Sign in to follow this  
Matthew Taylor

FAO nigel Worthington/the players/anyone at the club

Can someone please explain to us why a guy who normally plays left back was played in the centre of midfield last night, and a guy who normally plays left midfield (or centre) was played at left back, leaving a centre midfielder signed by our manager in the summer on the bench?
No disrespect to either player, last nights selection was unfair on Charlton, Brennan and Jarret (who the manager himself said needs a run of games) as the first 2 have show in the past they can do a job for us in the normal roles.
This is the sort of decision (along with Saturday''s diamond) that is leaving us all so frustrated and angry,
If this decision can be explained to us in reasonable terms it would help.

I think those are fair questions. Worthy did explain the thinking behind the diamond in yesterday''s Pink -Un, and admitted it hadn''t worked. So Worhty please, leave the diamond alone - you try it every autumn and it doesn''t work.

I agree about the midfield though, I''d have thought the other way around would have worked better. Didn''t think Charlton looked very good in that position on Sat either. Jarrett isn''t looking great either, but give him a run of games at least. (Don''t some say'' play him into form'').