Sign in to follow this  
Old Yellow And Green Boy

Fulham v Newcastle

No we weren''t- Matt Smith is rubbish.

Re Newcastle- when I saw their starting XI today I was a little underwhelmed. The defence looks average, Colback and Hayden are not an inspiring central midfield and I''ve never been totally sold on Gayle.

It will be interesting to see if they use some of the players that didn''t even make the bench as the season goes on- Mitrovic could be quality at this level and Diame has proven himself to be up for a Championship scrap.

Newcastle are building a new team after all their superstars have left. The Chumps is a different league to the PL.

Only Norwich can stop Norwich getting promoted.

[quote user="treacletown07"]Newcastle are building a new team after all their superstars have left. The Chumps is a different league to the PL.

Only Norwich can stop Norwich getting promoted.[/quote]

This. Villa and Newcastle aren''t experienced in this league. A class striker and we are set. Newcastle have too many new players, it will take 5-10 games to gel.

This match has absolutely no relevance to how we will get on against these clubs when we play them. Our stunning performances at St James'' Park and Villa Park last season shows this. On the day we have to put in the performances that gives us the right to get the points.

Newcastle looked disjointed and poor defensively.

I am not really impressed with any of their signings and they don''t look better thanoour players.

If we stick together and are compact then we will can get automatic promotion with a couple of sensible striking additions.

The key is not making or being forced into wholesale changes.

I think they''ll still win the league, maybe not as easily as they seem to think, but Champions nevertheless.

The first game of the season is notoriously bad indicator of how a team will perform. When Reading won the league with a record 106 points in 2005/06, they lost their opening game to Plymouth Argyle.

[quote user="treacletown07"]Newcastle looked disjointed and poor defensively.

I am not really impressed with any of their signings and they don''t look better thanoour players.

If we stick together and are compact then we will can get automatic promotion with a couple of sensible striking additions.

The key is not making or being forced into wholesale changes.[/quote]

I would take Hayden and Ritchie. Other than that, meh.

I liked the look of Odoi for Fulham, controlling the ball with his back was great to watch, among plenty of other good touches and intelligent runs.

I''ve said it before and I''ll say it again -We have a better squad than Newcastle''s. Their players are completely overrated.