Sign in to follow this  
SeattleCanary

How about Jay Rodriguez

On loan.... Sorry saw loads of striker suggestions and for me this is way more realistic than Ings. Coming off the back of a long term lay off, broke into the England set up a few seasons back, has pedigree in this league (and prem). Saints have Long, Austin and Juanmi. With Pelle having left, you know they will replace him and they have Tadic as an attacking outlet too. Could be a good opportunity to get his career back on track and signing for a top champ club wouldn''t be beyond the realms of possibility.

[quote user="have my howson it"]And he''s gonna come to Norwich because?[/quote]

He''ll be guaranteed first team football, and saints won''t be strengthening a league rival? Not rocket science.

Would be a great addition, but I just can''t see it, especially as I think he could actually get quite a bit of playing time this season if he''s fully recovered from his injury as has had a good pre-season to show it.Chances are that Soton could sell him tomorrow for 10-15 mil without any problem, and generally speaking, 10-15 mil players don''t get loaned to Champs clubs unless the loaning club is desperate to save on wages or put someone in a shop window, and I don''t think Soton are in either of those positions.

What an interesting suggestion! Sadly, probably never going to be a reality. He does more than often play left wing though so not sure he would be a good option if AN sticks with playing one up top.

He also played 12 times last season in the Prem without returning a single goal.

[quote user="AJ"]What an interesting suggestion! Sadly, probably never going to be a reality. He does more than often play left wing though so not sure he would be a good option if AN sticks with playing one up top.

He also played 12 times last season in the Prem without returning a single goal.[/quote]

You mean he''s a......... Midfielder!!!!! AN is going to go all out then! Haha. He''ll need to do a good Scottish accent to sweeten the deal.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]Plus Southampton have one of the smallest squads I have ever seen. Only 24 players on the books.[/quote]

After selling Mane and Pelle you''d have to assume they''ll buy players for those positions.

[quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="AJ"]What an interesting suggestion! Sadly, probably never going to be a reality. He does more than often play left wing though so not sure he would be a good option if AN sticks with playing one up top.

He also played 12 times last season in the Prem without returning a single goal.[/quote]

You mean he''s a......... Midfielder!!!!! AN is going to go all out then! Haha. He''ll need to do a good Scottish accent to sweeten the deal.[/quote]

Where does this idea that AN is obsessed with Scottish footballers come from? We only have 4 Scottish players in the entire squad at last count.....

Would be great but he''s had a pre season so has hopefully overcome his injury problems, so i''d imagine they''ll have him as one of their selection of strikers. Quality player that has been called up for England!

[quote user="Temp the Revelator"][quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="AJ"]What an interesting suggestion! Sadly, probably never going to be a reality. He does more than often play left wing though so not sure he would be a good option if AN sticks with playing one up top.

You mean he''s a......... Midfielder!!!!! AN is going to go all out then! Haha. He''ll need to do a good Scottish accent to sweeten the deal.[/quote]

Where does this idea that AN is obsessed with Scottish footballers come from? We only have 4 Scottish players in the entire squad at last count.....[/quote]

and two of those were here before he joined us!

Along with the problem of him always being injured.

I really wonder how people think on here. Not in a thousand years would jay Rodriguez come to Norwich or even be a good signing

[quote user="Temp the Revelator"][quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="AJ"]What an interesting suggestion! Sadly, probably never going to be a reality. He does more than often play left wing though so not sure he would be a good option if AN sticks with playing one up top.

Where does this idea that AN is obsessed with Scottish footballers come from? We only have 4 Scottish players in the entire squad at last count.....[/quote]

Mostly joking pal. Although RM is Scottish and he likes to select Whitts and Martin ahead of other options selecting the team. He looks to players who have operated in the SPL, and bought Andreu from Scottish football. I suppose my reference should have been more to Scottish, and Scottish league experienced players.

[quote user="have my howson it"]Along with the problem of him always being injured.

I really wonder how people think on here. Not in a thousand years would jay Rodriguez come to Norwich or even be a good signing[/quote]

Why not? He''s not young anymore at 27, so in his prime and needs to be playing. After a long lay off you''d think they''d want him to get some game time. Anyway at least make a suggestion rather than shooting other people''s suggestions down. Who do you think?

I''ll shoot it down because it''s a ridiculous suggestion.

If we were prepared to pay £10 million for a striker then pay that kind of money for assombolonga simple as that or the gamble on kodjia.

If we''re going down the cheap option which is the most likely option then go for David nugent

[quote user="have my howson it"]I''ll shoot it down because it''s a ridiculous suggestion.

If we were prepared to pay £10 million for a striker then pay that kind of money for assombolonga simple as that or the gamble on kodjia.

If we''re going down the cheap option which is the most likely option then go for David nugent[/quote]

Or just read the OP and see I said a loan, nothing about knocking out 10 or 15 mill. 10 mill wouldn''t get Britt Assombalonga, now who''s dreaming....

If we can persuade Rodriguez to come here then it''s a no brainer.

Assombalonga has physical presence so is probably the better fit for lone striker.

Nugent knows where the goal is and is suited for the lower divisions. But should have got him about 20 years ago - is he about 40 now ? A good option if we have nobody else.