Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Green Army

TEAM FOR LEEDS

Brady and Naismith? Really.... Two of the most uninterested, below par, lethargic want away performers this season. I''d far rather keep Hooly central, or change the system and create more width, we play too narrow too often which also doesn''t help when you constantly pass sideways.

Ruddy

Pinto (if fit), Russ, Klose, Olsson

Josh, Dorrans, Thompson, Pritchard

Oliviera

Jerome

You can read Alex Neil like a book so here is the team for next week.

Ruddy

Pinto, Martin, Klose, Olsson,

Thompson, Dorrans,

Josh Murphy, Hoolahan, Brady

Jerome.

Another reason why Neil should go daisy.

Even the pinkun board knows what he''s doing next.

Easy for rival managers

Just a new manager required please that is all

Ryan Bennett shouldn''t be near the team. Neither should Klose but have no alternative.

Ruddy

Pinto Martin Klose Olson

Thompson

Jacob. Dorrans. Brady

Hoolahan

Jerome

If Howson was available or Tettey think I''d try 3 central midfielders with Jacob and Brady hugging the touchline.

How about 2 strikers?

Just for fun.

And because everyone can see us playing 1 upfront a mile off.

Hasn''t he said to Paddy D tonight that there will be big changes in personnel?

Yeah probably does need a run of games to be fair.

Could go back to basics 4-4-2 Brady and Jacob either wing and get crosses in.

Would go against our entire way of playing under AN up to now, though

So are most of the teams in this league.

It was predictable how Brighton would set up before the game. Most teams play one system and rarely move from it.

I don''t think our predictable formation is the problem, it''s the overall performance of the team. Obviously gifting a Brighton goal inside ten minutes plays exactly into Hughtons hands but we need to have an option beyond giving it to Hoolahan and hoping for the best.

Put it this way. I doubt the end result would have been much different had we played 2 up front today.

Fair comment.

But perhaps a bit of a change would give the team something.

"As professionals and as people, everyone has to come together. For those that don''t, they won''t be there to respond on Saturday." (Russ Martin)
So instead of predicting the team, what about suggestions from those that saw yesterday''s game as to who they think won''t be there to respond on Saturday?

so we get hammered 5-0 with most problems at the back but then proceed to make no changes there but all up front. And why would we drop our two most consistent players in jerome and wes?

More than any thought possible the loss of Pinto has weakened us at the back (moved martin to the flank and brought bennett in is a double whammy) as well as limiting our attacking options, removing the width from our attack and highlighting Jacobs limitation. It is probably the most influential of any loss of a player this season. We have to hope he is fit.

For me we have three options.

Stick with 4231 and not trusting the back 4 and having two deep midfielders to cover their arses.

Revert to the promotion winning 4141 and trust the back 4; that looks unlikely at the moment with our defence and lack of wide options beyond the full backs

Or more more radically to a wing back formation, 541 defending and 352 going forward.

I suspect we will stick with 4231 (Ruddy, Pinto(hope) Bassong, Klose, Olsson; Thompson, Dorrans; Pritchard, Wes, Brady; Jerome) but would like to see us try something like

Ruddy

Martin Klose Bassong

Thompson

Pinto Dorrans Pritchard Brady

Wes

Jerome

Its my vimto effort - whats the worst that can happen, and its unlikely to be as bad as yesterday is it?

And ffs please can we try and get some players around and god forbid beyond the isolated jerome

Jerome has been isolated all this season and most of last season. Neil has not changed that dynamic in a long time. Luckily Cameron has found some scoring touch this year and the midfield have scored goals. We also tend not to defend well as a team.

A bit radical from me this week, but an idea which I think could work wonders with our current squad and the current issues:[url=http://lineupbuilder.com/?sk=c32w31]NCFC 3-6-1[/url]

...............Ruddy............

....Bennett....Martin....Klose....

Pinto...........................................Brady

..............Dorrans.....Thompson.......

.......................Hoolahan...............

................Jerome........Oliveira..........

GJL

Not a chance in hell would he change the formation. We have 4321 week in week out. We have either an attacking 4321 or a defensive 4321.

Ruddy

Martin Klose Bassong

Pinto Olsson

Dorrans Thompson Brady

Pritchard

Jerome

No way will he drop McGovern after one bad game when he had no protection. I think he will go with

McGovern

Pinto

Martin

Bassong

Olsson

Thompson

Dorrans

Pritchard

Naismith

Brady

Jerome

Turner, Canos, Hoolahan, Oliveira on the bench with the Murphy''s, Ruddy and Turner. Klose and Bennett nowhere to be seen.

No protection ????????

Don''t think his control from the back pass for goal 1, him coming out for the cross being caught in no man''s land & his awful kick out for another goal was anything to do with lack of protection.

If Ruddy can''t get a game after that performance from McGovern then he won''t ever get one. Very very poor. And needs to start dropping people after such poor performances.

[quote user="Move Klose"]Jones

Pinto Turner Bassong Olsson

Thompson

Canos Pritchard Dorrans Brady

Oliviera[/quote]

Nah Harvey we are out of that league cup if you remember....

I would make significant changes from that team that started on Saturday. Go with some kids - they are the future of this club and to continue with the same back four and expecting different results is madness... and no,,,, Turner and Bassong are not the answer.

Ruddy

Pinto, Godfrey, Klose (no choice), Tofolo (or Brady)

Ja Murphy, Dorrans, Thompson, Jo Murphy

Cantwell

Jerome