Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

McCormack - £21 Million + total package

After seeing that reported after the presser today I can''t help but feel it would have been negligent towards the club for us to pursue him.
Absolutely crazy money. Not worth it at that, by a long shot.

Yep, just not worth risking it. It''s ok for someone like Villa that can afford to take that financial hit but we would have an albatross around our necks for years if we didn''t go back up. I guess some will moan that we aren''t showing ambition, but there is a fine line between ambition and financial suicide.

[quote user="Herman "]Yep, just not worth risking it. It''s ok for someone like Villa that can afford to take that financial hit but we would have an albatross around our necks for years if we didn''t go back up. I guess some will moan that we aren''t showing ambition, but there is a fine line between ambition and financial suicide.[/quote]^^This...............change that to a concrete block Herman.

There''s "holding on to the purse strings" and then there''s this

Norwich were right to pursue it but we cannot justify this cost

Aston villas behaviour is that of a club that needs to get back up in one season and if not they are screwed.

They''ve got no-one decent to pass the ball to McCormack anyway

Can villa even take that hit?

when Lambert was brought in, his job there was to lower their wage bill because they were quite financially unstable - is that fixed now? villa could be facing quite the issue in the coming seasons if not.

[quote user="Redders Right Foot"]Can villa even take that hit?

when Lambert was brought in, his job there was to lower their wage bill because they were quite financially unstable - is that fixed now? villa could be facing quite the issue in the coming seasons if not.[/quote]
Yeah, chinese billionaire owners now mate!

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Redders Right Foot"]Can villa even take that hit?

when Lambert was brought in, his job there was to lower their wage bill because they were quite financially unstable - is that fixed now? villa could be facing quite the issue in the coming seasons if not.[/quote]
[/quote]Clickbait

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Redders Right Foot"]Can villa even take that hit?

[/quote]Clickbait[/quote]
[:D] Already seen that! There''s a couple of other funny Villa one''s @ newsthump.com

I really hope that they don''t go straight back up so that they can fall foul of the FFP rules. Even with parachute payments their lack of relegation clauses and failure to fill their ground I don''t see how they can not be breaking the rules...

We''ve done well to compete at the level we have for so long, the gulf is getting so big now that we really are at a precipitous point imo.

The biggest sadness for me is if we hadn''t made such a balls up of last summers window we would have been able to keep up for that much longer, only delaying the inevitable sadly. I''m not sure I want to see us compete in an EPL that is more like the NFL than the football league,not be honest.

Whilst I hoped we would signed McC, on balance, I agree that £21m would have been a ridiculous amount of money and simply too much.

I do, however, wish we hadn''t spent all summer chasing him and instead closed down negotiations when it became clear that we couldn''t offer what Fulham or McC wanted.

During our most successful period in recent times (i.e. Lambert) we benefited from getting our business done early and having a full pre-season as a unit. Get rid of this ridiculous football board hierarchy (I''m assuming it still exists). The last 2 summer transfer windows have been a complete disaster. Tell AN what his budget is and let him get on with it.