Yellow Green Army

TEAM FOR LEEDS

McGovern
Pinto Martin Klose Olssen 
Thompson 
Naismith Dorrans Josh
Hoolahan 
Jerome 
Ive kept McGovern in as cant see what Ruddy did in the cup game to get his place back, Klose is in as there''s no-one any better though I''m temped to drop him for Bassong
Olssen is only playing because don''t want Brady playing and there''s no other option until Toffolo comes back Jan 1st
I''ve started Naismith as still think he''ll come good if he starts games, Jacob is unlucky to be getting a rest but Josh gets his chance to shine.
Jerome, Wes, Dorrans keep their place as don''t believe they are any of the players that Russ was referring to

So on balance then, based on teams selected in this thread so far, apart from the odd change here and there, most people would select the vast majority of players who started on Saturday.All seems very odd to me but then again it''s the same 1 hour before every game when the team is announced. Everybody says, "good selection, happy with that, strong team, fantastic bench etc", completly ignoring the fact that most of those players have been rubbish for the last 4 or 5 weeks, and then after the game, when we''ve played even more rubbish than the week before, they slate the manager for his team selection.

I dunno how Klose manages to escape any criticism. Was awfull Saturday, got bullied big time by Murray just like he did Murphy vs ipswich. Cant handle the physical battle or a long ball. If I had a game coming up against Norwich any time soon my main tactics would be long balls over the top, stop the fullbacks bombing on and man mark Hoolahan. Job done.

[quote user="Making Plans"]So on balance then, based on teams selected in this thread so far, apart from the odd change here and there, most people would select the vast majority of players who started on Saturday.All seems very odd to me but then again it''s the same 1 hour before every game when the team is announced. Everybody says, "good selection, happy with that, strong team, fantastic bench etc", completly ignoring the fact that most of those players have been rubbish for the last 4 or 5 weeks, and then after the game, when we''ve played even more rubbish than the week before, they slate the manager for his team selection.[/quote]
I made 4 changes, what would your team be for Sat Making Plans ?

Hardly any players could complain if they got dropped to be fair so it could be anything. Will depend on who shows they are up for it in training this week.

Ruddy

Pinto Martin Klose Olsson

Thompson Dorrans

Murphy Wes Pritchard

Jerome

I''d leave the attacking to the forward players and stop the full backs pushing on.

Klose needs dropping was awfull again.

Murphy has bought nothing to the table in recent weeks. Unless you mean swapping Jacob for Josh.

Canos where are you ?

[quote user="Diane"]I made 4 changes, what would your team be for Sat Making Plans ?[/quote]Personally I''d do one of 2 things - I''d either pick exactly the same side and tell them to go out there and make up for last Saturday or, and this is my preference, I''d drop 7 players who in my opinion have been poor just lately.This would send a loud and clear message to all those who didn''t put a shift in against Brighton.We have a squad for times when players are injured, suspended, out of form and now, as it seems, can''t be bothered.Unfortunately those 4 things combined account for a large proportion of our squad at the moment.It''s time to try something different and give "squad players" a chance.First of all I''d have Ruddy in goal. Not necessarily because I think he''s that much better than McGovern but you can''t pick the same goalkeeper when he''s just gifted the opposition at least 3 goals.In defence I''d have Pinto at right back if fit, if not I''d have Whitttaker. (yes I know)I''d try Turner and Bassong (yes I know) as the CB pairing on the basis that they have played together a lot in this League and they can''t be any worse than the current form of Martin, Bennett and Klose.I''d keep Olsson in simply because he''s better than Brady at LB and there really isn''t a third option.I ditch Tettey (although I think he''s suspended anyway) and bring in Thompson - he has to be the way forward.Although in a ideal World I wouldn''t want to, I''d have to keep Dorrans

simply because at the moment he''s arguably the best of a bad bunch.The rest of midfield is a conumdrum - Hoolahan, Brady and Jacob haven''t really been at the races for the last 3 games. Howson is injured and I don''t rate Mulumbu or Naismith. The jury for me is well and truely out on Canos although we haven''t seen much of him.Sending Maddison to Aberdeen was a big mistake because given the form and availability of our

current midfield he would surely walk into our team right now.Therefore my attacking midfielders would be Josh & Pritchard.Finally up front there is a serious lack of choice and firepower. I don''t think Oliveira''s subtle flicks & touches are suited Championship football so I''d play Jerome and Lafferty. (yes I know)Despite his many other qualities, Jerome has only scored 6 in 14 and none in the last 3 so ideally we need someone who offers something different.Therefore I''d give Lafferty the chance alongside Jerome because he can mix it up a bit against what will be a physical Leeds side.It would ironic if it was Lafferty who got AN out of the mire, but you never know, things like that do happen in football. Team (442)RuddyPinto (Whittaker) Turner Bassong OlssonThompson Dorrans Pritchard JoshJerome LaffertyOn the bench I''d have - McGovern, Martin, Klose, Brady, Hoolahan, Canos, Oliveira.

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="Diane"]I made 4 changes, what would your team be for Sat Making Plans ?[/quote]Personally I''d do one of 2 things - I''d either pick exactly the same side and tell them to go out there and make up for last Saturday or, and this is my preference, I''d drop 7 players who in my opinion have been poor just lately.This would send a loud and clear message to all those who didn''t put a shift in against Brighton.We have a squad for times when players are injured, suspended, out of form and now, as it seems, can''t be bothered.Unfortunately those 4 things combined account for a large proportion of our squad at the moment.It''s time to try something different and give "squad players" a chance.First of all I''d have Ruddy in goal. Not necessarily because I think he''s that much better than McGovern but you can''t pick the same goalkeeper when he''s just gifted the opposition at least 3 goals.In defence I''d have Pinto at right back if fit, if not I''d have Whitttaker. (yes I know)I''d try Turner and Bassong (yes I know) as the CB pairing on the basis that they have played together a lot in this League and they can''t be any worse than the current form of Martin, Bennett and Klose.I''d keep Olsson in simply because he''s better than Brady at LB and there really isn''t a third option.I ditch Tettey (although I think he''s suspended anyway) and bring in Thompson - he has to be the way forward.Although in a ideal World I wouldn''t want to, I''d have to keep Dorrans

simply because at the moment he''s arguably the best of a bad bunch.The rest of midfield is a conumdrum - Hoolahan, Brady and Jacob haven''t really been at the races for the last 3 games. Howson is injured and I don''t rate Mulumbu or Naismith. The jury for me is well and truely out on Canos although we haven''t seen much of him.Sending Maddison to Aberdeen was a big mistake because given the form and availability of our

current midfield he would surely walk into our team right now.Therefore my attacking midfielders would be Josh & Pritchard.Finally up front there is a serious lack of choice and firepower. I don''t think Oliveira''s subtle flicks & touches are suited Championship football so I''d play Jerome and Lafferty. (yes I know)Despite his many other qualities, Jerome has only scored 6 in 14 and none in the last 3 so ideally we need someone who offers something different.Therefore I''d give Lafferty the chance alongside Jerome because he can mix it up a bit against what will be a physical Leeds side.It would ironic if it was Lafferty who got AN out of the mire, but you never know, things like that do happen in football. Team (442)RuddyPinto (Whittaker) Turner Bassong OlssonThompson Dorrans Pritchard JoshJerome LaffertyOn the bench I''d have - McGovern, Martin, Klose, Brady, Hoolahan, Canos, Oliveira.[/quote]

I can''t anyone serious when they suggest turner and bassong as CBs together.

Then to also suggest whittaker and lafferty should get into the starting 11!

I suggest you get your head seriously tested like now

[quote user="have my howson it"]

I suggest you get your head seriously tested like now[/quote]If Turner, Bassong and Whitakker are not good enough then why are they here and why were Turner and Whitakker given new contracts in the Summer. If AN thought they were worth keeping then surely now is the time to use them. At least they don''t give up.As for Lafferty, I''ve just got the feeling that he will prove AN wrong one day.Time for AN to put his preferences, his favourites and his dislikes aside, do something different, turn things around and save his bacon.

Not sure how fit Whitts is because he recently had a hernia op. Should think that''s a quick recovery time though. If it''s him or Martin for right back I pick him every time. 

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]Ruddy

Pinto

Martin

Klose

Olsson

Thompson

Dorrans

Naismith

Hoolahan

Brady

Jerome 
 Subs:

McGovern, Bassong, Murphy, Murphy, Canos, Oliveira, Pritchard[/quote]
I don''t think your team will be too far out from the one that Alex picks tbh Duncan though surprised you haven''t got your favourite Bassong in the lineup [:)]  and I think he might stick with McGovern  in goal

Pinto being back would be a massive boost regardless of who else is picked in the team, in all honesty.

Ruddy

Pinto Turner Bassong Olsson

Thompson

Canos Pritchard Dorrans Brady

Oliviera

dropping Martin as i think the players have a problem with him as much as the manager

but of course he is managers Favorite so martin will start

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="have my howson it"]

I suggest you get your head seriously tested like now[/quote]If Turner, Bassong and Whitakker are not good enough then why are they here and why were Turner and Whitakker given new contracts in the Summer. If AN thought they were worth keeping then surely now is the time to use them. At least they don''t give up.As for Lafferty, I''ve just got the feeling that he will prove AN wrong one day.Time for AN to put his preferences, his favourites and his dislikes aside, do something different, turn things around and save his bacon.[/quote]

Quite simple nobody wants them

Go for 4-4-2. The players are clearly not comfortable with 4-2-3-1, the opposition know what to expect and we are not getting enough players in the box. Even dear old Chris Hughton has seen the light!

i think we have to get away from this 6 defenders

and 4 up front

the gap between the 2 DM and the AM is to big and gives the other teams midfield space to play

we sit to deep with 2 DM and its not helping keeping the goals out so why not go on the front foot and keep the ball in their half

@morty Only if that 12th player is a recall for Van Wolfswinkel - we need his professional never-say-die attitude right now... and yes I saw the LDC post so get the joke.

Ruddy

......Bennett Bassong Klose

Pinto......Thompson.........Olsson

Dorrans

Pritchard Hoolahan

Jerome

We''re Always looking towards individual mistakes and I think it''s generally because were stretched or someone is wildly out of position. Would like us to have pinto and olsson providing some natural width while keeping stability with a back 3. Gives Pritchard and hoolahan a license to roam around too.

Leeds will look to do what they did in the EFL, and others have done with equal success -- draw us forward, press heavily in the midfield until we give the ball away, then put a ball over our ponderous back line for their strikers to run on to. Playing 3 at the back won''t prevent that. One answer is for whoever is in goal to come quickly out of his area to clear -- McGovern then, rather than Ruddy.

Let''s go bold and play a 3-4-2-1 like Chelsea do right now.

Ruddy

Bennett, Martin, Klose

Pinto, Thompson, Dorrans, Brady

Pritchard, Hoolahan

Jerome

I don''t think we can play 2 up front as the two strikers we have are too similar so it would be far too one-dimensional.

@westcoast

McGovern may be slightly better at coming off his line but he isn''t actually good at it- he''s got an awful habit of coming, stopping and then finally committing which you can tell panics whoever is the last defender.