Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Sorry Worthy, but your time is up

Four nil and well & truely stuffed.

Here''s the plan -

1. Get rid of Worthy tomorrow, we can''t afford to wait any longer.

2. Get a Manager who can see what''s happening and do something about it.

3. Sell Ashton & Green for as much money as possible in next transfer window - both over rated and a complete waste of space - they no longer have the desire for the Championship.

4. Use the money to buy some defenders who can actually defend.

5. Get rid, at any price, of Doherty, Charlton, Fleming etc - no longer up to it (if they ever were).

6. Start to rebuild for 2006/7 season now.

See you all next August.

Bye bye.

I agree with every word you have written.

I am currently that embaresed to be a CITY fan i have taken all the sticker out of my car!

Worthy must go now like you say before it''s to late as games are coming thick and fast at the moment.....and some how i can''t see us winning 4-5! because that is the only thing that will save his bacon tonight.

Glad in a way that i handed my away season ticket back.

Come on boys do something this half to give us some respect....

I agree we should get rid of Worthy as he is rubbish but the only reason Ashton plays badly for us is that he is used in the target man position, he is not a target man and is at his best when the ball is played to his feet like when at Crewe. Also, Doherty has looked class this season so I dont agree with you there, IMO the problem is in midfield, we are nothing without Safri, and Hughes is to simular to him, we need an attacking partner to go with him in the Lampard mould. We have a bloody good Championship team but after that the sqaud looks weak and this is Worthys fault with his rubbishness in the transfer market. IMO we should get rid of Worthy now.

This is our starting 11;

Green

Colin Doherty Davenport Drury

Marney Hughes Safri Huckerby

Ashton McViegh

And the man to manage them is Dario Gradi, if not than Mark Mcghee, Kenny Jackett, Adie Bootroyd or Martin Allen would be nice. Anyone who could turn this around.

Worthys time is only up when and only when the board say so.   At the end of the day we have lost to a form team in the league at their place.  Worthy will get more time.

I see and hear nothing from them (and would not expect to) to suggest he is on thin ice and he will be hear for the next 3 games at least.

The time is coming near when fans will start asking the board for some action with the mnagement,  just as a 15 months ago fans started asking worthy for action to remove underperforming players like Eddy, Holt and Flem for the good of the team.

As I posted elsewhere worthy has not learnt from any mistakes over the last 2 years; if he cant see the failings he cant put them right so he has to go.  If he can convince the board he can turn it around then he will be given more time - but I would not give him any more cash to spend.  he has made his bed and now has to use the resources only he pulled together.

OTBC

True we lost to a form team..last season we were losing to Arsenal, Chelsea by these margins. while Luton were storming League one.     I ask who has progressed... How much more time should he be given.   Who would replace him...  all the questions  the board have got to sit down and ask themselves .. The clock is ticking..

Tonight amongst worthington usual post match comments. he told the players at half time they were playing for their pride...   I would say that now he is managing for pride..

Anyone who thinks Dean Ashton is a waste of space is out of touch.  He scored a great goal tonight, despite spending most of his time in midfield (because we didn''t seem to have one, would have scored another but for a great goal line clearance and finally set-up Javis.  Deano is class and has shown his commitment by signing an extension to his contract.

Plus anyone critising Greeno has a pretty short memory.

"Here''s the plan -

1. Get rid of Worthy tomorrow, we can''t afford to wait any longer.

2. Get a Manager who can see what''s happening and do something about it.

3. Sell Ashton & Green for as much money as possible in next transfer window - both over rated and a complete waste of space - they no longer have the desire for the Championship.

4. Use the money to buy some defenders who can actually defend.

5. Get rid, at any price, of Doherty, Charlton, Fleming etc - no longer up to it (if they ever were).

6. Start to rebuild for 2006/7 season now.

See you all next August.

Bye bye."

And that''s a plan, is it? Bye then.

[quote]True we lost to a form team..last season we were losing to Arsenal, Chelsea by these margins. while Luton were storming League one. I ask who has progressed... How much more time should he be give...[/quote]

I agree kenny - the debate over worthy has gone too far now - I will keep the faith with the steam but the club will not progress until we have a new management team.  When even club employee adams agrees on the phone-in last night that worthy is starting to lose the dressing room then the clock is indeed ticking, and fast.

The spotlight now turns on the board.  It is one thing having a coach mis-managing the team, but to have a board unable to manager their team manager is unacceptable.

While I want worthy changed now the timescale is with the board - it is them that has to be convinced worthy can turn things around. 

My challenge to the board is listen to the fan inside you and ask whether what worthy tells you as a recovery plan will work and work quickly enough for your dreams.   If he cannot convince you why should he have more time now?  If he can convince you short term smart objectives have to be set so that if things do not improve any new manager has the chance to perform an Iain Dowie like miracle...   I do expect to see or hear anything of this in the paper - but for it not to be happening behind the scenes is unimaginable.

OTBC

[quote]Four nil and well & truely stuffed. Here''s the plan - 1. Get rid of Worthy tomorrow, we can''t afford to wait any longer. 2. Get a Manager who can see what''s happening and do something about it....[/quote]

Well this season if still far from over, IMO! we can stil turn it around, with worthy or without him. 

"3. sell greeno and Ashton both over-rated". rubbish! Ashton, yes, has not as of yet not been anything like he was last season in the prem. But to say that he is overated, is ridiculous, he scored goals for fun at crewe at this level!! And same applies for green, a top class keeper could get into most prem teams starting 11, except the top 6s. to day get rid of doherty, ok yes he did have a bad game last nite, but to get rid of him when he finally seems 2 be coming good! But apart from all that, i do kind of agree with what your saying. your all very happy to stick with your club through the good, what about the bad times!!! show some constructive support!  

[quote]Four nil and well & truely stuffed. Here''s the plan - 1. Get rid of Worthy tomorrow, we can''t afford to wait any longer. 2. Get a Manager who can see what''s happening and do something about it....[/quote]

Well this season if still far from over, IMO! we can stil turn it around, with worthy or without him. 

"3. sell greeno and Ashton both over-rated". rubbish! Ashton, yes, has not as of yet not been anything like he was last season in the prem. But to say that he is overated, is ridiculous, he scored goals for fun at crewe at this level!! And same applies for green, a top class keeper could get into most prem teams starting 11, except the top 6s. to day get rid of doherty, ok yes he did have a bad game last nite, but to get rid of him when he finally seems 2 be coming good! But apart from all that, i do kind of agree with what your saying. your all very happy to stick with your club through the good, what about the bad times!!! show some constructive comments!  

[quote]"Here''s the plan - 1. Get rid of Worthy tomorrow, we can''t afford to wait any longer. 2. Get a Manager who can see what''s happening and do something about it. 3. Sell Ashton & Green for a...[/quote]

What is your plan Old Boy?   You dont like Making plans for Nigels... but it is a course of action - what do you propose?

OTBC