Sign in to follow this  
Rogue Baboon

Archant Trying to Apply the Pressure?

Poll: How long should Alex Neil be given to turn it around at Norwich City?

Are they trying to ramp up the pressure on Neil?

Fans are clearly angry, some still back Neil but it seems a larger number are now turning against him, or at least considering if they think hes the right man. Fans know it, the club know it & Neil probably knows it.

So what is the point of the poll that has appeared on the homepage? It seems the media are trying to send a message as well?

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]Poll: How long should Alex Neil be given to turn it around at Norwich City?

Are they trying to ramp up the pressure on Neil?

Fans are clearly angry, some still back Neil but it seems a larger number are now turning against him, or at least considering if they think hes the right man. Fans know it, the club know it & Neil probably knows it.

So what is the point of the poll that has appeared on the homepage? It seems the media are trying to send a message as well?[/quote]Clickbait is a pejorative term describing web content that is aimed at generating online advertising revenue, especially at the expense of quality or accuracy, relying on sensationalist headlines or eye-catching thumbnail pictures to attract click-throughs and to encourage forwarding of the material over online social networks. Clickbait headlines typically aim to exploit the "curiosity gap", providing just enough information to make the reader curious, but not enough to satisfy their curiosity without clicking through to the linked content.

I''ve been thinking the same, quite deep criticism and not Si implicit either. Didn''t Roeder get similar stories?

Let''s face it, archant are always trying to drum up a crisis of one sort or the other. Realistically there''s not much to print most of the time so crisis sells newspapers, which I find hilarious, the idea that people buy newspapers in 2016. Why don''t you send a telegram while you are at it lol!

I think the analysis and reporting of the current situation is spot on

I like how the Birmingham Mail hold Villa to account and it''s great seeing Archant doing the same thing

Good journalism

Archant Newspapers normally tiptoe around the club trying not to upset. Paddy Davitt''s damning assessment of the mutiny within the dressing room only means one thing ie Neil is a dead man walking. Fans and players want him out.

If they are, good!!

Archant are usually too scared to p*ss the club off and it''s about time they found some balls.

Thought it was an excellent and fair article, didn’t pull any punches.

A few years ago suspect whoever the writer was might well have had an enforced spell away from FCR reporting on Ryman League North matches. Good to see that appears to have changed now.

Currently over 1,500 votes and 63% in favour of Alex Neil getting a chance to turn things round. Hopefully we''ll lose on Saturday and this proportion will reverse. Bad medicine is needed to get rid of the disease.

Wings of a sparrow wrote;

They use this board as some sort of yardstick to measure how supporters feel.

I sincerely hope they don''t, be lucky if anymore than 20% attend matches, this forum would not present anything that resembles how supporters feel.

[quote user="ZLF"]another example of how things have changed since mcnally left.[/quote]

To be fair I think things were changing before DMc left, although I''d guess that his departure did accelerate this

[quote user="Tim Allman"][quote user="ZLF"]another example of how things have changed since mcnally left.[/quote]

To be fair I think things were changing before DMc left, although I''d guess that his departure did accelerate this[/quote]I understand there had been a senior editorial change at Archant Towers that had decided on a less deferential (petrified might be an alternative word...) attitude to Carrow Road, so in an ironic way McNally leaving soon afterwards was the cause of some angst, in the sense only that EDP staff had been looking forward to incurring his wrath, knowing that they would be backed by their management.

[quote user="Leonard Rowntree"]Currently over 1,500 votes and 63% in favour of Alex Neil getting a chance to turn things round. Hopefully we''ll lose on Saturday and this proportion will reverse. Bad medicine is needed to get rid of the disease.[/quote]

FFS 85 games in charge and people still need one more to make up their minds ?

Leopards dont change their spots.....the man isnt capable of changing anything !

I thought the poll was actually rather easy going seeing as though the options of 1 month to an immediate sacking are a long time in football especially in this division.

If Alex Neil doesn''t galvanise the players for a better performance vs Leeds then the board should seriously think about ending his tenure.

With a critical January transfer window and a congested Xmas if you want a new man in, then AN may have November to stop that decision.

Results, performances and unity need to be brought back on board in that time. Good luck AN

this international break IS a good time to change; it gives any new manager time to assess the squad in matches and see where he perceives the gaps to be in prep for the Jan window.

Much later and it all gets a bit rushed.

Could someone help me out.
When I look at the poll on the pinkun there''s no percentages and the ''''give him more time'''' line is not much bigger than the ''''out now'''' line.
Have tried looking on chrome/firefox/IE and my phone, all looks the same to me

[quote user="Diane"]Could someone help me out.
When I look at the poll on the pinkun there''s no percentages and the ''''give him more time'''' line is not much bigger than the ''''out now'''' line.
Have tried looking on chrome/firefox/IE and my phone, all looks the same to me
[/quote] Its a bit of a lopsided poll really , you have four choices which amount to giving Neil more time and only one that says get rid , should have been a straight in or out vote .

Paddy Davitt had been waiting to draw knives since before the season started. Listen back to the podcasts from preseason and you can hear, that like a number of people on here, he was waiting for the first signs of anything going wrong to get his stick out.

We''ve lost two games and people are acting like it''s some sort of crisis. It''s not. We''ve just lost two games. That''s all. Most, if not all teams will do that in this league. It''s the same thing spun by other trashy media outlets. Guardiola loses a couple it''s a crisis. Mourinho loses a couple and it''s a crisis. Conte lost a couple and it was a crisis. All you are seeing is Archant stooping to the level of the gutter press rather than reporting on facts. All in the name of a few more clicks.

''We''ve lost two games and people are acting like it''s some sort of crisis. It''s not. We''ve just lost two games. That''s all.''

Thats all?

That''s not exactly true is it.

We have a captain that has publicly accused players of giving up on Saturday. You are also ignoring throwing away 2 goal leads against Newcastle & Fulham, conceding poor goals against poorer teams & generally looking poor in almost every game we have played. We also have a manager that does not seem to be able to influence games in a positive way & does not seem to be inspiring confidence in his players

Buh wrote the following post at 2016-10-31 4:22 PM:

Let''s face it, archant are always trying to drum up a crisis of one sort or the other. Realistically there''s not much to print most of the time so crisis sells newspapers, which I find hilarious, the idea that people buy newspapers in 2016. Why don''t you send a telegram while you are at it lol!

If crisis reporting sells the EDP then the Sun must make billions a day!

It''s not a comment necessarily about the content providers at archant but I''d almost guarantee revenue peaks during times of "crisis" in respect to calmer times. If that''s so the EDP''s financial health is irrevocably tied to Norwich city "crisis"

There''s a conspiracy theory for you!

[quote user="Buh"]It''s not a comment necessarily about the content providers at archant but I''d almost guarantee revenue peaks during times of "crisis" in respect to calmer times. If that''s so the EDP''s financial health is irrevocably tied to Norwich city "crisis"

There''s a conspiracy theory for you![/quote]Bad news sells. You only have to look at how much busier this forum has been since we hit this current ''crisis''.

Everyone''s mad, we are playing very poorly but running tjiwnpoll again just to stoke more hatred and negativity?

It''s sloppy, poor, lowest common denominator journalism

Here''s a bold prediction, more people will want Alex Neil out. What a great piece of work. Clap clap.

How about have an original thought edp, it''s not the content it''s the sheer laziness of it.

I think it will display that last weeks poll was inaccurate , in that a " majority" believed AN could turn it around .

Like I have said many times before as gave others ,,, he learns nothing . Not from last season , and certainly not from this one .

Insanity rules at the Carra