Is Ruddy any more likely to make less mistakes?      

[/quote]Who knows but you can''t keep a guy in who has just had a howler & gifted the opposition 3 goals.If he doesn''t get dropped now, as long as he''s fit, then he probably never will be dropped.Besides, after last week''s horror show his confidence will be very low so really you can''t afford to take the risk of having a keeper low on confidence between the sticks, especially given the clowns in front of him.

--------------Ruddy-------------------

Pinto---Klose---Bassong---Olsson

------Thompson---Dorrans----------

Ja. Murphy---Naismith---Jo.Murphy

--------------Lafferty-----------------

Worrying how a couple of injuries have exposed the squad''s limitations. Right-back and defensive midfield have been a problem for a few years. Tettey is looking to be on the way out and has always been fairly limited in what he brings. Pinto looks the part and has become an integral part of AN''s playing philosophy. Howson is a big blow. Did Godfrey play the whole game against Leeds a couple of weeks back? Was he at fault for one of their goals?

The Championship (in theory) should be providing the opportunity to blood the younger players with the more experienced players around them. But AN has a problem because some of these older players look to be out of form and/or unsettled. Defensively the Murphy twins haven''t developed enough yet but they need games to improve. Are we in a position to provide that luxury at the moment? Is there something going on that we don''t know about? Can AN turn it around? Are our expectations unrealistic? So many questions! Big game coming up that will reveal a lot. What about:

Ruddy

Godfrey Martin Klose Olsson

Thompson Dorrans Brady

Pritchard Hoolahan

Jerome

If Pinto is fit, Godfrey on the bench along with Bennett/Bassong, Naismith, Oliveira, Jacob Murphy and McGovern. We''re a little bit light around midfield at the moment but we''re at home and there are enough options in that team to change the approach if necessary. I think Robbie Brady has the ability to play as a kind of a left-sided central midfielder but we need him to start showing some form. If Wes is snuffed out, the pace of Murphy off the bench can alter things. If soft goals are leaked or the performance is below-par, some sections of the fans might turn.

However I predict a nervy yet reasonably comfortable 2-1 or 3-1 win similar to the September matches. AN has learned from the away cup game and I still believe he has the vast majority of the squad onside.

"Feed the wolf"

If Pinto isn''t available, I''d seriously consider Godfrey at RB. No harm in putting one youth team player in if he''s surrounded by experienced heads, and Godfrey looks the most confident and complete of our fringe youngsters IMO.

He got pulled out of the Leeds game because he was getting murdered ..... I don''t see him getting another go now ... against Leeds !!

Pinto is still out. Whitts, Mulumbu, Jarvis not under consideration.
                          Ruddy
     Martin   Bassong   Klose   Olsson
Naismith   Thompson   Dorrans   Brady
                       Hoolahan
                         Jerome
To be honest I really don''t know where you go with this squad, the last two games have shown how poor all our players are, too many has-beens who think they should just walk into a Premier League team.

Uh oh... Pinto ruled out. None of our choices at right back are really up to much at the moment. Kemar Roofe for them looked decent as well last week.

I guess we would go with the old faithful Russ Martin then.

With that, my team is:

Ruddy

Martin

Klose

Bassong

Olsson

Thompson

Dorrans

Pritchard

Wes

Brady

Jerome

This isn''t a game for Murphy to be starting who is showing signs of fatigue which is forgivable given his age. Him and his brother on the bench though.

Godfrey looked like a fish out of water against Leeds last week and I think we need experience tomorrow. He''s a centre mid by trade anyway.

Is that only 3 changes from the Brighton team? I fully expect those who ''gave up'' to be dropped. I wasn''t there, but it sounds from this board that it could be any of McGovern, Bennett, Olsson, Tettey (suspended anyway) and Brady. As we don''t have a recognised left back, at least one of Brady and Olsson will play. If its Brady, that leaves room for Naismith, Pritchard or a Murphy further forward. I''d be happy with:

Ruddy

Martin, Klose, Bassong, Brady

Thompson, Dorrans

Naismith, Wes, Pritchard

Jerome.

My hunch is that Whittaker will be RB with Martin CBNot sure who is the bigger liability - Whittaker or BassongOn the other hand it wouldn''t surprise me if Martin is RB and Turner comes in as CB.Trouble is, you can perm any 4 from 10 for our defence and you still come up with the limitations and problems.Think our best hope is that Leeds have an off day - probably wishful thinking though.

Interesting comment about Whittaker and Bassong being liabilities considering neither were involved in the biggest of shambolic defensive displays last weekend.

Ruddy

Toffolo / Godfrey

Martin

Bassong

Olsson

Thompson

Dorrans

Pritchard

Wes

Brady

Jerome

Defence is the trickiest to predict, but Klose and Bennett will be lucky to hold onto their places, but Bassong and Martin served Neil well before in the championship so looks a more likely option than putting 3 at the back. I''d say if Bassong / Ruddy don''t start then they are more or less career over at Norwich.

But above all else if the camp is split for whatever reason, it really depends who is causing it, knowing that will make it easier to predict ......

[quote user="GJP"]Interesting comment about Whittaker and Bassong being liabilities considering neither were involved in the biggest of shambolic defensive displays last weekend.[/quote]Obviously Whittaker and Bassong were both considered too bigger liabilities to get picked last week but then when all the others prove that they too are equal liabilities, Whitttaker & Bassong suddenly come back into the reckoning.

Pinto out is a headache for us. Whitts out too, Godfrey was had on toast by Roofe. Im sure Brady Has put in a shift at RB at some point in the past and has to be a better option than Martin, would also give us a chance of Pintoesq attacking play. We need more physicality at the back in this league so it wouldn''t surprise me if Turner or Bassong came in for Klose.

Will be clear those who ''gave up'' by their absence tomorrow, I''m expecting a strange day tomorrow with much umming and aarrrring.

Assuming Pinto is injured, and assuming Alex is wielding the Axe as he promised last week:

Mcgovern

Martin Klose Turner Olsson (last chance saloon)

Murphy Thompson Dorrans Pritchard Murphy

Oliviera.

Subs

Ruddy

Brady

Hoolahan

Bennett

Whittaker

Jerome

Godfrey.

Those coming in have the chance to prove they are good enough to stay in. Those on the bench/out need to do some serious thinking.

Ruddy

Whittaker Martin Klose Olsson

Dorrans Thompson

Pritchard Hoolahan Brady

Jerome